Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2012, 10:48   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I was looking more in to gathering workshop manuals and other stuff. How do we source these ?
Did you gather the workshop manuals for T FORT and Superb ?

Can we really make use of these ? I have never seen one, hence the question.
I have not sourced the workshop manuals till date but they are easily available on internet or ebay for sale at quite low costs.

Well, to really make use of it, you should be slightly technically inclined. It all depends upon your interest level and there is no harm in keeping them as standby so that no service engineer or mechanic can misguide you when you approach them to get a certain technical work done apart from the routine servicing, oil/filter change type of work.
Old 5th May 2012, 11:29   #182
Senior - BHPian

Could not agree more , i do recall trying to find out online about what it really was shortly before picking up the car and i did get some information but not as clear cut as what you have put down. Best to be learn as much as one can about your own car irrespective of SA's being good or bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
T

Well we all know the training and knowledge levels of SA's in most of the car showrooms. It includes all that Skoda has mentioned in its website including bespoke shock absorbers.
Old 16th May 2012, 20:30   #183
Senior - BHPian

How to add Video Support (x3) + Reverse Camera + RGB Input to your Bolero/RCD510 Stereo - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2779402
Old 22nd May 2012, 18:40   #184
Senior - BHPian

So had another fine run to Haldwani from Meerut and return to get the High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) installed and fetch the original RC (which they were not handing over without installation of the HSRP's). Total run was 495 kms. Petrol filled was 44 liters on tank to tank basis on return. Mileage returned was 11.25kmpl as I had quite a few enthusiastic runs on the expressway. I could never achieve these speeds on the Fortuner on the same highway maybe due to its slightly bumpy highway ride. The Superb felt much more planted. On a static 100kmph the car should easily return in excess of 12kmpl.

I call this side profile 'The Limousine View'.
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-hsrp-side-limousine.jpg

The Front view with the plate
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-hsrp-front-view.jpg

The Front HSRP close-up
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-hsrp-front-plate.jpg

The Rear view with the plate
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-hsrp-back-view.jpg

The Rear HSRP close-up
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-hsrp-back-plate.jpg

The security hologram sticker stuck on the front windshield
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-hsrp-sticker.jpg

The side profile view
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-hsrp-side-profile.jpg

Total job of HSRP installation took less than 10 minutes. They were fitted in the existing screw mounts BUT as the security rippet was of a larger diameter, the holes had to be enlarged by a drill. The RC was handed only after the plates were installed and the unique number of each HSRP was printed on the RC too. Total cost charged was 485/-. Vendor was Utsav.

Overall a most luxurious run in a single day and the 500 km round trip caused hardly any fatigue. On return I did sense a slightest of dip in the oil level. Will be watching it carefully. Odo is around 3K mark.

Issues faced till date - NIL

But the amount of electronics does overwhelm. The Fortuner is much simpler in operation but not this luxurious.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th May 2012 at 07:24. Reason: High speed references removed.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 21:06   #185
Senior - BHPian

Summer is in full spring here in the North Indian plains.

It was 45 C in Meerut today...
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-temperature-45.jpg

Had to reduce the temperature to 22 from the 24 I was normally setting. The AC is a absolute chiller at this setting even in this heat.
Skoda Superb - A tryst with destiny-skoda-superb-ac-temperature-22.jpg
Old 26th May 2012, 00:27   #186
Team-BHP Support

The fan is at 2/3rd showing a bit of strain on the ac. I'm sure you would agree the Fortuners AC chills much better in this heat? Also hope you wear your seatbelt, I can see the light on in the first pic.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2012, 09:20   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The fan is at 2/3rd showing a bit of strain on the ac. I'm sure you would agree the Fortuners AC chills much better in this heat? Also hope you wear your seatbelt, I can see the light on in the first pic.
The Fortuner's AC is definitely better than the Superb's AC as I had earlier mentioned in this topic. Still the Superb's AC was a bit of concern as per the feedback I had received from other Skoda owners and I was worried whether it will actually work in the blistering 45C heat. It however passed the test with flying colours. The high fan speed visible is due to the fact that the AC was switched on just 5 minutes back. As the cooling builds up the fan speed reduces and even in this heat we have to increase the temperature to 23 ~ 24 once the cabin gets sufficiently cool. The mileage also settled at 9.5kmpl another 5 minutes later into the drive in local city. But opinions are always divided in India and I have even heard people criticizing the Fortuner's AC for lack of cooling.

In local city driving we do not wear our seatbelts in Meerut. I know it sounds wrong but Meerut is a pretty small city and seatbelts are not mandatory by law here. However I never travel without seatbelts as soon as I touch any highway.

Last edited by dkaile : 26th May 2012 at 09:26.
Old 26th May 2012, 10:22   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In local city driving we do not wear our seatbelts in Meerut. I know it sounds wrong but Meerut is a pretty small city and seatbelts are not mandatory by law here. However I never travel without seatbelts as soon as I touch any highway.
Oh c'mon, seat belts do not protect us only against the law. It just takes a second, what stops you from buckling up in the city also, if you realise the importance of it on the highway ?
Eddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2012, 10:24   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Oh c'mon, seat belts do not protect us only against the law. It just takes a second, what stops you from buckling up in the city also, if you realise the importance of it on the highway ?
You are right. Maybe its just a matter of habit. Your point is appreciated and well taken. Lets stick to the topic. Thanks...
Old 26th May 2012, 14:39   #190
Senior - BHPian

@dkaile, strongly recommend wearing seatbelts all the time while driving (and enjoying) your Superb :-)
lancer_rit is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2012, 15:01   #191
Team-BHP Support

Driving a car with airbags without seatbelts is a sheer no no. Airbags are known as SRS or secondary restraint system. The seat belt is the PRIMARY. Even if it city driving your speedo shows above 40kmph which is enough to activate airbags and cause substantial damage during the event of an accident to both car and occupants.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2012, 20:12   #192
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
I guess your thread is turning out to be the most comprehensive one the Superb in this Forum. Thanks, and keep going on!

Isn't this common across all Skoda cars sold in India?
Absolutely right. All Skodas sold in India come with the rough road package as a matter of course. And Yes, the rough road package offers good protection by covering the underbody, engine and fuel/brake lines.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 12:07   #193
Senior - BHPian

My mileage seems to have dropped. On my trip yesterday to Noida (around 150kms both ways) I have got a mileage of 10.5kmpl compared to my earlier one of around 11.5kmpl. Maybe its due to the AC working overtime in this sweltering heat which touched 46.5C. Or maybe that I could hardly engage the 6th gear due to heavy traffic on this route?

One quirk I found about the Auto Lights is that they switch on even when it's still light enough according to me. They should be adjustable by the user who should be able to set the desired luminosity of ambient light. Same with the auto wipers which sometimes wipe the windshield even without a drop of rain, lolz. I have set them to off position for now.
Old 28th May 2012, 18:18   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My mileage seems to have dropped. On my trip yesterday to Noida (around 150kms both ways) I have got a mileage of 10.5kmpl compared to my earlier one of around 11.5kmpl. Maybe its due to the AC working overtime in this sweltering heat which touched 46.5C. Or maybe that I could hardly engage the 6th gear due to heavy traffic on this route?
Are these actual figures or MID figures? I have found that the avg fuel cons figures thrown up by my Laura's MID are optimistic by about 10%.

In city conditions I find that accelerating a bit hard in 4th gear and costing produces better FE figures as against upshifting to 6th and accelerating steadily. Guess that's because the car is accelerating with the turbo in boost, which burns fuel more efficiently than when the engine is running below the turbo zone.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 19:31   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One quirk I found about the Auto Lights is that they switch on even when it's still light enough according to me. They should be adjustable by the user who should be able to set the desired luminosity of ambient light. Same with the auto wipers which sometimes wipe the windshield even without a drop of rain, lolz. I have set them to off position for now.
The adjustable switch on top of the stalk adjusts the sensitivity of the Automatic Wipers, just reduce the sensitivity a notch down if you find them too sensitive.

Last edited by .anshuman : 28th May 2012 at 19:37. Reason: Added Photo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks