Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2013, 22:32   #316
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@CD

How is RD working out? Do you not any difference in the driving ?
How is the performance and the efficiency?
You missed my new thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134119

As of now- it just has my feelings on the performance. Will try to do dyno run soon + timings + put up detailed tankful to tankful readings soon.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 17:08   #317
Team-BHP Support

Gave her a wash + wax today. Initially thought of going to 3M, but then- its been raining heavily for the past few days - and its sure to get dirty again when i reach back home.

Just to put it down on paper- I fully blame nkrishnap and KarthikK for pulling me also into this world of aching hands and sore backs.

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_8527.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_8528.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-20130406_151300.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th April 2013 at 17:19.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 21:23   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- FIAT Grande Punto 90HP - Now 1 year, 30k

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
its been raining heavily for the past few days - and its sure to get dirty again when i reach back home.
Effect of a team-bhp meet, right? . Your ride looks clean as a whistle!

Last edited by arun_josie : 6th April 2013 at 21:25.
Old 9th April 2013, 00:07   #319
Team-BHP Support

Re: A thin line between genius and insanity- FIAT Grande Punto 90HP - Now 1 year, 30k

A/C problem has become even worse, and we really had a 'hot' team bhp meet. Will need to get it checked this week itself.

Waiting for my first experience with an 'exclusive' FIAT service center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Effect of a team-bhp meet, right? . Your ride looks clean as a whistle!
Partly yes, partly no!

I'm a lot more careful in maitaining the car these days, and the difference shows! All credit goes to team bhp bangalore, specially KarthikK and nkrishnap as mentioned earlier.
Old 27th April 2013, 09:58   #320
Team-BHP Support

Ok, was not able to put any updates for a long time. Some personal issues and health issues in the family had demanded my full attention. Car is also not running at 100% - A/C issue is not yet fixed (My bad I couldn't visit FASC, service guys are not to blame here) and so - she is running hot - quite literally. Race Dynamics box has also not been used for the past 3 weeks or so! Will put it back on only after getting the service done.

Ok so - we had a discussion on Shell diesel here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-linea-19.html

And i decided to try it day before yesterday - and must say - I love it. Engine note feels smoother specially at higher rpms. I think with the RD box connected - Shell diesel will feel a lot better than normal diesel.

And yes - it does not make sense at all - financially. The gains are too negligible to ignore the price difference - so I will be sticking to occasional tankfuls of Shell.

In other news - completed 33333 kms yesterday. Yet another milestone.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th April 2013 at 18:33. Reason: removing extra smiley
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 21:30   #321
Senior - BHPian

CD, if you don't mind can you please sum up all the niggles/issues you've faced with the Punto 90 till date ? I remember the loose link rod at the beginning, but lost touch after that.
Old 28th May 2013, 13:00   #322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
CD, if you don't mind can you please sum up all the niggles/issues you've faced with the Punto 90 till date ? I remember the loose link rod at the beginning, but lost touch after that.
Thanks for dragging me back to this thread. Had a tough month professionally and personally - and hence - forgot the thread.

So - lets see - previous update was on 27th April 2013 - 33,333 kms. Bit shocking for me, as I just saw the odo roll past the 37500 kms mark yesterday - 27th May 2013. My 90HP was at Chennai last weekend, and hyderabad the previous weekend.

So- summary of all issues faced -

1. Loose link rod @ 1500 kms mark.
2. Rattle from front LHS door panel - still not resolved.

3. Stock speakers started cracking under volume and had to be replaced- ICE upgrade part -1 was the solution.
4. One niggle all FIAT owners would have faced - odo flashing randomly @ 12500 kms mark. Disappeared on its own the next day.

5. Front left suspension is creating 'thud' sounds while going over potholes, bumps etc. Turned out to be a loose anti-roll bar. @16k kms.
6. a/c issues noticed. Becomes useless during daytime. Compressor ordered for warranty replacement a month back. Parts yet to arrive.

7. Thud sound from the front left suspension. This time, it seems like a friction bush from the sleeve has gone bust. Part not available again.

Except for 6, all are minor issues. Regarding the a/c issue - I am keeping my cool since FIAT is in a transition phase.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 13:17   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for dragging me back to this thread. Had a tough month professionally and personally - and hence - forgot the thread.
Except for 6, all are minor issues. Regarding the a/c issue - I am keeping my cool since FIAT is in a transition phase.
Thanks a lot CD! Hope things have eased out now

Yes except for 6 and to an extent 1( left you stranded right ?) all others seem small and not bothersome.

Looks like Swift is still the king in terms of reliability and an absolute niggle free experience. Its down to the Swift and 90 now, or if VW offers a replacement then that. Let me see which way it will swing.
Old 29th May 2013, 17:52   #324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Thanks a lot CD! Hope things have eased out now

Yes except for 6 and to an extent 1( left you stranded right ?) all others seem small and not bothersome.

Looks like Swift is still the king in terms of reliability and an absolute niggle free experience. Its down to the Swift and 90 now, or if VW offers a replacement then that. Let me see which way it will swing.
Depends mainly on the usage. And I agree Swift is just as good a buy as any other in the segment.

But- I think you should go ahead with a Punto this time around.
Old 29th May 2013, 18:16   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But- I think you should go ahead with a Punto this time around.
Yes I want to too,but something interesting happened yesterday. I'd called for a Punto 90 TD and when I drove it within the city I was left rather disappointed.

It sure feels better than the Polo no doubt but when in the 1st or 2nd gear it only marginally better. Loved it on the open road though. I doubt if any other diesel hatchback can keep up with this car, ok may be i20 can.

My usage will be 80% city and very less on the highway,let me see how Swift feels before I decide between the two.
Old 30th May 2013, 07:06   #326
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Yes I want to too,but something interesting happened yesterday. I'd called for a Punto 90 TD and when I drove it within the city I was left rather disappointed.

It sure feels better than the Polo no doubt but when in the 1st or 2nd gear it only marginally better. Loved it on the open road though. I doubt if any other diesel hatchback can keep up with this car, ok may be i20 can.

My usage will be 80% city and very less on the highway,let me see how Swift feels before I decide between the two.
Test drive car? What were the odo figures? Its really bad when its new, gets slightly better after crossing the 5k mark. Swift has much better gearing though, and it makes a difference.

But then, there is always P1 mode on the dual channel box.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th May 2013 at 07:28.
Old 30th May 2013, 14:26   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Test drive car? What were the odo figures? Its really bad when its new, gets slightly better after crossing the 5k mark. Swift has much better gearing though, and it makes a difference.

But then, there is always P1 mode on the dual channel box.
Yes you're absolutely right. It was a brand new car with 700kms on the odo but the power etc will not change substantially even after 10k kms or so right ? I drove a Swift with 25k on the odo and it felt much better in the lower gears, even on the highway it felt fast. Fiat service isn't very confidence inspiring either, after reading that thread in indian car scene.

I think Swift will feel much faster with the box, thought Punto might actually be the faster one
Old 30th May 2013, 22:56   #328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Yes you're absolutely right. It was a brand new car with 700kms on the odo but the power etc will not change substantially even after 10k kms or so right ? I drove a Swift with 25k on the odo and it felt much better in the lower gears, even on the highway it felt fast. Fiat service isn't very confidence inspiring either, after reading that thread in indian car scene.

I think Swift will feel much faster with the box, thought Punto might actually be the faster one
I felt a significant change. New car was a total disappointment in terms of driveability. You're welcome to try mine if you wish.

But yes- thought more about your case today. After a bad experience with European reliability, doesn't make much sense to try your luck again- specially when Swift is just as good as any other in the segment.
Old 1st June 2013, 18:50   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I felt a significant change. New car was a total disappointment in terms of driveability.
I asked for another TD from a different dealer hoping the car would've clocked more kms, this one "supposedly" had done 4k, I felt it was much better in the initial gears and as always the highway performance was very good.

Quote:
You're welcome to try mine if you wish.
Thank you! Will see if I can come to one of the meets or 3M HSR

Quote:
But yes- thought more about your case today. After a bad experience with European reliability, doesn't make much sense to try your luck again- specially when Swift is just as good as any other in the segment.
Yes that' the biggest requirement, reliability and absolute peace of mind and no matter how good other brands are they simply aren't as reliable as the Japs or the Koreans too. But since i'm ok with another VW if I get a replacement Punto 90 is still being considered
Old 1st June 2013, 19:03   #330
Team-BHP Support

Update: Finally- the AC compressor has arrived and FASC guys have requested to get the work done tomorrow itself. As per the recent discussions in the Punto TD thread- will also be getting the radiator fans and compressor fins checked.

Can't wait to solve the issue and put the box back.
Quote:
Thank you! Will see if I can come to one of the meets or 3M HSR
I'm going that side tomorrow. Morning to Vecto and then probably to 3m.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks