Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 10:43   #16
BHPian

re: Toyota Liva : The Red one comes!(30,000kms update)

Hey Tanveer,
Thanks for the most awaited thread for me. When I saw the first post as 6th March I started wondering how come I missed it and then later realized it was moved from assembly line only yesterday. I followed both of your threads "TD" and "What car" and was awaiting this ownership thread for really long time. I have been in the same confusion for long time now Liva/Micra and hence the thread was eagerly awaited. Thanks for a wonderful report and keep up updated.
BTW did I miss it or you haven't posted your X1 ownership report yet ?
Regards
Sid

Last edited by Safari_Sid : 7th May 2012 at 10:46. Reason: adding signature
Old 7th May 2012, 10:45   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

@TSK: Congrats on the LIVA. Enjoy many more happy miles with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

1) The steering wheel is better than Corolla and even Innova/Fortuner.
Agreed. The steering wheel is chunky and feels nice to hold. Fortuner's steering wheel is a lot thinner

Quote:
2) Space is quite nice. I found out ( strictly my view ) that the rear seat of Liva is more comfortable than Corolla. Etios is also good but with even more space.

3) Shape of boot also helps in actually utilizing the available space.
The space is the USP of both the Etios twins. Suprisingly the boot holds quite a bit of luggage for 251 litres.

Quote:
5) Toyota service is not as good as Maruti. Even with prior booking of service for Innova, I had to wait for 30 mins before I was attended. The first service is not at all required. They actually check a few things and wash the vehicle, give it back to you. Thats it. I am not too happy regarding this. Somehow, I am better attended for a Rs. 4.5 lakh wagon R than a Rs. 15 lakh Innova. The show off thing at service center is what hits me. Its no longer down to earth straight forward thing.
My experience with Toyota A.S.S (Viva Toyota) is exactly opposite of what you may have experienced. They are customer friendly, just go about their job in a very methodical way. Hope it stays that way.

However, the same is not the case with the Maruti or TATA here in Bangalore. RNS motors and BIMAL have been nothing short of a nightmare, there is only sweet talk and no work done absolutely. TATA is atleast a bit better, if you raise your voice atleast they try to do something. But both BIMAL and RNS is worse, nothing works there.
Old 7th May 2012, 11:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats TSK on your purchase. Red color and good looking alloys definitely did wonders to the overall persona of the car. Good write up, as is always the case from you, very unassuming and unbiased.

I recently bought a Figo and Liva was the other contender it won against and primary reason were the interiors and the missing E factor that made me go for Figo.
Old 7th May 2012, 11:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
And thus the relevation. Its not that Toyota service is better than Tata service. Its just that toyota cars are better than Tata cars, so you do not struggle with service. If you got a Toyota which was of same quality as one of our Tata's it would be even more painful.

And my service experience reinforced my belief.
It took more than 40 minutes to attend to us(inspite of prior booking). The service was just an eyewash. Nobody took a TD. And no explanation was given to us about the notchy gear shift.

Maybe I got a no so good workshop. But this is the only one in Noida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

5) Toyota service is not as good as Maruti. Even with prior booking of service for Innova, I had to wait for 30 mins before I was attended. The first service is not at all required. They actually check a few things and wash the vehicle, give it back to you. Thats it. I am not too happy regarding this. Somehow, I am better attended for a Rs. 4.5 lakh wagon R than a Rs. 15 lakh Innova.
The show off thing at service center is what hits me. Its no longer down to earth straight forward thing.

Congratulations Tanveer. Red looks the best on Liva.

Your observation about the service quality is spot on. This exactly i have been screaming in ownership thread of my Fortuner. Its only that Toyota cars are better engineered and manufactured than Tata and hence service issues are less. Otherwise their workshops are no better than Tata's might be even worse. Everytime i go for a service its been an eyeopener.

aaggoswami

I have the same experience. My experience with other two Japs, Honda and Maruti, since last 8 years of owning the City and Zen has been brilliant.
Old 7th May 2012, 12:03   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Sid View Post
Hey Tanveer,
Thanks for the most awaited thread for me. When I saw the first post as 6th March I started wondering how come I missed it and then later realized it was moved from assembly line only yesterday. I followed both of your threads "TD" and "What car" and was awaiting this ownership thread for really long time. I have been in the same confusion for long time now Liva/Micra and hence the thread was eagerly awaited. Thanks for a wonderful report and keep up updated.
BTW did I miss it or you haven't posted your X1 ownership report yet ?
Regards
Sid
X1...? I never bought an X1. The other car is a white safari 4x4. X1 is way way way out of my budget
And since we already have one car, our other vehicle would always be a SUV, and without a 4x4, a SUV is not a SUV, but just a car on stilts.
Old 7th May 2012, 13:53   #21
Team-BHP Support

Good one Tanveer. Was waiting for your review.

Might I suggest a solution to the super bright white instrument cluster. The answer is Sunfilm

You can put a sunfilm of 35% or so on the plastic dash and it will work during day and night.

Hopefully Delhi cops allow you to do this.
Old 7th May 2012, 14:01   #22
Team-BHP Support

Even I thought of the same.
However, I am trying to source that tail light blackening spray can.
If I don't get used to this sun, I will go for that.
Old 7th May 2012, 15:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

tsk1979: Thanks for the very honest review. Not many owners are willing to put their personal cars to such criticism. In fact we have witnessed quite a few hostile situations on the forum itself where owners mistake their car as their honour!

I loved your little susprising twists, like 'There is one reverse light. If there had been two, I would have fainted from the shock.' Such sudden unexpected twists, it kept me glued to the review
Old 7th May 2012, 15:19   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even I thought of the same.
However, I am trying to source that tail light blackening spray can.
If I don't get used to this sun, I will go for that.
That spray will be too dark. The sunfilm will be better since it's supposed not to hamper visibility.

I'm sure you will easily get a small strip from nearby accessory shop which he was throwing away from the leftover of another car.
Old 7th May 2012, 15:21   #25
Team-BHP Support

Will a removed sunfilm stick properly again ?
Old 7th May 2012, 15:26   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Will a removed sunfilm stick properly again ?
Nope. Once you peel off a film it needs to be thrown.

I'm suggesting to tanveer to put a new film. Before they apply the film they cut out the extra bit and throw that away. Those extra bits are unused.
Old 7th May 2012, 17:32   #27
BHPian

Quote:
X1...? I never bought an X1. The other car is a white safari 4x4. X1 is way way way out of my budget
And since we already have one car, our other vehicle would always be a SUV, and without a 4x4, a SUV is not a SUV, but just a car on stilts.
Well everyone knows about you White Elephant and the amazing travelogues. Completely agree with SUV without 4X4 is not a SUV.(Though I own Safari LX-4X2 in black avatar)
I cant find the right adjectives now to describe your writing and shooting(pics) skills .

Sorry for the X1 confusion. But the source was ->
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post2556948

Regards
Sid
Old 7th May 2012, 18:27   #28
BHPian

Congratulations TSK1979, that's a good value for money car you got yourself and that too in 'red'! Happy motoring.
Old 8th May 2012, 17:53   #29
BHPian

Long-awaited review. Brilliant, hilarious, covering several minute details and may I say, somewhat self-deprecatory.

And I loved this remark of yours...
Quote:
Nobody would have needed to buy anything else. But sadly,...
Really captures the whole essence of the car. Brilliant fundamentals, poor grooming. Heck, I would have happily paid 1 lac more for my Etios if it came better dressed.

One small query. Do the front/rear/side glasses of your Liva 2012 have stock tint? (My Etios 2011 came without tints.) Couple of friends interested in Liva are concerned about this part in the wake of recent SC judgment banning sunfilms. Since different dealers are telling different story on this, will appreciate your feedback before we can go to the showroom and see the stock car in flesh.

Oh, lest I forget, hearty congratulations on your scooter under a car hood and do drive safe!

EDIT: P.S. I've had excellent experience with Uttam Toyota Noida. Of course, they hardly do anything during first service, but isn't that more of industry norm than exception? Staff behaviour and customer service has been quite good in my experience.

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 8th May 2012 at 17:58.
Old 8th May 2012, 18:15   #30
Team-BHP Support

I don't think that the glasses are tinted. Indica side windows have a noticeable tint, but I am not so sure about the liva.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks