Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 03:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: BlackPearl goes white - Bolero LX 4x4

BP ! Perfect car for you. I can almost see 20-30K kms minimum in 2012

Any particular reason you chose white?
Does it come with any audio at all?

Maybe you could talk to Daga Auto for an aftermarket AC? You'll need it pretty quick !
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 09:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Where are you planning to get it registered?

It's being a BSIII vehicle you can't get it registered in Kolkatta. Or is there a way around it?
Old 5th March 2012, 09:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the white pearl , after reading the Humb'lehd thread for such a long time, i am also finding the Bolero quite a capable jeep and reading all about it.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 10:42   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Congratulation BlackPearl on the new acquisition.Wish you many happy miles ahead.

I got one question, since your Bolero was driven down from Nasik, was the engine speed limited by any means. I have heard Ambassador can't be driven above 60Kmph speed till first service. Duke is also electronically limited to 7500 rpm till the first service.

I have seen these guys driving the pre registered cars like crazy here in Chennai. 1904 km is a lot, and I sincerely hope they have driven it sanely during the transit.
Thanks ecenandu. I have no idea if M&M has any checks in place, but I hope that the guy who drove the car down drove it sanely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
BP ! Perfect car for you. I can almost see 20-30K kms minimum in 2012

Any particular reason you chose white?
Does it come with any audio at all?

Maybe you could talk to Daga Auto for an aftermarket AC? You'll need it pretty quick !
Thanks shuvc. There were only 2 colour options for Bolero LX, silver and white and I thought white would suit the bolero more. It does not come with any audio. Where is Daga Auto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Where are you planning to get it registered?

It's being a BSIII vehicle you can't get it registered in Kolkatta. Or is there a way around it?
@BANDHAV, the dealer from whom I got the vehicle had registered it outside Calcutta, a place called Barasat where they can register BS3 vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats on the white pearl , after reading the Humb'lehd thread for such a long time, i am also finding the Bolero quite a capable jeep and reading all about it.
Thanks motomaverick. It is indeed a very capable vehicle in the right hands, hope I can do justice to its capability.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 5th March 2012 at 10:48.
Old 5th March 2012, 11:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Where is Daga Auto?
Try here:

59-b, Chowringhee Road, Lala Rajpat Rai Sarani
Kolkata
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 11:21   #21
BHPian

Congrats BlackPearl.

The Bolero is one vehicle that I like a lot.

Do you live in Barasat area ? Otherwise how will arrange the address proof for the registration ? I would be very interested to know this, then we can buy BSIII vehicles and register them at Barasat.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:50   #22
BANNED

Hi Black Pearl,

Congrats on your purchase.

The Bolero LX 4wd is a good choice as long as one is clear with what it delivers and what it does not. Like the others have suggested, please put an air conditioner asap, especially for Calcutta weather. I would also suggest you put good quality fabric seat covers and sun film.

I assume it is possible to fit differential lockers in place of the current hubs if you need to. It is recommended.

Your FE will certainly go up to around 15kmpl in normal usage.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:42   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
Congrats BlackPearl.

The Bolero is one vehicle that I like a lot.

Do you live in Barasat area ? Otherwise how will arrange the address proof for the registration ? I would be very interested to know this, then we can buy BSIII vehicles and register them at Barasat.
Thanks mitrajdeep. I do not stay in Barasat, I stay at Jadavpur. This process is strange to me as they have given my voter id as address proof and that address is a Jadavpur address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi Black Pearl,

Congrats on your purchase.

The Bolero LX 4wd is a good choice as long as one is clear with what it delivers and what it does not. Like the others have suggested, please put an air conditioner asap, especially for Calcutta weather. I would also suggest you put good quality fabric seat covers and sun film.

I assume it is possible to fit differential lockers in place of the current hubs if you need to. It is recommended.

Your FE will certainly go up to around 15kmpl in normal usage.
Thanks n.devdath. AC is a must and I have to get it installed pretty soon. Otherwise wifey is not travelling in the vehicle :-(. I have already put up seat covers, need to get the sun film installed.
Old 12th March 2012, 14:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I have already put up seat covers, need to get the sun film installed.
Come down this weekend if you are free. We'll get the sunfilm and security system fitted. Also we got Ritik's Bolero a lil rough look . See if you like it.

Also found a place selling JBL oval speakers for Rs 2600/- in case you want to get an ICE fitted.

Sugata
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 14:29   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Come down this weekend if you are free. We'll get the sunfilm and security system fitted. Also we got Ritik's Bolero a lil rough look . See if you like it.

Also found a place selling JBL oval speakers for Rs 2600/- in case you want to get an ICE fitted.

Sugata
Great.. let me see if I can get the AC fitted this week. If not will get the sunfilm and security system fitted. Do you know where I can get a Steering lock and gear lock for the Bolero?
Old 19th March 2012, 15:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

As already told, very wise decision to go for this vehicle and the white colour surely suits the beast. Even i was also under the impression that getting the 4wd bolero is no more possible.
Do you have any idea or can check out from your source at M&M that whether the option of ordering the 4wd variant is still on after the facelift? Though the cost factor probably will not be this attractive.
EDIT: Getting the mechanically actuated 4wd is really a great advantage as i have heard about some issues regarding the electronic counterpart in bolero. Did you specifically ask for it or now it comes with mechanical 4x4 only?

Last edited by Kandisa : 19th March 2012 at 15:49.
Kandisa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 11:13   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
As already told, very wise decision to go for this vehicle and the white colour surely suits the beast. Even i was also under the impression that getting the 4wd bolero is no more possible.
Do you have any idea or can check out from your source at M&M that whether the option of ordering the 4wd variant is still on after the facelift? Though the cost factor probably will not be this attractive.
EDIT: Getting the mechanically actuated 4wd is really a great advantage as i have heard about some issues regarding the electronic counterpart in bolero. Did you specifically ask for it or now it comes with mechanical 4x4 only?
@Kandisa, AFAIK the 4wd variant is available only on Bolero BSIII models i.e. the pre-facelift one with MDI3200TC engines. The dealer had told me that 4wd is not available on m2DiCR engines. But it is very hard to believe the dealership as they are not aware of Scorpio LX 4x4 which has been launched sometime back. However, I saw a reply on this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post2713407
where bhpian iMASKARAN has mentioned
Quote:
The other interesting bit of info that I got is you can get a 4X4 Bolero on order. I checked specifically if it was the DI or the current M2DCIR which had the 4X4 option. I was told it can be had in the M2DCIR option on order, a Lakh extra and a waiting period for that.
The LX and DI 4x4 models come with mechanically actuated 4wd. The SLE model comes with electrically/electronically actuated 4wd and auto locking hubs.
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:01   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase BP.Quite a sensible purchase i must add..with that 4X4 capability you'd be cruising where roads are terrible or non-existent.

I myself had been toying with the idea of getting a used Bolero Storm, not a 4WD though but still old school fascinates me no end.But even though I zeroed in on one, I backed out the last minute after coming to know that the backseats are quite a pain cuz of the bumpy ride they offer.

White looks nice on your ride.Do go in for dark tints to add to the look.Have you considered adding alloys?Itd really complete the butch image.Cheers once again.

Last edited by octane1002 : 22nd March 2012 at 11:06.
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:39   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Congratulations on the purchase BP.Quite a sensible purchase i must add..with that 4X4 capability you'd be cruising where roads are terrible or non-existent.

I myself had been toying with the idea of getting a used Bolero Storm, not a 4WD though but still old school fascinates me no end.But even though I zeroed in on one, I backed out the last minute after coming to know that the backseats are quite a pain cuz of the bumpy ride they offer.

White looks nice on your ride.Do go in for dark tints to add to the look.Have you considered adding alloys?Itd really complete the butch image.Cheers once again.
Thanks octane1002. One of my acquaintances, who is into rallying and has driven the Bolero Storm several thousand kilometers, was all praises about it. He was hell bent on making me change my decision. He had asked me to cancel the booking for the LX 4x4 and go for a Storm. However the Storm was already out of production at that time. After driving about 2500 Kms, I feel this Bolero can handle a lot more power. The suspension is so stiff that you can take turns quite fast without any scary body roll. I was amazed at the speeds I could maintain on the Darjeeling-Mirik road, a place where I have driven a Baleno and an Esteem on previous occasions. However, the brakes should be upgraded.

Considering how bumpy the front seats are, the back seats are surely going to be a pain.

I have not considered putting alloys. The main reason is that most of the places where I travel do not have proper tyre repair shops to handle alloy wheels. In case of a puncture, it would break my heart to see them hammering on the alloy to set the tire in.
Old 27th March 2012, 00:39   #30
Team-BHP Support

Got the AC installed and running today in the Bolero after 2 and half days of turmoil.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks