Team-BHP - My new Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 Invex -The Automatic Karma!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   My new Mitsubishi Lancer 1.8 Invex -The Automatic Karma! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/11955-my-new-mitsubishi-lancer-1-8-invex-automatic-karma-2.html)

i had seen one in mumbai before i got my 1.5 ohc. the best used car i have ever seen, a 2004 model in 205 for 6 lakhs not negotiable. car wasn't as quick as i expected it to be and the probable depreciation scared the daylights out of me.

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson
i had seen one in mumbai before i got my 1.5 ohc. the best used car i have ever seen, a 2004 model in 205 for 6 lakhs not negotiable. car wasn't as quick as i expected it to be and the probable depreciation scared the daylights out of me.

manson.

If in early 2005 the price was too good. yes the depriciation is not good as a honda city but its still better than the baleno. so I will say its kinda average. Nothin to be so scared about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
Since 1.8 was launched last year, I am not sure you would get this in second hand market

Actually it was launched in 2004. I remember this one coz I test drove one b4 leaving for Toronto:) on 31 dec 2004

some questions for you

1. How is the interior quality compared to your expectations and the other cars you test drove? How is the interior dash quality?

2. What tyres is your car running on? 13" or 14" are they tubeless?

3. How is the ride quality? are the jerks felt?

4. Do you find the power window motors weak?

Congrats on your new ride. I too just bought a lancer (second hand) about a month back.

Also wanted to know if you too feel that the power window motors are weak, compared to other cars... maybe I should get mine serviced or something...

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf
Congrats on your new ride. I too just bought a lancer (second hand) about a month back.

Also wanted to know if you too feel that the power window motors are weak, compared to other cars... maybe I should get mine serviced or something...

the motors are weak. Just see that you dont use all at the same time.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
some questions for you

1. How is the interior quality compared to your expectations and the other cars you test drove? How is the interior dash quality?

2. What tyres is your car running on? 13" or 14" are they tubeless?

3. How is the ride quality? are the jerks felt?

4. Do you find the power window motors weak?

Hi Devarshi, here are the answers:

1. The interior quality is definitely a major improvement over older Lancers. I saw some older Lancers at service station and their plain interiors are major let-off. I definitely feel they could have done better here but 2006 interiors are much better nevertheless.

2. I changed to 185/70/R-14 Michelin and Evo OEM alloys (14") and these are tubeless. Zero road or tyre noise in cabin.

3. Ride quality is superb, it absolutely glides over small potholes and rumble strips.

4. Yes, the power windows take forever to wind-up, this could have been better,

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf

Yes, the power windows are weak.

Do u think this car can beat the NHC vtec? I have read the mags where the performance figures are pretty similar.

and also please let us know how much time do u drive in tip-tronic and how much time in Automatic.

congrats rishi on ur purchase......very nice review happy revvinnn

Quote:

Do u think this car can beat the NHC vtec? I have read the mags where the performance figures are pretty similar.

I really cant comment on this as i have not driven NHC vtec. But what i feel is that Invecs might not beat a vtec in quarter mile but on a long stretch and above 3500 rpm, it could kill...and i vouch by this as I raced with a Skoda 2.0 MPI near Mumbai on my way back from Delhi. He was able to beat me on gear shift as even in tip-tronic invecs shift is auto but on curves I was able to beat Skoda easily. And on long stretches I had him on my trail.

Quote:

and also please let us know how much time do u drive in tip-tronic and how much time in Automatic.

I drive most of the time in Automatic, the automatic with it's adapting (learning drive style) ability is awesome. I use tiptronic usually to teach a lesson to drivers who try and race generally skodas, though I have not been able to find anyone trying to act smart with SkodaRS but would love to compete with RS even if I may not beat it...but tough cometition is assured.

By the way...it drinks petrol in tip-tronic mode...the FE may drop to 8.5 (worst scenario)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
I drive most of the time in Automatic, the automatic with it's adapting (learning drive style) ability is awesome. I use tiptronic usually to teach a lesson to drivers who try and race generally skodas, though I have not been able to find anyone trying to act smart with SkodaRS but would love to compete with RS even if I may not beat it...but tough cometition is assured.

By the way...it drinks petrol in tip-tronic mode...the FE may drop to 8.5 (worst scenario)

I will be waiting for that Competition with RS update of yours.lol:

Competetion to the RS!!!! Wow, thats one charged up Rishilol: . Will be waiting for that result for sure!

Cheers

Rishi are you planning on any modifications for this car?