Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2013, 20:23   #286
Team-BHP Support

Completed 28,500 kms today as well as shifted home base to Bangalore.

Please recommend the best authorised service centre in Bangalore. Will need to get her serviced within the next two weeks.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 20:49   #287
Senior - BHPian

KHT and Prerana have good reviews overall.

So you have moved permanently out of Chennai?
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 21:32   #288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

So you have moved permanently out of Chennai?
Yes, and it all happened in less than 2 weeks. Last Tuesday I didn't have a clue about this relocation, and now I'm unpacking all my stuff in Bangalore.

But, I'll still need to visit Chennai frequently as my project is based out of Chennai, with only small teams in Bangalore.

Edit: Do these centres still take Fiat cars now that Bangalore has got dedicated Fiat dealers?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th February 2013 at 21:33.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 22:01   #289
Team-BHP Support

Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Edit: Do these centres still take Fiat cars now that Bangalore has got dedicated Fiat dealers?
As per what I read in the forum (I think it was Karthik who mentioned), Prerana is opening a Fiat specific dealership and service center. Till then he would continue to serve Fiat as well.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 22:31   #290
Team-BHP Support

Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- My FIAT Grande Punto 90HP. EDIT : 20k Re

Quote:
Completed 28,500 kms today as well as shifted home base to Bangalore.
Welcome sir! Finally perhaps I get a chance to meet the very person (and car) who was the inspiration behind my own 90HP purchase

Quote:
Please recommend the best authorised service centre in Bangalore. Will need to get her serviced within the next two weeks.
Quote:
Prerana motors any day. Go to KHT only if you like to make repeat visits. KHT is better off servicing rickshaws and tractors. Or no, sorry perhaps they may mess up those too . Too many bad experiences with friends' vehicles in KHT, both in sales and service. Unless you have 'contacts' there, things wont get done. Stay away from them, my personal opinion.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
As per what I read in the forum (I think it was Karthik who mentioned), Prerana is opening a Fiat specific dealership and service center. Till then he would continue to serve Fiat as well.
Prerana motors is opening the dedicated Fiat centre in mid-March. Until then, you can continue to give Fiats for service at the Kudlu gate service centre on Hosur road (which is currently shared with Tata).

I had mentioned the full details here in this post after first service, perhaps it might be useful to you :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3040126

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th February 2013 at 22:33.
Old 16th February 2013, 22:52   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly welcome to Bangalore.

To add on to what Karthik has mentioned, go to KHT if you need free scratches or broken internal rear view mirrors. This happens quite often and to get it rectified you have to involve the MD each time.
Old 17th February 2013, 00:05   #292
Senior - BHPian

Karthik and Krishna, I agree. Even I have a bitter experience with KHT. They would even give you free dents on the door by banging it carelessly. But overall, many recommend this place and hence I did.

I am yet to experience Prerana, but yeah I hear they are great.
Old 18th February 2013, 00:35   #293
Team-BHP Support

My little FIAT took up this challenge and came out a big winner. Thats a 4 chair dining set i moved to a friends house. The full flat floor after folding the rear seat is hugely practical in an otherwise plain cabin

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-20130215_161607.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Prerana motors any day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Firstly welcome to Bangalore.

To add on to what Karthik has mentioned, go to KHT if you need free scratches or broken internal rear view mirrors. This happens quite often and to get it rectified you have to involve the MD each time.
Quote:
Karthik and Krishna, I agree. Even I have a bitter experience with KHT. They would even give you free dents on the door by banging it carelessly. But overall, many recommend this place and hence I did.

I am yet to experience Prerana, but yeah I hear they are great.
Thanks guys! Prerana it is, then!

It is 32 kms away from my apartment - but same is the case with my office!

Quote:
Welcome sir! Finally perhaps I get a chance to meet the very person (and car) who was the inspiration behind my own 90HP purchase
Sir? I'm still young enough - only restaurant waiters and shopkeepers call me that. Trust me!

Will meet for sure.

EDIT: I was one of the very few who asked you to go for the Swift instead of Punto, since you already had the best FIAT in your garage. I'd like to be passenger in the T-Jet sometime too, if you dont mind. Haven't got a chance for that yet.
Quote:
I had mentioned the full details here in this post after first service, perhaps it might be useful to you.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3040126
Ok so, Surendra is the SE i should ask for?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th February 2013 at 00:53.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 08:16   #294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sir? I'm still young enough - only restaurant waiters and shopkeepers call me that. Trust me!
Oops, no no, just said sir casually

Quote:
EDIT: I was one of the very few who asked you to go for the Swift instead of Punto, since you already had the best FIAT in your garage.
Yeah, you had advised me to go for the Swift, but your ownership thread (this one) had more convincing/brainwashing powers .

Quote:
I'd like to be passenger in the T-Jet sometime too, if you dont mind. Haven't got a chance for that yet.
You're welcome CD, anytime!

Quote:
Ok so, Surendra is the SE i should ask for?
Yeah, there are 2-3 SAs there now for Fiat cars, but he is the guy with the most experience (others have joined recently and are undergoing training). Ask for Surendra as soon as you get down from the car. You might need to call and book for service 2-3 days before you plan to give the car there. The service booking hotline is 9845500033.

Last edited by KarthikK : 18th February 2013 at 08:17.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 14:01   #295
Team-BHP Support

Last weekend, got the red sticker on the dashboard replaced with 3M carbon fibre stickers! Much better now!

Had a wonderful morning with KarthikK, nkrishnap, naditya, Vidyut, Prince (Sorry i didn't get your id) and of course Sidhu of 3M.

Before
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-20121001_153434_3.jpg
After
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_8269.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 03:24   #296
Team-BHP Support

29800 kms done.

Waiting for the next service! Should have booked it already, but thanks to fellow BHP'ian nkrishnap, I hear that the all new FIAT service center should be open soon. Going to be one of the earliest customers/ scapegoats for FIAT service. Lets see!

Meanwhile - I have started taking a look at headunits. Any suggestions? Below are my requirements + nice to have features.

Current setup - Stock HU, DLS XA40 4channel amp, PHD MF 6.2 components, FB 6 co-axials, JBL GTO 804 8' sub.

Absolutely required
  • Max Budget of 20k.
  • Single DIN
  • Bluetooth telephony.
  • SQL.
  • Should play nice quality from USB.
Nice to have.
  • Silver fascia to match the rest of the center panel.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th March 2013 at 03:28.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 14:40   #297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Meanwhile - I have started taking a look at headunits. Any suggestions? Below are my requirements + nice to have features.
Had suggested it earlier, why not look at a processor? You will keep all the blue&me functions and still get much better sound -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PXE-H660-ALP...0fa4e2&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th March 2013 at 17:01. Reason: Trimming quote content
Old 11th March 2013, 23:08   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Had suggested it earlier, why not look at a processor? You will keep all the blue&me functions and still get much better sound -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PXE-H660-ALP...0fa4e2&vxp=mtr
Yes. Had a good research on that, based on your suggestions.

But, again back to HU upgrade only because i am sceptical if the return on investment will be worth the effort. Right now I have spent 49k, and was totally let down by the poor quality HU from FIAT. (Its much better than stock sound, however - I have seen cheap chinese HUs sound much better with these speakers).

Dont want to end up paying another 20k, and still have a system which performs below my expectations. Having a bluetooth enabled HU seems to solve most of the (my) issues arising out of the loss of blue&me.
Old 11th March 2013, 23:29   #299
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes. Had a good research on that, based on your suggestions.

But, again back to HU upgrade only because i am sceptical if the return on investment will be worth the effort. Right now I have spent 49k, and was totally let down by the poor quality HU from FIAT. (Its much better than stock sound, however - I have seen cheap chinese HUs sound much better with these speakers).

Dont want to end up paying another 20k, and still have a system which performs below my expectations. Having a bluetooth enabled HU seems to solve most of the (my) issues arising out of the loss of blue&me.
Understandable, but believe me processor sounds as good if not better than any aftermarket HU. It also has time alignment, etc which not too many HUs in 20k have (don't think they do). Either way its your choice
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 21:40   #300
Team-BHP Support

Happy birthday to you...
Happy birthday to you...

Its her first birthday, and she celebrated in style -
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_8511_800.jpg

Even more style -
A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_8506b_800.jpg

30,000 kms in exactly 1 year @ 2500 kms/ month - Will post detailed report soon.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks