Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2012, 20:19   #196
Team-BHP Support

Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 10k Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
Having got alignment done at number of places in Chennai, I can comfortably say that TAFE do the best. Don't look elsewhere including service
Thanks. Service experience was much better than Concorde, ECR. I wouldn't hesitate to refer TAFE Reach to anyone.

Same question as above - Is it good enough to run 15k kms? Or is it better to get the alignment checked once again around the 7k mark?
Old 5th September 2012, 20:29   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 10k Re

Dont pay for alignment during free services. Alignment is free as a part of service.
Old 5th September 2012, 20:52   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
As you havent uploaded the invoice, check the part no. of your air filter and compare it to the invoice of a few Linea owners as if there is any difference in air filter between 75 and 90, you can double check. Dont think the TASS would make such a big blunder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Part number is 570309130108. Let me check threads from Linea owners.
From rameshnanda's post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2875711, the same part has been used in his Linea MJD. But again, its the same A.S.S, so need to cross check with more Linea users in the forum.
Old 5th September 2012, 23:02   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]
Doubts -

1. Why is the Air Filter element showing 75PS? Is there any difference in the one used in 90PS? Should i make a fuss about it?
To my knowledge, both use the same filter.

Quote:
I guess I should do wheel balancing somewhere around 22k mark once more. Dont think alignment will be intact for 15k kms?
15k kms is really long for our roads.
Always, keep an eye on tire wear(uneven) , small misalignment and these heavy diesels would eat up a set of tires in 10k kms.

Better to get alignment done every 5k kms.
And, good tire shops will do a better job than any service center at a lesser price.

Quote:
3. Whats Standard Checkswiperwasher for Rs 75?
Must be some italian stuff.
Old 6th September 2012, 08:09   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Same question as above - Is it good enough to run 15k kms? Or is it better to get the alignment checked once again around the 7k mark?
I do it every 5K since the cross-section is huge and our road conditions aren't ideal. I've been doing it regularly at Lal's until 30K for every 5k and there was a slight offset towards left and it was rectified once I switched to TAFE. So I continue to go there every 5K just do alignment and other normal stuff.
Old 6th September 2012, 11:34   #201
BHPian

Punto takes only 3.2 litres of oil. did they return the remaining .8 l to you???

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th September 2012 at 09:56. Reason: Deleting quoted post.
Old 6th September 2012, 11:42   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Punto takes only 3.2 litres of oil. did they return the remaining .8 l to you???
3.2 Lts if oil filter is not changed and 3.5 lts if oil filter is changed.
Old 9th September 2012, 07:32   #203
Team-BHP Support

One big surprise after the first service.

Something has changed in my music system after 1st service. It sounds much better now - and the HU is really making the PHDs sing. Every note seems to have gained a new life and clarity. At first, i thought I'm just imagining things, but my wife asked the same question immediately after getting into the car.

What would have happened? Any changes to Blue&Me? Any software upgrade? Anyways, I'm a happy man!

On other news -

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-20120906_213207.jpg

She crossed yet another milestone - 15000 kms.
No.days - 180 since purchase.
Average - 83.33 kms/day.

Been trying to get some FE data on my android app. Data has been calculated for the past 2532 kms over 39 days and 192 litres, of mostly city usage.

Best Fuel Consumption - 17.86 kmpl.
Average Fuel Consumption - 15.37 kmpl.
Worst Fuel Consumption - 13.43 kmpl.

Average kms/day - 64.92.
Avergage fuel costs/ day - Rs. 185.64/-

Long Distance Routes covered -
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-15k.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
To my knowledge, both use the same filter.
Nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
15k kms is really long for our roads.
Always, keep an eye on tire wear(uneven) , small misalignment and these heavy diesels would eat up a set of tires in 10k kms.
They did rotation too. Front to rear, and rear to front.

Depending on the financial situation, I'd like to change the tyres around the 30k mark. The current Goodyears are proving to be a bit irritating when it comes to road noise.

Speaking of which, I am back to 32 PSI on all tyres. After using 29 PSI, 30 PSI and all as seen on the forum - I feel my car rides best when filled with 32 PSI. Anyone else with 2012 Punto feels the same? (I'm talking about 1 or 2 passengers load only).
Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
I do it every 5K since the cross-section is huge and our road conditions aren't ideal. I've been doing it regularly at Lal's until 30K for every 5k and there was a slight offset towards left and it was rectified once I switched to TAFE. So I continue to go there every 5K just do alignment and other normal stuff.
I guess I'll also stick to the 5k schedule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
No. Engine Oil was not returned. I didn't occur to me at that time as well. Only while typing in the bill for the forum did I realise my mistake. Will Punto drink oil like the VW group cars do?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th September 2012 at 07:35.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 13:29   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It is 3.2 Litres with the oil filter change. Manual also says so.
Attached Thumbnails
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-dsc_0331.jpg  

Old 9th September 2012, 19:08   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No. Engine Oil was not returned. I didn't occur to me at that time as well. Only while typing in the bill for the forum did I realise my mistake. Will Punto drink oil like the VW group cars do?
Never. Fiat engines never drink oil. VW TDI engines are classic case of so called poor engineering. Fiats are way ahead of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
It is 3.2 Litres with the oil filter change. Manual also says so.
Yeah i have read that as well, but this is what Fiat has advised TASS to do.
Old 10th September 2012, 09:08   #206
BHPian

Having owned and used a fiat VGT and VW TDI, i agree that the VW does drink oil during the initial period of run .

After that you don't have to worry about it .

Heard about Poor engineering from VW , but you need to think that they had the courage to put the 1.6 TDI on a VW car and sell it .

While the fiat doesn't allow Suzuki to come with the 1.6 MJD nor does it have the courage to bring it on its own.
Old 10th September 2012, 10:17   #207
BHPian

Quote:
She crossed yet another milestone - 15000 kms.
No.days - 180 since purchase.
Average - 83.33 kms/day.

Speaking of which, I am back to 32 PSI on all tyres. After using 29 PSI, 30 PSI and all as seen on the forum - I feel my car rides best when filled with 32 PSI. Anyone else with 2012 Punto feels the same? (I'm talking about 1 or 2 passengers load only).
Great Stuff CD, 15K in 6 months flat.

At 65kms/day, I guess you are spending average 2 to 2.5 hrs with your beauty per day. You must be loving it.

I used to ride with 32 PSI initially but after switching to 29-30 PSI have flelt ride quality improved. I am sticking to 29-30 PSI. My drive is mostly alone (I am 65 kg).

Have your noticed changes on the engine front i.e. becoming smoother/drivable etc. post 15K sevice.
Old 11th September 2012, 12:05   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Never. Fiat engines never drink oil. VW TDI engines are classic case of so called poor engineering. Fiats are way ahead of them.

Yeah i have read that as well, but this is what Fiat has advised TASS to do.
3.5 litres will surely be overfilling. Never heard about this advice from FIAT
Old 11th September 2012, 20:47   #209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Great Stuff CD, 15K in 6 months flat.

At 65kms/day, I guess you are spending average 2 to 2.5 hrs with your beauty per day. You must be loving it.

I used to ride with 32 PSI initially but after switching to 29-30 PSI have flelt ride quality improved. I am sticking to 29-30 PSI. My drive is mostly alone (I am 65 kg).

Have your noticed changes on the engine front i.e. becoming smoother/drivable etc. post 15K sevice.
65kms/day? More like 83 kms/day, isn't it?

2.5 - 3 hours daily, and yes - I'm loving it. Moreover, its the main stress buster I look forward to - something that really keeps me going on some really difficult days. The car, the music, the drive.

Engine feels smoother after the 15k service. Engine oil has reduced above 2k rpm and it feels better to rev than before.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th September 2012 at 20:49.
Old 12th September 2012, 14:27   #210
BHPian

Crazy Driver

Ask them what they did with .8 litres of oil. Demand them to return it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks