Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 17:44   #91
BHPian

re: Toyota Liva : The Red one comes!(30,000kms update)

Hey tsk1979,

Thank you for the honest post on Liva! You have a flair for writing! Loved you post!
Old 9th July 2013, 17:53   #92
Team-BHP Support

Update on my complaint

I got a call from the service center.
They apologized about not doing alignment, and actually agreed with me that though not doing balancing is justified, not doing alignment is not, since outside alloy wheels will not mean anything as far as alignment is concerned.
So they were sorry for the inconvenience caused.

So they are going to pick up the car from my place. Get it washed, rechecked, and also get the alignment done, all free of cost.

Now this is what I call service.
Not once did the guy even try to argue on Outside alloy wheels fitted warranty angle thing. He simple agreed with me that wheel alignment should have been done, and its their fault.

It reaffirms my faith, that I did not take a bad decision while sacrificing features for peace of mind.

I remember when my safari was less than 1 year old, done less than 20,000 kms I had to really haggle for getting warranty on problems I had been reporting since the car was 6 months old (engine rpm speed etc,.) In the end Okhla Tata service center sneaked in a 250rs labor charge for a problem which was not rectified after multiple visits. I had to involve the regional NCR head for Tata service, and also write stinkers to the entire top management of Tata.
Here I donīt even know whats the name of the customer service head of the workshop!!

All in all, I am giving an A+ recommendation to Uttam Toyota, and the power of the Toyota feedback system.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 9th July 2013 at 17:55.
tsk1979 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 21:45   #93
BANNED

Re: 20000kms and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If you want a quieter fast cruiser, check out i20. I did not like the potential service costs(as reported by fellow owners)
Exactly this is the point that makes me go away from Hyundai! Have a lot of friends and are angry with Hyundai for the service bills they have to pay.

Hyundai is out anyway. Looks like have to stick with the Swift or Ritz ZDi variants.

Thanks for the help. Will PM you if need further help on the Liva diesel.

Cheers,
Anurag.
Old 10th July 2013, 22:00   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Hi Tanveer,

I'm in the market for a replacement for my Ritz VDi that is now at 94000 kms in 2.6 years and have started to search for the change. Wanted to go in for the Liva diesel variant since my daily driving is 116 kms.

Apart from the interiors which is a big negative point rest seems fine. Since you are a user wanted an opinion.

But reading the last part of the review I'm skeptical. Is this car advisable?

Cheers,
Anurag.
I own a Liva GD and also the new gen swift. They both belong to the same segment but are class apart. Since you have mentioned you drive 116kms daily, then don't you want a good car with at least decent interiors? Take a test drive of the swift and then the Liva, I bet you would never want to get into The Liva again. It's one of the worst hatchbacks around with high engine noise levels getting into the cabin and flimsy body. (No offense to Liva owners and i am myself an owner). Only thing is its a no nonsense car and its backed by the Toyota reputation which has taken Indians for granted! My opinion is - Stay away from Liva. Even resale value is poor when compared to other cars in its class.
zwift1819 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 22:09   #95
Team-BHP Support

Guys this is tsk1979's ownership thread for the Liva.

Please continue your "What Car" discussion in an appropriate thread.

Thanks.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 09:52   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Only thing is its a no nonsense car and its backed by the Toyota reputation which has taken Indians for granted! My opinion is - Stay away from Liva. Even resale value is poor when compared to other cars in its class.
That is precisely why TSK got himself a Toyota. Not that others can't, but ratio of reliability is quite skewed in favor of Toyota & not without reasons.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 12:08   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
That is precisely why TSK got himself a Toyota. Not that others can't, but ratio of reliability is quite skewed in favor of Toyota & not without reasons.
+1 to this. I've been using my Etios for 36,000 kms, it has given me hassle free performance in the pot holed roads of Kerala even with my aggressive driving style. I'm an X-Maruti user and I can be sure that some of the hits the car has taken on the deep pot holes, I would have visited the Maruti service centers many a times. With the Etios, the service center visit comes just every 10,000 kms.

The maintenance cost is the lowest as well ( by a long margin ).

And it's not just the reliability factor that I love about the Etios, it's about the practicality, ergonomics and basic things like braking. You lose out on interior beauty. But, you gain a lot as well. Toyota service has pampered me to such an extent that I will probably not buy any other brand again. They recalled the car and replaced the suspensions, transmission oil plug all under warranty. The pro-activeness that I see with these people is unmatched.
amalji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 17:53   #98
Team-BHP Support

30,000kms service

Got the service done.
Problem reported : smell in cabin
AC cleaner filter was due for replacement : replaced

Paid 7300 for 30,000 and 40,000kms service under "Smile Package".

Cost of Smile Package is higher than cost of 2 services by 150rs
But if I get brake pads at next service then I would save on labor.

Brake pads have 5.5mm depth still left, inspite of primary servicing.

After service
Engine oil, oil filter and drain plug replaced. Some other small plug thing replaced under warranty.
Suspension bushes greased for free(part of service)

Car does not run smoother. It runs just the same boring way as the way it ran when its new.

Its sill noisy, boring, and gives me 15-16kmpl city and 19-20 on highway.

No excitement, nothing. just the same old boring stuff. I dunno what to update except one nasty surprise

Brake oil cap
When I went into service the brake oil reservoir cap was missing. Did uttam toyota guys steal it at 20K service or did it fall off
Replacement cap not available. Have to scour local markets.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 12:14   #99
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Liva : The Red one comes!(30,000kms update)

I was just going through my safari records.
The Liva has done 30,000kms in little over 2 years.
The Safari did this in less than 1.5 years.

That said, the liva has gone to the service center 4 times in 30,000kms for scheduled services.

The Safari went to the service center about 25 times in 30,000kms (apart from scheduled services).

When I put down numbers like this, its quite "astounding".
tsk1979 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 22:25   #100
BHPian

Awesome review - hilarious and informative too. Thanks a lot. I am looking to buy a hatchback myself and Liva is among the top contenders. A plain looking/boring car with strong fundamentals and high reliability appeals to me more than exciting cars which may be difficult /expensive to maintain. Basically I am looking for a "wife material" than a "girlfriend material" kind of car.
Old 24th February 2015, 02:07   #101
BHPian

Hey Tanveer! Very reassuring thread as I am in the market for a diesel hatch for my dad. After some unhappy Mahindra ownership and hearing rants from friends and fellow members about almost all other brands, I guess its only the Liva that fits the bill. All I want is a no nonsense plain jane diesel car that delivers what's it meant to be. Liva GD in spite of lack of so many basic features still appeals overall. Also after the recent facelift, they have improved the overall interior quality and its much better now. Inclusion of the tacho is another plus.

Hopefully will be taking delivery of a Vermillion Red Liva GD within March first week.

Regards
Vinay
Old 24th February 2015, 10:33   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Hey Tanveer! Very reassuring thread as I am in the market for a diesel hatch for my dad. After some unhappy Mahindra ownership and hearing rants from friends and fellow members about almost all other brands, I guess its only the Liva that fits the bill. All I want is a no nonsense plain jane diesel car that delivers what's it meant to be. Liva GD in spite of lack of so many basic features still appeals overall. Also after the recent facelift, they have improved the overall interior quality and its much better now. Inclusion of the tacho is another plus.

Hopefully will be taking delivery of a Vermillion Red Liva GD within March first week.

Regards
Vinay
You will be pleasantly surprised with the new Liva. It's not that boring anymore. The cabin noise is all gone, there is a facelift in the interior look with black and beige theme. The car comes with driver seat adjustment, neck rest adjustment and is loaded with dual airbags in all models.

The centre console still remains, but the white garish speedo looks better with soothing blue colour.

And the reliability remains like it was.

I am on a Liva for the past two and half years, done 40K km mostly in city. Have always got between 17-18 km/l in city and between 22-23 km/l on the highways.

I don't regret buying a Liva.
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 10:48   #103
Team-BHP Support

If you plug in a device which pulls more than 20A or something in the lighter socket, it blows a fuse Just like it would in any other car.
But you have to dismantle the damn center console to change a fuse. Yes, dismantle the center console.
What sort of weird design is that?
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:30   #104
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Wanted to check with the Rattle issues with the Liva. I have a Petrol 2011 Liva with about 36K on the clock. I have multiple rattles from the rear. The trims beside the rear seat rattle. Also, after seat cover install, the rear bench seems to be bouncing around a bit. To add to that SA told me that the rear shocks are busted too. So in all the rear is now turning out to be a nuisance. The shocks are making the back of the car bounce around almost feels like the springs are made out of wood. And this is just making the rattling worse.

Wanted to check with you guys :
1. Do you guys face rattles at the rear ?
2. Shocks go bust at 32k km ?
3. My front left shocker was replaced under warranty earlier, no matter what I tried the SA was not ready to replace both. He even convinced me not to replace the right shock at my own cost. Now as far as I know a brand new Strut and a 30K old strut wont work alike, Isn't this true ? Should I just replace all 4 struts when i decide to replace the rear ones ?
4. Does 3M under-body coating reduce road noise ? I see mixed reviews in the forum. Will the coat the the wheel well as well ? As of now, My Liva sounds like a Boeing 747 taking off at speeds over 100.
5. The Idle RPM is fluctuating a bit, the SA conveniently brushed it away as normal. Now am out of warranty, any one else here experienced this ? even the ECU reset is an expensive affair at Toyota! I am just hoping they dont ask for a replacement. *Note : The fluctuations fade away when a/c is on.

Awaiting responses from fellow owners
Old 3rd March 2015, 21:56   #105
BHPian

Great post, I enjoyed every reading every bit. Wish you a million safe miles in the Liva.
Toyota vehicles are extremely reliable. I have never come across a dissatisfied Toyota Liva/Etios owner. Infact, the Liva and Etios Diesel engine is the same as the Corolla Engine without a Variable Geometry Turbo-charger.

The Liva and Etios petrols are equally good engines. But why does the Etios 1.5 litre petrol make so much sound like a Diesel car while starting?

It reminds me of the Ritz Petrol starting sound.
And even the Base Model Etios Liva Diesel comes with ABS and EBD. It makes the Diesel Etios Liva a costly offering.

Most Viewed

Copyright Đ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks