Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 11th September 2020, 15:25   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz - W221 S350 initial ownership review

Congratulations Androdev, i had subscribed to your S-Class thread, and some days back i saw an email for it update.
I quickly jumped to the S-Class thread to be pleasantly surprised with this one.
It was a wonderful read to lighten up the day during these times !
Stay Safe and have great memories with this one too !
zoom_vroom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 17:17   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz - W221 S350 initial ownership review

An escape from the cold and damp Bangalore, to the warm waters beyond the hills and forests.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz - W221 S350 initial ownership review-highway.jpeg

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz - W221 S350 initial ownership review-night.jpeg

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz - W221 S350 initial ownership review-stream.jpg

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz - W221 S350 initial ownership review-forest.jpg

Name:  surf.jpeg
Views: 1297
Size:  382.4 KB
androdev is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 19:14   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Some super pics! Where is this?
Also switched back to the old rims? Or just for this drive?
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 19:40   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Some super pics! Where is this?
Also switched back to the old rims? Or just for this drive?
Bangalore to West coast (Kochi, Mangalore, Goa) offers very scenic routes though some sections could be painful.

I use the stock rims (17") when I venture into rural areas that I am not familiar with. The night drive was a challenging one - there were potholes and visibility was poor due to heavy rain and oncoming high beam traffic.

We stayed at a place called Sai Vishram near Udupi. No frills vegetarian (no alcohol ) resort, an option for BLR families when Goa is too far/busy. It's a bit weird that coastal Karnataka doesn't have very good beach holiday properties like Goa and Kerala.

Last edited by androdev : 17th December 2020 at 19:42.
androdev is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 18:01   #200
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
An escape from the cold and damp Bangalore, to the warm waters beyond the hills and forests.
Beautiful . So happy to see it being driven outside. These cars are built for the open road, but hardly any S-Class owners I know take them touring. I take my 530d each & every place, no garage queen this.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 20:25   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Beautiful . So happy to see it being driven outside. These cars are built for the open road, but hardly any S-Class owners I know take them touring. I take my 530d each & every place, no garage queen this.
Thank GTO! For someone like me who breaks the bank to buy a car, it would be financially very unwise not to put it to good use. With a bit of luck and common sense, these cars are wonderful to drive in India.

I guess except for people like the enthusiasts on our forum, most people who make this kinda of money are A. very busy to be on the road for 9-10 hrs B. not likely to have family members willing to spend that much time together in a car. Traveling together by car really tests family values
androdev is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 10:43   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Fuel efficiency during a recent Bangalore to Hyderabad (door to door) trip, thanks to fastag and smooth highways. Very brisk drive, just that I put extra effort to anticipate traffic to avoid needless braking/acceleration cycles.

Name:  sfe.png
Views: 406
Size:  250.4 KB
androdev is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed