Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2017, 15:46   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Using for the current tankful starting today. Hopefully will have a positive experience to share by the end of the week.
How much did this cost you? I have added the engine oil additive, gearbox additive and power steering additive. All from xado, if the results are good i will try this one too.
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 15:58   #617
Team-BHP Support

re: A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
How much did this cost you? I have added the engine oil additive, gearbox additive and power steering additive. All from xado, if the results are good i will try this one too.
Currently available via Amazon India for Rs 280/- though the prices keep changing everyday. I paid a little more than 300/- plus delivery charges if I remember correctly.

What are the advantages seen for the engine oil additive?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 23:19   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have also used many of these additives, so would like to answer this query:

1. Liqui Moly Ceratec: Honestly speaking, I have used this product only in Petrol cars, so I cannot say how it would behave in a Diesel car. In both the cars(5S 800 and Swift ZXi), it made a significant difference in smoothness and mileage. The cheaper additives are best avoided.

2. Liqui Moly Gear Oil additive: Usually retails at around 500 rupees, I can surely recommend you this. It will make a noticeable smoothness in the way your gearbox feels. I have checked this on many cars, and everyone has responded in positive. I have used this on a friend's petrol Punto also, where the gearbox felt mushy to shift. After using the additive, the gear smoothness became as good as any Swift/Ritz. It takes around 100kms to show its true color. For best results, the concentration is 1 tube per litre of gear oil.

3. Any fuel additive which promises increase in performance is useless. The injector cleaner on the other hand works fine.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 30th May 2017 at 23:20.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 10:07   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Currently available via Amazon India for Rs 280/- though the prices keep changing everyday. I paid a little more than 300/- plus delivery charges if I remember correctly.

My observations post the additives.

1. Engine Oil: Have done close to 4k kms and things have settled down to a smoother idling and lesser noise. Revs a little bit better compared to previous times, something similar to the new oil feel. No improvements seen in FE. Cost 3000 bucks

2. Gearbox: A little over 1.2K kms on the odo post the additive. This has done a world of good and much better results as compared to the engine oil additive. Smoother shifts and precise click kind of feel now. GB feels as smooth as it can get. Cost 900 bucks

3. Power Steering additive: A little over 1.2K kms on the odo post the additive. Steering a little lighter and smoother (could be even a psychological impact). Cost 900 bucks, but the material is sufficient for 2 cars, so make it 450 bucks.
nkrishnap is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 10:19   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I have also used many of these additives, so would like to answer this query:

1. Liqui Moly Ceratec: Honestly speaking, I have used this product only in Petrol cars, so I cannot say how it would behave in a Diesel car. In both the cars(5S 800 and Swift ZXi), it made a significant difference in smoothness and mileage. The cheaper additives are best avoided.

2. Liqui Moly Gear Oil additive: Usually retails at around 500 rupees, I can surely recommend you this. It will make a noticeable smoothness in the way your gearbox feels. I have checked this on many cars, and everyone has responded in positive. I have used this on a friend's petrol Punto also, where the gearbox felt mushy to shift. After using the additive, the gear smoothness became as good as any Swift/Ritz. It takes around 100kms to show its true color. For best results, the concentration is 1 tube per litre of gear oil.

3. Any fuel additive which promises increase in performance is useless. The injector cleaner on the other hand works fine.

Regards,
Shashi
I have used Ceratec in my Punto 90, it is doing good, I did not really look for any quantifiable improvements but the engine's performance and NVH is very good. Car has done 1.14 L kms btw.

Also used Liqui Moly gearbox oil additive, like you mentioned could feel some perceptible difference in the way the car picks up from low rpms.

I did try Diesel Purge as well, felt it took care of my rough minor rpm variations at a particular rpm range when engine is cold.

Your posts on the 800 thread made me try these products.
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 10:28   #621
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. Liqui Moly Gear Oil additive: I have used this on a friend's petrol Punto also, where the gearbox felt mushy to shift. After using the additive, the gear smoothness became as good as any Swift/Ritz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
2. Gearbox: A little over 1.2K kms on the odo post the additive. This has done a world of good and much better results as compared to the engine oil additive. Smoother shifts and precise click kind of feel now. GB feels as smooth as it can get. Cost 900 bucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Also used Liqui Moly gearbox oil additive, like you mentioned could feel some perceptible difference in the way the car picks up from low rpms.
Thanks for all your feedback. Looks like the gearbox additive is what I would really like to try during the next service. So it's as simple as just draining the existing gearbox oil, then adding the addictive and topping it up with the remaining quantity of new gearbox oil, right?

I never had any major complaints with the gearbox, but then again - could do with better precision shifts.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 10:30   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all your feedback. Looks like the gearbox additive is what I would really like to try during the next service. So it's as simple as just draining the existing gearbox oil, then adding the addictive and topping it up with the remaining quantity of new gearbox oil, right?

I never had any major complaints with the gearbox, but then again - could do with better precision shifts.
Yes, flush the old oil out. Pour new oil along with the additive and you are done. But dont expect instant results, run it for atleast 500 odd kms in varying conditions and things settle down with better shifts.
nkrishnap is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 10:36   #623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes. You can mix the additive in the gearoil can itself and then pour after shaking the can. Its hardly 20mL/tube. That should be the best way IMO.

BTW how many Litres of gearoil does Punto need?? I found that at least for Liqui Moly, a concentration of 1 Tube/Litre works best. 1 tube has 20mL additive IIRC. Hope it doesn't get too expensive for you.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 10:39   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Look up Xado products. I have had the additive in my gearbox for a couple of years and it has really helped the shift quality. I also decide to try out the fully synthetic engine oil on my last oil change, and that too has made a noticeable difference in engine smoothness and to rev a bit quicker than the stock oil in my Jet.

http://xado.co.in/.
keroo1099 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 10:46   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. You can mix the additive in the gearoil can itself and then pour after shaking the can. Its hardly 20mL/tube. That should be the best way IMO.

BTW how many Litres of gearoil does Punto need?? I found that at least for Liqui Moly, a concentration of 1 Tube/Litre works best. 1 tube has 20mL additive IIRC. Hope it doesn't get too expensive for you.

Regards,
Shashi
Punto and Linea gearbox needs about 1.7 litres of Gearbox oil.
nkrishnap is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 11:13   #626
Team-BHP Support

Meanwhile, the courier guy brought this home. Getting ready to welcome the monsoon showers.

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_20170531_111109.jpg

Quote:
Hope it doesn't get too expensive for you.
Which brings me to the question - The recommended interval for gearbox oil change is 60k. With the additive added, will it last till 60k kms, or would require an earlier change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Look up Xado products. I have had the additive in my gearbox for a couple of years and it has really helped the shift quality. I also decide to try out the fully synthetic engine oil on my last oil change, and that too has made a noticeable difference in engine smoothness and to rev a bit quicker than the stock oil in my Jet.

http://xado.co.in/.
Thank you. Surely checking Xado products as well. Hope this is the right one -

XADO Gel-Revitalizant For Mechanical Gear Boxes https://www.amazon.in/dp/B000ASDK7M/..._PBLlzbCGYZ4NG
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 11:15   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
]

Which brings me to the question - The recommended interval for gearbox oil change is 60k. With the additive added, will it last till 60k kms, or would require an earlier change?

XADO Gel-Revitalizant For Mechanical Gear Boxes https://www.amazon.in/dp/B000ASDK7M/..._PBLlzbCGYZ4NG
Xado is one time additive. Add once and forget is what they claim. But adding 9 ml costing 900 bucks once in 60k kms would not do much harm I believe. Hope this answers both your queries.
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 11:27   #628
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, that's the one and as nkrishnap said it's supposed to be a one time treatment. You can try it and see if it makes a difference and then decide if you want to use it again. It will take about a 1,000 km to start taking effect so don't expect magic from the start.

Last edited by keroo1099 : 31st May 2017 at 11:29.
keroo1099 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 14:11   #629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

]
For the Liqui Moly additive, you need to follow the usual drain interval(60k in your case). Nothing special. While some sites claim the additive to be a one time application, I don't think it will last the lifetime of a vehicle.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 09:23   #630
Team-BHP Support

Small milestone update - 1,45,000 kms. The next one (if all goes well) should be big.

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img20170603214647_800.jpg

A thin line between genius and insanity - Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - 2,00,000 km up! Edit: Sold-img_5031_800.jpg

The 18.8 kmpl figure in the first pic is interesting because this was through Bangalore outer ring road from HSR layout to Hebbal. I'm used to seeing much lesser figures, in Bangalore where traffic is not less even on Saturday late evenings.

Could be positive effect of Liqui Moli.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th June 2017 at 09:36.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks