Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2012, 15:24   #16
BHPian

Re: Mercedes ML350 CDI : 14 months of ownership

This is indeed shocking. I guess the Europeans need to learn from the Japanese when it comes to producing quality cars and servicing them

This is right time for likes of Lexus and Infiniti to capture the market.
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 19:43   #17

@Vijayraj1890 : Thanks for putting it on facebook! I sincerely appreciate your action.
@To everyone who has responded to this post :
I've escalated this matter to MB. Their customer relationship GM..i guess he is called Mr. Vaibhav and he was very numb to talk to! he could only reply me in yes/no and like i have mentioned in my post that they are courteous & soft spoken but that does not help me any way. Their service manager Mr. Mukte had made a courtesy visit to see me & has been functional in getting things done upto an extent but not completely.

I was waiting to see if things sorted out by itself but I had enough! so with the support of Team-bhp I would ensure that they have a hard time working up for their reputation if this is the way they deal with customers.
We would also take a legal action against them subsequently.

There still remains a pending shock absorber noise issue which to them is operational noise but that comes only from one suspension (front RHS)!! ;-) So according their theory..just 1 absorber is operational! others aren't!
We had asked dealership to check on the noise after fitting a new AIRMATIC and see if it persists but instead they just re-torqued all connecting parts! and to my despair the noise still remains!
Old 13th September 2012, 07:50   #18
Team-BHP Support

Mitul

During the Mercedes Star Drive in Bangalore in May, Vid6639 and myself discussed the issue about M Class reliability with the sale director Kaushik Bhattacharya and I sent him the link to this thread.

Have you had a response ?
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:06   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Mitul

During the Mercedes Star Drive in Bangalore in May, Vid6639 and myself discussed the issue about M Class reliability with the sale director Kaushik Bhattacharya and I sent him the link to this thread.

Have you had a response ?
Dear Ajmat,

Thanks for pursuing the matter with them! Since this post I have seen some kind of seriousness in their responses especially when we have a problem or at routine service however there has been no personal approach from them so far & specifically related to the earlier issues.

As on today, vehicle is at their Ahmedabad workshop for service @ 30k kms. They have agreed to change 2 tyres + 4 alloys at their cost since they were damaged while towing in their custody. Seems that the task has been undertaken on cost sharing basis beftween MB & Dealer.

Will keep you posted for any mishap or even for the goodies from them until I own this vehicle.

Thanks Again!!
Old 7th March 2013, 18:57   #20
BHPian

Any update on how your car is doing?
Am thinking of picking up the new ML. What is your view?
Cheers
Old 10th March 2013, 11:17   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphin1 View Post
Any update on how your car is doing?
Am thinking of picking up the new ML. What is your view?
Cheers
Hi,
My SUV was doing good later until it had a fatal accident on NH8 around Feb 1st week. It may go in for a competitive total loss as indicated by insurers.

As far as your query goes Mercedes engines/gear box/safety/build quality sets highest standards in industry.
I have personally not driven the new ML 350 but make sure that you test it yourself & go for the V6 350 only. ML 250 is a joke for a SUV.

Let me know the deals you've received!
Old 6th April 2013, 05:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitul.k View Post
Hi,
My SUV was doing good later until it had a fatal accident on NH8 around Feb 1st week. It may go in for a competitive total loss as indicated by insurers.
That's shocking news! I hope there were no major injuries from that accident for everyone involved and that by "fatal" you're referring only to the vehicle.

Do keep us posted on how the insurance claim goes, best wishes and drive safe.
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:38   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motored Mindset View Post
That's shocking news! I hope there were no major injuries from that accident for everyone involved and that by "fatal" you're referring only to the vehicle.

Do keep us posted on how the insurance claim goes, best wishes and drive safe.

My vehicle was hit from the rear & was driven by me. I was standing idle in a traffic jam & the truck driver from the second lane cut into the first lane overlooking the jam and bangggggggggggg!! My MB was pushed into an Innova ahead of me & that moved into another two cars!!
There was no casualties. Must appreciated MB built quality & the way it handled the impact. We actually didn't feel the shock! it was only to our ears (glass shattering)

We are still negotiating with Bharti Axa. Will let you know the outcome. Only to say that it has not been pleasant so far inspite of having a premium policy with addons.
mitul.k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:15   #24
BHPian

Hi Mitul,
Glad to know you and your family members are safe despite strong impact. Fortunately, unreliable car saved you with battle tank like built quality of merc. Hope your insurance related issues get sorted at the earliest
Old 8th July 2013, 16:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Another issue with GL
https://www.facebook.com/MercedesBen...omment_mention

'Prepare to be stranded on the road during rainy season with Mercedes-Benz India...... with their world class products with recurring issues. You buy a mercedes but it should not be used in the rain. Why??? Well the sensors get wet and it stalls your car.'

' it gets stuck everytime the rains come.... seems that the 4 wheel drive or 4matic as they say is allergice to rain;'

'. I am going thru this for the 7th time. Each time as they say they have replaced it with a upgraded part n I believe them... but in the end we r the fools to believe them.'

Some comments by him on fb. The car belongs to my friend.
Old 15th July 2013, 15:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Our ML 250CDI started rattling from the hatch within a couple of months & 4,000 odd kms! When we complained to Autohangar, they said it will take 4 days to return the car! Even after that the problem was not solved which was explained to them before we took delivery of the car. A few days later Autohangar called and said they will send a technician to our home to check out the car and if it can't be solved he will take the car to the dealership, solve the problem and return it to us. That was to happen last Friday. Neither did they call nor did anyone show up. Again, we have gone through the complaining process and now they have promised to send someone over this Friday.

Meanwhile, we wrote to Mercedes on their facebook page about the poor level's of service, but Mercedes just isn't bothered. We got the standard corporate speak of regret and requesting for our contact details so they can take some action. Even after sending them the car registeration number and our contact detail's they didn't take any action.

Admittedly, the problem we are facing is pretty minor compared to the GL class problem listed above but then Autohangar seems to have over-promised on what they could deliver. It's said customer's get more irritated with the response to problems then against the problem itself. If only Mercedes & Autohangar understood this. A minor issue of rattle should have been handled professionally by them. A botch up in handling a minor issue like this has seriously shaken our confidence in their ability to solve bigger problems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks