Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2012, 10:33   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- Ownership Experience- FIAT Grande Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Is this Door sill comes with 4 Pieces for all doors or only 2 for Front Sides?

Only 2, for the RH & LH front.
DRIV3R is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 14:50   #107
Team-BHP Support

Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- Ownership Experience- FIAT Grande Punto

Quote:
Is this Door sill comes with 4 Pieces for all doors or only 2 for Front Sides?
Only for the front doors. There is hardly any flat space on the rear door at all!

Any plan on buying one? If so - check out the illuminated one BHP'ian rameshnanda managed to order from FIAT. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2768156
Old 30th May 2012, 15:03   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Only for the front doors. There is hardly any flat space on the rear door at all!

Any plan on buying one? If so - check out the illuminated one BHP'ian rameshnanda managed to order from FIAT. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2768156
Already i have chatted him but for that price i won't go for it. I need just a protection to the Door Sil. So the piece displayed in the Fait India Site is enough.

Door Sil Protection Plate

Garnished side step to protect the door footstep area.
Easy to clean

Part Number: 59116477 | MRP: RS.390
Old 30th May 2012, 15:56   #109
BHPian

I went for 4 piece door sil plates from Jawahar Auto, GP road chennai for 780 bucks.
Old 31st May 2012, 08:06   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Already i have chatted him but for that price i won't go for it. I need just a protection to the Door Sil. So the piece displayed in the Fait India Site is enough.

Door Sil Protection Plate

Garnished side step to protect the door footstep area.
Easy to clean

Part Number: 59116477 | MRP: RS.390
Should be available with all the dealers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_hari82 View Post
I went for 4 piece door sil plates from Jawahar Auto, GP road chennai for 780 bucks.
Cool. Can you post pics, specially of the rear ones? Does it come with 'Punto' branding or 'FIAT'?
Old 31st May 2012, 11:55   #111
BHPian

@CrAzY dRiVeR: check my post in teamfiat dot co dot in. You will be able to find my thread by (harry_1407) along with some pics.
Old 31st May 2012, 14:36   #112
Team-BHP Support

Another old pic that did not find its way into this thread earlier. Unfortunately - not clicking anything new these days.

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_6880_640.jpg
Quote:
@CrAzY dRiVeR: check my post in teamfiat dot co dot in. You will be able to find my thread by (harry_1407) along with some pics.
Got your thread - Awesome car! Medium grey 90HP with projectors?

But - i went through all 9 pages and didnt see a pic of those sill guards. Did i miss something?
Old 31st May 2012, 14:43   #113
BHPian

@CrAzY dRiVeR: dude PM me your email id so that I can send across the pics in a day or two.
Old 31st May 2012, 18:36   #114
BHPian

Tried out to source the illuminated one's for my Linea, but people have no idea at all! :( Who know, say its out of stock!
Old 1st June 2012, 09:45   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
4 Channel Focal Amplifier
- Front components (Focal Access)
- Rear Co-axial (MTX)
- Sub woofer (Shallow sub from MB-QUART)
Total budget - close to 40k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Rainbow components in front, bull audio co-axials in rear ( co axials are almost useless with powerful components, just for rear fills) and a Infinity reference 1200 watts sub in the boot running off a humble 720 W Kenwood amp
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Wishing you a safe , enjoyable and trouble free long term ownership
Guys, ICE installation will mostly be done close to next weekend. As discussed in the previous page - After a lot of thinking - I think this will be my final setup.

HU - stock.
Amplifier - Focal Solid4.
Front Components - Focal Access/ Rainbow DLC. (Although I hear excellent reviews regarding Focal Polyglass, I just dont see how I can fit it within my budget. :( ).
Rear Co-ax - Focal Access.
Sub (Not sure yet. Saw 3 options within my budget. Infinity/ JL audio/ MB Quart. Need to see which can produce tight bass. I dont like it when the bass is boomy).

Not going for Audison SLI due to budget constraints again. (40k max)

This will be done with another friend, who may be getting the following stuff for her Esteem (Budget 30k).
HU - JVC/ Pioneer (5-6k).
Auditor 4 channel amp - 7.5k (Any other better options?)
Front Comp - Focal Access/ Rainbow DLC. No rear fills.
Sub - Something around 5-6k again. Same confusion as mine.
Quote:
@CrAzY dRiVeR: dude PM me your email id so that I can send across the pics in a day or two.
Thanks. Will PM you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Tried out to source the illuminated one's for my Linea, but people have no idea at all! :( Who know, say its out of stock!
Can't be ordered, if its out of stock? Part number is mentioned in his thread itself.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st June 2012 at 10:02.
Old 1st June 2012, 09:49   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, ICE installation will mostly be done close to next weekend. As discussed in the previous page - After a lot of thinking - I think this will be my final setup.

HU - stock.
Front Components - Focal Access/ Rainbow DLC. (Although I hear excellent reviews regarding Focal Polyglass, I just dont see how I can fit it within my budget. :( ).
Sub (Not sure yet. Saw 3 options within my budget. Infinity/ JL audio/ MB Quart. Need to see which can produce tight bass. I dont like it when the bass is boomy).

Not going for Audison SLI due to budget constraints again.

Thanks. Will PM you.

Cannot be ordered, if its out of stock? Part number is mentioned in his thread itself.
Perfect.
Stick with Focal Access for components and Co-ax. While polyglass is great, Access is good. Not a bad bet. I have MB-Quart Sub. It is a shallow sub but doesn't suit well for the sedan like Linea. For Punto, it will be a perfect fit. The Bass is tight with the MB-Quart.

Quote:
Quote:
Should be available with all the dealers.

Cool. Can you post pics, specially of the rear ones? Does it come with 'Punto' branding or 'FIAT'?
I would recommend to stick with the Fiat OE part for the Door Sills. It is of high quality and very good. The one's sold by Jawahar Auto is not bad but definitely not comparable with the Fiat OE. I think the Fiat OE part costs around Rs. 400.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 1st June 2012 at 09:59.
Old 1st June 2012, 11:40   #117
BHPian

Quote:
HU - stock.
If I were you would really get the Focal Polyglass for the front components and forget about rear fills for a while. Remember the Amp & Speakers can probably outlive the car, so it's always wise to invest in better speakers and amp and do the upgrade step by step. You'll appreciate the outcome in each phase and enjoy music. Also do include sound damping on all the four doors and if possible on the hatch door as well. If you're particular about Audison SLI get that done as well as the rear speakers can wait.
Old 1st June 2012, 15:39   #118
BHPian

Where are you getting it installed from?
Old 3rd June 2012, 01:25   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Perfect.
Stick with Focal Access for components and Co-ax. While polyglass is great, Access is good. Not a bad bet. I have MB-Quart Sub. It is a shallow sub but doesn't suit well for the sedan like Linea. For Punto, it will be a perfect fit. The Bass is tight with the MB-Quart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
If I were you would really get the Focal Polyglass for the front components and forget about rear fills for a while.

If you're particular about Audison SLI get that done as well as the rear speakers can wait.
And yes - I'm confused. Always were, though.

Have never travelled in a car with such a setup. How would it sound without any rear fills? Wont the rear seat passengers get only bland sound from fronts with a lot of boom from behind? With the increasing focus on carpooling - rear seats are used most of the days now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Where are you getting it installed from?
From team-bhp recommendations - Sarvana from Powerzone seems to be the best installer around. Haresh in GP road seems to offer the best bargains in Chennai. Yet to go and find out in person.
Old 3rd June 2012, 14:34   #120
Team-BHP Support

I hope polyglass is worth it. Anyways, decision made.

HU stock.
Audison SLI.
Focal Solid 4.
Focal polyglass components upfront.
Focal Access rear.

Infinity sub may be added later as stage 2. Not fully decided yet.

Noob alert: How to supply power from the solid4 to 4 speakers and a sub? If I connect rear speakers to the (weak) HU, won't they be completely overpowered?

I started page 1 of this thread telling I'm satisfied with OE HU. I sent this message to all enthusiasts lurking around the ICE section- run... run. ICE section truly is a wallet buster.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd June 2012 at 14:40.

Most Viewed