Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2013, 21:53   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: 10,000kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by automachine View Post
I read another post for the suspension issue on different site: http://www.indiagarage.com/thread16381.html. The person mentions that the except for top end models Vx and VxD, the rest of the Etios and Liva do not come with Anti sway/anti roll bar. Is this true? Also any information if the replacement shocker also involves adding anti roll bar?
No roll bars added. Only the front shocks replaced with newer version. I am not aware whether there is an anti roll bar in the Liva. However, body roll is very well in control.
Old 28th January 2013, 12:24   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
For 1. Toyota has come out with a new shocker design. These are stiffer. So problem solved
For 2. They said they will put in stiffer Etios springs and new sleeve(under warranty)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
I also got a call from the service centre for the solution of suspension noise. I am yet to take my car, as it is now 1200 km old and just back from 1st 1000 km service.
I didn't get any call from the Toyota Service centre on the suspension noise issue. My car also goes "Thud" when hitting a pothole.

So, I called up Topsel Toyota in Kolkata and found that Toyota is replacing the front suspension only to certain cars with specific chassis numbers. My car doesn't fall under the list and hence they didn't call me.

However, typical Toyota style, they assured me that if I bring the car to the workshop, they'll inspect the front suspension and will replace it if they find it necessary.

I am a bit confused now, I thought all Etios/Liva cars were getting a free suspension replacement.
Old 28th January 2013, 12:31   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
I didn't get any call from the Toyota Service centre on the suspension noise issue. My car also goes "Thud" when hitting a pothole.

So, I called up Topsel Toyota in Kolkata and found that Toyota is replacing the front suspension only to certain cars with specific chassis numbers. My car doesn't fall under the list and hence they didn't call me.

However, typical Toyota style, they assured me that if I bring the car to the workshop, they'll inspect the front suspension and will replace it if they find it necessary.

I am a bit confused now, I thought all Etios/Liva cars were getting a free suspension replacement.
Not everybody is going for this treatment. Only those who want it. The Liva front suspension(older) is soft. So you get this thud sound when shock travel hits the limit of extension. With the new design, this will go away, but ride will get harsher, esp at low speeds. You can go to the service center, and tell them there is a noise. They will replace the front suspension under warranty.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 13:11   #64
BHPian

Quote:
They are calling only those people who have complained. I complained to Toyota right after the vehicle purchase that front suspension makes noise. The sales advisor assured during the purchase that post Sept, 2012 manufactured Liva does not have this suspension noise problem. And mine is Oct, 2012 manufactured car.

My car has now has done 2400 km in last 2 months. The car is running smooth with 17+ km/litre efficiency in city runs. The body roll is controlled, but expected a little more composure at 60+ km/hr speeds. So, I am planning to shift to stiffer new suspension. I am also planning to go for stiffer springs from Etios at the back for making the back benchers a better composure.
Old 29th January 2013, 11:21   #65
BHPian

Quote:
They are calling only those people who have complained. I complained to Toyota right after the vehicle purchase that front suspension makes noise. The sales advisor assured during the purchase that post Sept, 2012 manufactured Liva does not have this suspension noise problem. And mine is Oct, 2012 manufactured car.
Thanks @Sups and @tsk. Despite the "thud" sound, I find the smooth suspension of Toyota a real pleasure. Most of the time I'll be running within city limits, so do I need a stiffer suspension? Or should I live with what I have got? The shocker hitting the stopper apparently is not a major issue (excepting for the sound) and doesn't harm the car anyway. I am in two minds frankly.
Old 31st January 2013, 08:04   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks @Sups and @tsk. Despite the "thud" sound, I find the smooth suspension of Toyota a real pleasure. Most of the time I'll be running within city limits, so do I need a stiffer suspension? Or should I live with what I have got? The shocker hitting the stopper apparently is not a major issue (excepting for the sound) and doesn't harm the car anyway. I am in two minds frankly.
I tried driving a liva with the new suspension setup. The ride didn't feel harsh. So, I've ordered the new suspensions from Toyota. They asked me to wait till February end since the spare has to be procured.
Old 31st January 2013, 09:22   #67
BHPian

re: Toyota Liva : The Red one comes!(30,000kms update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I tried driving a liva with the new suspension setup. The ride didn't feel harsh. So, I've ordered the new suspensions from Toyota. They asked me to wait till February end since the spare has to be procured.
Thats a great news. Did you notice anything positive with the new suspension?
Old 31st January 2013, 10:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats a great news. Did you notice anything positive with the new suspension?
At higher speeds, the car does feel more composed as @tsk mentioned. I'm not going for the rear suspension mod since I do not want to raise the rear any further.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 20:24   #69
BHPian

Bought Liva GD last Dec, and within a couple of hundred kms found the "thud" issue.. it was really severe meaning i could feel that pass right through the steering and through my hands!! Not sure if any of you folks had the same experience.

However today went for the 1st service and told them about the issue. Went for a test drive to check, and they agreed to replace under warranty. So yes.. as some you have mentioned.. this change is done only when if you ask for it!! Personally I felt they should be proactive in asking customers if they need this change.
Old 14th March 2013, 19:19   #70
Team-BHP Support

14000 done

After the 10,000kms service, a lot of highway driving saw the 14000km mark approaching.
The car is a delight to drive, hence against all common sense, we decided to take her to see snowfall. It snowed a quite a bit heavier than expected, closing some roads, and making others difficult to navigate, but there is nothing some nylon rope used as snow chains can fix.
One thing I discovered. On ice, hard braking causes ABS to make a lot of noise. Have seen this in all ABS cars I have driven, but Liva is louder. But then, everything in Liva is louder.
That said, handling on the mountains is a delight.
Last but not the least, trip expenses have crashed due to the 24 highway mileage, and 20+ even with city and mountain roads thrown in.
Some pics
Toyota Liva : The Red one comes!(30,000kms update)-dsc_dsc_9825_lrl.jpg

Toyota Liva : The Red one comes!(30,000kms update)-dsc_dsc_9829_lrl.jpg

Toyota Liva : The Red one comes!(30,000kms update)-dsc_dsc_9831_lrl.jpg

Nothing else to update. Unlike my other thread, I do not have to write tragic epics here. Just smiles. Heck, even the snowman was smiling.

Toyota Liva : The Red one comes!(30,000kms update)-dsc_dsc_9810_lrl.jpg

Some more observations, since a year has passed since our purchase.
1. Its like a jeep. you hear everything what happens outside
2. Speakers are really lousy. Sure my HU is the cheapest JBL, but the speakers take the cake. I think Toyota bargained for 2rs/piece price.
3. Ever since the suspension job, handling is truly delightful, esp on the mountain roads
4. I liked the headlights initially, but after a night drive in a Micra, they same positively horrendous.
5. Sitting in Micra gives me buyers remorse. But the fact that I only went to service center once a year, fixes that

Thats all for now!
tsk1979 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 21:32   #71
Senior - BHPian

Re: 14000 done

Quote:
we decided to take her to see snowfall. It snowed a quite a bit heavier than expected, closing some roads, and making others difficult to navigate, but there is nothing some nylon rope used as snow chains can fix.
Dream evoking pictures. Loved the third one. You had not mentioned where exactly you took the red one. Pardon me if you had mentioned earlier; I have not been a regular lurker on this thread, the above pictures did me in. What is with the nylon rope snow chain? I'm interested to view those as these are not things that we get to see in every other car snap or even an ordinary snap; can you please share a picture if you got. FE is outstanding.
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 22:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After the 10,000kms service, a lot of highway driving saw the 14000km mark approaching.
The car is a delight to drive, hence against all common sense, we decided to take her to see snowfall. It snowed a quite a bit heavier than expected, closing some roads, and making others difficult to navigate, but there is nothing some nylon rope used as snow chains can fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
What is with the nylon rope snow chain? I'm interested to view those as these are not things that we get to see in every other car snap or even an ordinary snap; can you please share a picture if you got.
+1. I'm also very eager to see the pics of the nylon rope.

Quote:
But then, everything in Liva is louder.
1. Its like a jeep. you hear everything what happens outside
NVH on the new 2013 model Liva Diesel has improved a lot. Check out the following posts.

Video review - NVH on idle comparison ( old model vs 2013 model )

Video review - NVH on running comparison ( old model vs 2013 model )

Pictures showing hydraulic mount and extra noise damping on the new Liva

If you get any info regarding retro fitting the required accessories to control NVH even on the old model, do let me know. I'll also keep you updated, if I get any info.

Quote:
Some pics
Only one word - Jealous!

Quote:
3. Ever since the suspension job, handling is truly delightful, esp on the mountain roads
Thanks to you, I've also changed my suspensions. The new suspensions are a delight.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 22:57   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Dream evoking pictures. Loved the third one. You had not mentioned where exactly you took the red one. Pardon me if you had mentioned earlier; I have not been a regular lurker on this thread, the above pictures did me in. What is with the nylon rope snow chain? I'm interested to view those as these are not things that we get to see in every other car snap or even an ordinary snap; can you please share a picture if you got. FE is outstanding.
Will post a pic. You wrap nylon rope around the tire if you have alloy wheels. Will do a video. As for destination, its Narkanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
If you get any info regarding retro fitting the required accessories to control NVH even on the old model, do let me know. I'll also keep you updated, if I get any info.
Sure, will do. BTW I heard Toyota is giving a car free if you buy a liva. The free car within 4-5L will be given after 4 years of purchase.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 23:06   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Breathtaking pics which even make the Liva look pretty like anything. Specially the contrast of your car's colour with the white snow all around. Do post some more pics if you clicked any. The destination has just been added in the "to do" list.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 10:00   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Sitting in Micra gives me buyers remorse. But the fact that I only went to service center once a year, fixes that
Can you please elaborate on that? Yes, Micra's NVH and interiors are much better. Any other shortcomings?

Quote:
BTW I heard Toyota is giving a car free if you buy a liva. The free car within 4-5L will be given after 4 years of purchase.
This is a news. I am not aware of this. Is toyota going in a skoda rapid way? If it is true, I am really repenting now for buying the car in last november and for not waiting for a few months.

On the car hand, after the suspension change, my liva is simply a better car to drive.

Amazing pics, its great to see that you have so much trust on the cheapest toyota to take it to such places.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks