Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 22:28   #166
BHPian

Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 10k Re

OMG!! I cannot believe that your Punto could not recognise 'Browse Folders'. My Linea understands it almost all the time and I have tried saying it in various pitch, tones etc.. but still it recognises this command easily.. And I have not updated my Blue & Me. Mine should be the oldest version of Blue & Me. What about the other commands?? Albums, Artist, Shuffle off etc.. Mine recognises these with ease. Try speaking in low voice in your normal driving position(not closer to the steering wheel). When I used to say just folders 60% of the times it used to hear 'phone' and if no phone is connected it says 'searching for connection, try again later'. But 'Browse folders' works not only with my car but also with my relatives Punto and he too is very happy about it. Try each and every permutation n combinations of saying these commands. May be my voice is too different from yours.

Last edited by GTX007 : 10th July 2012 at 22:30.
Old 10th July 2012, 22:34   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 10k Re

I also ran to the parking and came back disappointed. I don't think 'Browse Folders' would be a valid command due to the fact that it doesn't appear on the menu list. If one notices carefully all the options available on the display screen on the speedo console are the ones which are spoken out by the BnMe lady, hence the conclusion.
OT: Yours is one rare case where the Handle meets the performance.

Last edited by carwatcher : 10th July 2012 at 22:36.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:54   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
My daily run is around 45 - 50 kms.

Had the following highway trips as well - in this 11k kms run.

Chennai <-> Pondichery *2.
Chennai <-> Trivandrum <-> Munnar.
Chennai <-> Bangalore.
Bangalore <-> Nandi Hills.
Chennai <-> Yelagiri.

My experience with Tata Service has been bad. I had already pen down the same on Page 1 - hence qouting it here-

Tried 'Folders' many times. Didn't work.

Was so happy after seeing your post, ran to the garage to check the system if it responds to 'Browse Folders', but . It hears it as 'Shuffle Off'. Can anyone tell me how those two sound similar!

Could it be because of the blue&me version? Did you update yours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I also ran to the parking and came back disappointed. I don't think 'Browse Folders' would be a valid command due to the fact that it doesn't appear on the menu list. If one notices carefully all the options available on the display screen on the speedo console are the ones which are spoken out by the BnMe lady, hence the conclusion.
OT: Yours is one rare case where the Handle meets the performance.
I dont know whats wrong with your Fiats. The commands are indeed valid according to the Blue & Me manual. Check the following pic. And if you want to see these commands working check out the following video. Thats me reading out the commands to my Linea (almost all the commands that I know). And she hears it without any fuss.
Attached Thumbnails
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-dscn1090.jpg  

GTX007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 18:47   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
I dont know whats wrong with your Fiats. The commands are indeed valid according to the Blue & Me manual. Check the following pic. And if you want to see these commands working check out the following video. Thats me reading out the commands to my Linea (almost all the commands that I know). And she hears it without any fuss. Linea Voice commands - YouTube
Thank you for taking the pain in recording a video and posting the same. It is indeed brilliant - and takes care of one niggle I have been mentioning from page 1 of this thread.

But sadly - I'm not able to get it working on my car. Shuffle off/ on, loop off/ on, Autoplay off/ on and all seems to work brilliantly though. More investigations needed. Just got the manual out (and it seems to the exact same one as you posted) to try and test what all commands seem to be working.

Which mobile is connected to your blue & me? In my android (Galaxy S2), message reader doesn't seem to work properly too.
Old 13th July 2012, 14:07   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know whats wrong with your Fiats. The commands are indeed valid according to the Blue & Me manual.
Thanks for your efforts GTX007,
but trust me I tried every trick and couldn't find it working at all.
At the same time, what I was experiencing during the first few days (songs playing randomly), I am finding the current set-up 1000 times better. So not complaining much.
Old 13th July 2012, 17:19   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for taking the pain in recording a video and posting the same. It is indeed brilliant - and takes care of one niggle I have been mentioning from page 1 of this thread.

But sadly - I'm not able to get it working on my car. Shuffle off/ on, loop off/ on, Autoplay off/ on and all seems to work brilliantly though. More investigations needed. Just got the manual out (and it seems to the exact same one as you posted) to try and test what all commands seem to be working.

Which mobile is connected to your blue & me? In my android (Galaxy S2), message reader doesn't seem to work properly too.
I don't think message reader works properly with the androids. It didn't work on my Xperia too. For the purpose of showing the commands I connected my old Sony Ericsson. I don't think message reader is of big use because the lady reads out the sentences very fast and most probably you wont understand anything. Are you able to make calls through Blue & Me clearly? If not I doubt whether something is wrong with your mic. In my Linea the person over the phone can even hear what the passengers at the rear are talking. Actually I was planning to update the Blue & Me to get ecodrive working on my car but after seeing your experience I may not go for it. If the voice commands don't work properly with the newer versions it can be a big issue. Taking the eyes off the road for the purpose of selecting folders or anything doesn't seem to be a good idea.
Old 15th July 2012, 09:47   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't think message reader works properly with the androids. It didn't work on my Xperia too. For the purpose of showing the commands I connected my old Sony Ericsson. I don't think message reader is of big use because the lady reads out the sentences very fast and most probably you wont understand anything. Are you able to make calls through Blue & Me clearly? If not I doubt whether something is wrong with your mic. In my Linea the person over the phone can even hear what the passengers at the rear are talking. Actually I was planning to update the Blue & Me to get ecodrive working on my car but after seeing your experience I may not go for it. If the voice commands don't work properly with the newer versions it can be a big issue. Taking the eyes off the road for the purpose of selecting folders or anything doesn't seem to be a good idea.
Yes. Blue&me works fine. No problems noticed during calls, or even in identifying other commands.

I dont think Indian cars can get ecodrive enabled. Was going through some posts in TFI. Seems like many people updated their's to the latest version - but the ecodrive installation failed.
Old 16th July 2012, 14:45   #173
BHPian

Slightly OT, but I am planning to buy an iPhone. Can somebody confirm if it works fine with Blue & Me?
Old 28th July 2012, 23:28   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think Indian cars can get ecodrive enabled. Was going through some posts in TFI. Seems like many people updated their's to the latest version - but the ecodrive installation failed.
Ecodrive does work with the Linea but not Punto. There are few people who have successfully installed Ecodrive on Linea.
Old 28th July 2012, 23:39   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Ecodrive does work with the Linea but not Punto. There are few people who have successfully installed Ecodrive on Linea.
Ah! Disappointed!

Not because of ecodrive. Because i saw that you have qouted my thread - and thought you would have spotted me too.

The white 90HP (was not clean, sadly ) who was behind you from EA till Thousand lights, and then just ahead of you till Nandanam. Didn't have any big stickers on though - only tiny tbhp url stickers on the numberplates.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th July 2012 at 23:45.
Old 29th July 2012, 00:22   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR
Ah! Disappointed!

Not because of ecodrive. Because i saw that you have qouted my thread - and thought you would have spotted me too.

The white 90HP (was not clean, sadly ) who was behind you from EA till Thousand lights, and then just ahead of you till Nandanam. Didn't have any big stickers on though - only tiny tbhp url stickers on the numberplates.
Oops. I got it. I did see your car and the small tbhp stickers on the number plate. I was thinking who could be that. You were in my guess list but I wasn't sure.

How did you know that it was me?

Last edited by rameshnanda : 29th July 2012 at 00:50.
Old 29th July 2012, 10:14   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Slightly OT, but I am planning to buy an iPhone. Can somebody confirm if it works fine with Blue & Me?
Anybody? I heard iPhone will not be able to read the messages in my Punto. Please advise.
Old 29th July 2012, 14:26   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda

Oops. I got it. I did see your car and the small tbhp stickers on the number plate. I was thinking who could be that. You were in my guess list but I wasn't sure.

How did you know that it was me?
The stickers on the ORVMs. Pretty cool in real as well.

'Nothing better to drive' sticker is from TFI?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor

Anybody? I heard iPhone will not be able to read the messages in my Punto. Please advise.
Haven't had an experiences with iPhone. Let me try if I can get any friend's phone to test.

Android phones cannot read messages through blue&me though.
Old 29th July 2012, 18:21   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'Nothing better to drive' sticker is from TFI?
No. It was custom made during the recent Fiat meet (Bangalore-Chennai) at Yelagiri.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 29th July 2012 at 18:27.
Old 30th July 2012, 10:19   #180
Team-BHP Support

Did a quick water wash at a local service station. Went there for an under body wash + interior vaccuming. They didn't offer such a package, hence went ahead with the full cleaning.

Now- problem is- the external temperature display seems to be stuck at 25 degrees. :( Any idea where that sensor is? And what all to check?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks