Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2014, 22:35   #526
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I saw a Q3 2.0 TDI on the road today; he was in the lane adjacent to mine. From the outside, it looked surprisingly small, smaller than my T-Jet, and I felt it would be cramped inside. Your photos and write-up confirmed that!
One is paying such a humungous price for 'luxury' branding, and next to nothing else. I find the VW group to be the world's most dishonest in the abuse of the sort of gap between brand image and actual content/substance that you've brought out here.

In any case I am bewildered by the prestigious image Audi enjoys in India (and China): I get the heritage value of Mercedes, I get the sporty 'ultimate driving machine' of BMW, likewise for Jaguar, Land Rover, Maserati, Volvo, Jeep, Porsche, Cadillac... i cannot quite figure out what it is that makes sensible people pay such an exorbitant premium for Audi-s.
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 09:43   #527
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 2013 2.0L TDI Quattro 6 speed DSG Premium+ variant Vs Skoda Superb 2012 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Audi Q3 2013 2.0L TDI Quattro 6 speed DSG Premium+ variant Vs Skoda Superb 2012 1.8TSI MT Elegance variant

But I could not fold the outer mirrors of the Q3 by the long press of the lock button on the remote like I could on the Superb. A simple premium feature available even on the Laura missing on the Q3 topmost variant or am I missing something?!!!
You are right. You can't close the ORVMs by long press of lock button on the key fob. Instead, it is programmable in the HU under mirror settings, to close the ORVMs automatically when the car is locked. Even my Octavia has the same setting. Previous generation models like the Laura, Superb, Jetta (A6 pre-facelift) all had external mirror closing aided by the key fob only.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 16:29   #528
Senior - BHPian

The local Skoda dealer in Meerut, M/s C&T Motors, has SHUT SHOP and taken Fiat dealership in that premises!!! Now what's to become of the Skoda owners in Meerut? We may have to travel 50kms to Noida to get our cars serviced. I have written to the MD as well as customer care but I have yet to receive their reply.

The car on the other hand is driving like a dream. Perfect. Now to get over this dealership shock!
Old 4th July 2014, 21:22   #529
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The local Skoda dealer in Meerut, M/s C&T Motors, has SHUT SHOP and taken Fiat dealership in that premises!!! Now what's to become of the Skoda owners in Meerut? We may have to travel 50kms to Noida to get our cars serviced. I have written to the MD as well as customer care but I have yet to receive their reply.

The car on the other hand is driving like a dream. Perfect. Now to get over this dealership shock!
You are not alone my friend, I am in the same boat as you, but some distance apart.

I got the Yeti from Siliguri & paid higher taxes of West Bengal (wrt Bihar) just because Siliguri is near to my place.

Now, Siliguri's showroom was shut 6 months after the sale & now they have shut the ASC. No one at Skoda has an answer to why...?

They are only saying that we would tie up with a multi-garage & provide service. BS.

But, in my case its the nexus of Jia Motors at work. Skoda foolishly/intelligently chose Jia as their sole representative for West Bengal. Now, its the customer who is paying the price, Been hearing Jia would be the dealer for Guwahati as well

EDIT: 50kms only? Siliguri is 170, Patna is 325 with the worst traffic you will encounter from the outskirts.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th July 2014 at 21:35.
Old 17th August 2014, 23:01   #530

Quote:
The spray used by the Skoda dealership is quite different from the normal silicon sprays available in the market. It was a heavy duty lubricant spray costing about 650/- for a can, and though it was silicon based, the spray that came out was quite sticky. It clung to any surface in a semi-permanent fashion and could only be removed by a very hard wipe. Since using that spray all the squeaks in my car have vanished especially from the parcel tray. They have also lubricated all the doors and locks of the boot etc. So look for a heavy duty lubricant spray to end your woes.
Hi Dheeraj,

After a recent interior detailing session there is an irritating squeak from the rear seat and would want to try the heavy-duty spray that you have mentioned above. Can you suggest the brand and/or an alternative product that i can buy locally.

I've done 36,000 kms. on my Superb so far and it still runs like a dream. Just fitted the Michelin Primacy ST3 205/60 R16, instead of the stock 205/55 R16 and they are really good. Just in case you want to change the rubber on your car.

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th August 2014, 12:09   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyance View Post
Can you suggest the brand and/or an alternative product that i can buy locally.
You can ask for any good brand Silicon Spray for lubrication at hardware shops and if it is marked heavy duty the better. Or you can also try WD 40 spray. Nice to know your Superb's running trouble free like mine. I ma just worried about getting future service done as my local Skoda dealer has shut shop. Will keep your suggestion about the tyres handy as and when required.
Old 18th August 2014, 16:01   #532
BHPian

Quote:
I ma just worried about getting future service done as my local Skoda dealer has shut shop.
I have heard that Nawab Motors, Noida is pretty good, many of my friends recommended it. I am from Bareilly and my Superb was serviced at C&T Motors, Meerut until it was changed to Fiat.

I recommend you get your ride serviced at Skoda only cause they keep a record. Recently my 7DSG started jerking during shifts, I contacted Nawab Motors, they told me that if it's mechatronics fault, it would be replaced under warranty for free provided my service schedule was up to date.
So if you have any problems in future(I greatly wish you don't) then your up to date service schedule will benefit you.

And for the tyre size I am also using 205/60 R16. 55 profile sidewall is quite low for a car this heavy. Go for it if you are thinking of changing tyres.

Last edited by noopster : 18th August 2014 at 16:28. Reason: Fixed quote tag
dr.kushagra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 00:13   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.kushagra View Post
Recently my 7DSG started jerking during shifts, I contacted Nawab Motors, they told me that if it's mechatronics fault, it would be replaced under warranty for free provided my service schedule was up to date.
Did you get your gear oil changed from synthetic to mineral?
Old 24th August 2014, 12:38   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.kushagra View Post
Recently my 7DSG started jerking during shifts, I contacted Nawab Motors, they told me that if it's mechatronics fault, it would be replaced under warranty for free provided my service schedule was up to date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Yes, that is what Skoda now says fixed the 7 DSG issue -

Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-7-dsg-fixed.jpg

Thank God I drive the brilliant 6 speed manual which is a dream.
Old 24th August 2014, 14:43   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
No, I didn't. Last time I went for service the service guy there didn't know a thing about it, so I thought it's better not to let him mess up with the gearbox (it's quite complicated).

I have thought of getting it done but the main problem is the nearest Skoda workshop is 240kms away from my city and I don't trust my driver with my Superb (he has damaged WagonR and ambulance quite a number of times).
Old 30th January 2015, 16:46   #536
Senior - BHPian

With nearly 3 years approaching the car has just about completed the 19k kms mark -

Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-3001201519325-kms_1.jpg

Everything is as good as new even after 3 years of ownership. That's German engineering.
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-3001201519325-kms_2.jpg

The Superb 1.8TSI 6 speed MT is just a pleasure to drive every day. The car has ZERO issues. It drank just about 100-200ml oil in the last 5k kms.
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-3001201519325-kms_3.jpg

Looking SUPERB... lolz
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-3001201519325-kms_4.jpg

Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-3001201519325-kms_5.jpg

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 16:30   #537
Senior - BHPian

25-03-2015 - 19,751kms on the Odo, 3rd Anniversary

Today the Superb completes 3 years of fantastic trouble free ownership. Still haven't been able to push it past the 20k mark, lolz.

Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-25032015_3-years-completed_3.jpg

The car's still as new as ever. German engineering at its best. Giving double the pleasure and value albeit without the snob value of the Audis etc.

Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-25032015_3-years-completed_1.jpg

Cheers....

Last edited by dkaile : 25th March 2015 at 16:31.
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 20:31   #538
Senior - BHPian

My passenger side wiper seems to be coming to the end of its service life. Came across this handy video to change them -

Checked the Skoda service cost calculator on their website and found that a set of wipers is around 1700 bucks. Quite reasonable I would say.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 17:30   #539
Senior - BHPian

Hmmmm. It took me over an hour to go over the 36 pages. First, hats off to your love for the car. Skoda should appoint you Brand Ambassador for the Petrol Superb, given the praise you've heaped on the car and the research done. A quality thread is one which provides as much information as it entertains the reader. Yours comes trumps on both counts. The video on the manufacturing of Superb was too good, and the Indian videos funny as hell. Thank you, please keep updating this.

No offence meant, but finishing your thread induces a strong sense of Deja Vu too . I recollect about 6 instances of the car being photographed at exactly the same location (your drive-in) with a set of same pics. Back, front, dashboard and instrument console. About 4 pics of the car standing in front of McD Gajraula. And (at every service) a pic of Castrol Magnatec Professional, the set of filters, and the car getting cleaned. Atleast don't repeat the service and McD pictures again. We get the point .

I also have some information to ask of you. A close friend wants to buy a used Superb. I recommended him Petrol (given that it will be his weekend/social occasion car) and the MT (given the famous DSG reliability issues). He has found a car, a 2010 model (first owner) with low mileage and the dealer is asking for 9L. He wants me to accompany him in checking out the car. Do you recommend any specific trait we should check out? Also, given that it is a 5 year old car, any major warranty/service replacement costs that we should be aware of?

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 9th May 2015 at 17:37.
Old 4th June 2015, 14:43   #540
Senior - BHPian

20974 kms @ 04-06-2015

Had a small mishap. Had gone to a late night party and someone stole BOTH the Headlight Washers Chrome Covers from the car!!
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-2_headlight-washer-cover-stolen_2.jpg

The car looks really ugly without these! It seems a well greased racket was running behind this. As my local dealership had shut shop, I went to the flea market and there they were demanding 2.5K for each cover!!
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-1_headlight-washer-cover-stolen_1.jpg

Approached the assigned dealership at Noida M/s Nawab Motors and they gave me the story to bring the car to the dealership to get this small part changed. Finally my brother bought it from their Okhla dealership.
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-3_new-headlight-washer-covers-.jpg

Total damages were just 1534/- for the pair
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-4_new-headlight-washer-covers-1534rs-bill-.jpg

Attached it back
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-5_new-headlight-washer-covers-attached_1-.jpg

The car is back to its pristine glory
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-6_new-headlight-washer-covers-attached_12.jpg

As the passenger side wiper was also working up, picked that up too. But the dealership insisted on selling it in pairs even though my driver side wiper was perfectly fine. Need to send a email about this to their HQ. Lolz...
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-7_new-wipers_1-.jpg

All 'Made in Belgium' stuff. Kept the driver side wiper in reserve and attached the passeenger side one as per the video I had posted earlier. 2 minute job (not the Maggi kind... lolz).
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-8_new-wipers_2-.jpg

Total damages for these were Rs. 3941/-
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-9_new-wipers-3941rs-.jpg

The car's at 20974kms on the odo today and running just fine. I do seem to hear a squeal from some rubber bushes on a full steering turn but that's a story for another day. The A/C needs a special mention and it chills me to the bone in this sweltering summer heat even 3 years down the line.
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-10_20974-kms-04062015.jpg

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 4th June 2015 at 14:45.
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed