Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 21:13   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: BlackPearl goes white - Bolero LX 4x4

Hi BP,
Vak has also fitted an AC in his bolero.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post2750314
I think it would be instructive to compare the two fittings.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 17:54   #62
BHPian

Hi BlackPearl,
I am very much interested in the Bolero 4x4 however can't see any here in showroom or on road, can you post some interior pictures.

Thanks,
Vishal
Thar4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 18:29   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Hi BlackPearl,
I am very much interested in the Bolero 4x4 however can't see any here in showroom or on road, can you post some interior pictures.

Thanks,
Vishal
Hi Vishal, I will take some interior pics and post them here. Is there anything specific that you want to see?
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 18:40   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Hi Vishal, I will take some interior pics and post them here. Is there anything specific that you want to see?

Thanks for reply !

Basically I want to see quality of interior, quality of cushions and seating arrangement (if that is different than other Bolero models). Also what is your families view on long ride comfort.

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 25th April 2012, 19:31   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for reply !

Basically I want to see quality of interior, quality of cushions and seating arrangement (if that is different than other Bolero models). Also what is your families view on long ride comfort.

Thanks,
Vishal

I will take some pics with my mobile tomorrow and post them. I am going on a longish tour tomorrow night and will be back by Tuesday. I will try to post some better pictures then. I have got seat covers with 2 inch foam, so you will not be able to see the original upholstery. They were same as Bolero Di. The seating arangement is same as other Bolero's. There is no central console like the higher end models, so keeping things is a pain. I have no idea about back seat comfort as we have not travelled with anybody occupying the back seats. The ride quality inside the city is very harsh, but on longer drives it not that much painful. The Bolero starts soaking the bumps as the speed builds up. But you cannot compare the ride quality with even the small hatchbacks. The Bolero shines when there are potholes, but gets very bumpy over small undulations. It definitely gets better with load due to the leaf spring setup.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 11:35   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
^^^ How is the Bolero's performance in 4L with the MDI engine. The XD3PU earlier was very torquey at the low RPM band. How about this one?
Any suspension / body lift yet?
The Bolero's performance in 4L is very good. No suspension/body lift yet, but during our recent trip to Sandakphu and Phalut, we felt that a few inches of more GC would help a lot. The differentials are placed quite low and tend to hit the ruts created by the high GC Land Rovers.
Old 28th April 2012, 10:28   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BlackPearl,

Thanks,
Vishal
Vishal Silver jubulie motors M G rd Camp and Kundan Motors at Bhosari Nasik rd are both taking bookings for the Bolero 4x4. But the only model available is the Di turbo 7seater high roof model without A/C and P/S the Lx model is not available. I have booked mine at Kundan motors should get it by end of may you can come and have a look at it when it comes.
whicked wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2012, 13:01   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whicked wheels View Post
Vishal Silver jubulie motors M G rd Camp and Kundan Motors at Bhosari Nasik rd are both taking bookings for the Bolero 4x4. But the only model available is the Di turbo 7seater high roof model without A/C and P/S the Lx model is not available. I have booked mine at Kundan motors should get it by end of may you can come and have a look at it when it comes.

That's gr8 James ! I was so excited when I saw you post here on Vak's Bolero 4x4 thread thread and sent you a message on FB to check if you are James. We are face book friends, please let me know once you get delivery of the vehicle.

Oh no PS how is that? have you checked again as you have already cheated by this sales chaps.

Thanks,
Vishal

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 28th April 2012 at 13:04.
Old 13th May 2012, 22:30   #69
Team-BHP Support

Crossed the 10000 Km mark today. There was a crack in the windshield caused by a stone and got it replaced under insurance. Sorry for not putting up the interior pictures yet. The inside is in a mess, will clean it and put up the pictures. Overall, a very happy 10K ownership.
BlackPearl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 13:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Crossed the 10000 Km mark today. There was a crack in the windshield caused by a stone and got it replaced under insurance. Sorry for not putting up the interior pictures yet. The inside is in a mess, will clean it and put up the pictures. Overall, a very happy 10K ownership.
10K kms in less than 3 months ?!! This will surely end up being a real good long term ownership, highlighting all aspects of this workhorse of a vehicle !
Old 14th May 2012, 13:23   #71
BHPian

Wow , congrats . 10K in such a short time.

My car has done 11K in 2.5 years.
Old 14th May 2012, 18:13   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
10K kms in less than 3 months ?!! This will surely end up being a real good long term ownership, highlighting all aspects of this workhorse of a vehicle !
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
Wow , congrats . 10K in such a short time.

My car has done 11K in 2.5 years.
Thanks shuvc and mitrajdeep, but this was a honeymoon period with 3 trips to North Bengal and adjacent areas. This is not going to happen any longer, maybe some small trips now and then. One big trip is coming up in June/July to Ladakh. Need to settle down after that or I am going to lose my job .

Apart from the lack of power and ride quality, there is nothing to complain about the Bolero. It is unfortunate that this vehicle landed up with an owner who takes it to Sandakphu twice a month . If you look at the terrain, you will understand how well built the car is. Not a single rattle or squeak after such torturous trips.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 21:19   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One big trip is coming up in June/July to Ladakh.
Hi,
Do you know how many other Calcuttans are also going.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 14th May 2012, 23:24   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Do you know how many other Calcuttans are also going.

Regards
Sutripta
Debarshi (tbhp handle debarshim) is going with us in his Pajero. I dont know about any other Calcuttan.
Old 15th May 2012, 20:38   #75
BHPian

Quote:
One big trip is coming up in June/July to Ladakh.
June/July a good time to drive to Ladakh? Lots of water crossings and high chances of slides isn't it? We encountered many even during late July couple of years back. Hope you have planned out your route pretty well. Wish all the best.

Quote:
Need to settle down after that or I am going to lose my job .
Oh darn. What happened to body double? He quit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks