Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 17:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mr.Figo: Two years and 25k ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I had a Titanium 1.4 tdci (August 11) with ABS, I feel that the brakes were quite adequate..
Doesn't the ABS versions have a bigger discs up front. Probably why the braking is better.

I have to agree the braking is quite bad, especially north of 100, the pedal it self feels like stepping on a rock and pumping the pedal is the only way to shed speed quickly.
Old 20th June 2012, 19:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Good to always hear from a happy Figo owner. Congrats.
My Petrol ZXi Figo just completed 25K last week. Planning to take it for regular service next week.
For the brakes, I would advice you to get the pads replaced under warranty.
I had been to elite ford and the SA had told me that pads were to be replaced but he had given a reason for me not being eligible for replacement(i dont remember what reason exactly now) . I am planning to get it checked at Cauvery Ford(M'lore) next time i visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
My Figo has 28K + on the clock. No issues so far. The Mileage is good, the turbo spools pretty quickly. The suspension and steering are the icing on the case. It is an entertaining car to drive in the city and perfect for point and scoot stuff. The cround clearance can be better though. tHe Mileage does drop significantly with the AC on . That said, the AC is a chiller.
Agree with you GC could have been better. With 1 or 2 ppl on board no issues. But 4-5 adult on board with luggage is a different story. But good thing, even though you have under scraps it never caused any problems to me so far(mechanically/electrically)

One suggestion on FE. Reduce your speed with AC. For example if you are driving without AC at 80-90, with AC reduce to 70-80. From what i noticed is you need press a little more of accelerator when AC is on to maintain same speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Nice and crisp review. Have you faced the figo diesel engine 'stall' issue ever? From what i know, a number of figo owners face this problem. Figo is a great car, but the engine stall issue seems like a big worry for the prospective buyers.
I did face stall issue at the start. I was so much used to more powerful petrol motors (Esteem,Ikon,Optra) and Innova, getting adjusted to gear ratios of Figo was little tough and resulted in stalling. But now that 25K KM i hardly make the car stall. Get your gear slotting right the no more stalls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
What is this stall issue you refer to? Have just booked a Fido Tdci so am very curious.
The car switches off when you accelerate. For example you approach a road hump in 2nd gear, post departure if you dont downshift to 1st the car stops(engine stalls).
Nothing serious. Its not an issue infact. You just need to get used to.
Don't go buy same gears as a petrol of more powerful diesel car.
Old 20th June 2012, 19:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Doesn't the ABS versions have a bigger discs up front. Probably why the braking is better.

I have to agree the braking is quite bad, especially north of 100, the pedal it self feels like stepping on a rock and pumping the pedal is the only way to shed speed quickly.
Agree with you. Braking is a let down atleast in the non-ABS version.
Wonder how much would it cost the company to provide better brakes(larger disks,drum and better pads).

Also i guess petrol engine lighter braking is marginally better than the diesel version.
Old 21st June 2012, 15:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Agree with you. Braking is a let down atleast in the non-ABS version.
Wonder how much would it cost the company to provide better brakes(larger disks,drum and better pads).

Also i guess petrol engine lighter braking is marginally better than the diesel version.
I am not aware of the diesels braking since I have only test driven one for a short distance.
Yes, the braking otherwise is good at slow speeds.(upto around 85-90kmh).

I learnt about the high speed bad brakes in a shocking way. I was doing 100+ on the Hosur road just before E-City cut off were there was a signal red. I decided to leave the braking late as I was overtaking a truck and when I hit the brake pedal, it was rock hard! In the panic, I did not have the presence of mind to lift and hit the pedal again which would have helped.

When I realized I was going to hit the car in the front which was at the signal, I weaved the car left and then right and ended up stopping right at the rear bumper of the car in front, much to amusement of that driver who was watching the whole episode in his rear view mirror

Bottom line- Beware of the braking at high speeds

Last edited by tharian : 21st June 2012 at 15:36. Reason: added missing words
Old 24th June 2012, 20:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

An issue got sorted out today
From almost past 2 months the car used to throw a 'knack' kinda sound when the car moves through a road hump or a depression. This did not happen all the time. Usually when the car was little fast.
The sound used to come from underneath the car somewhere below dashboard.

Had taken car to Metro Ford ,they too heard it but could not get it resolved due to lack of time.

Today took it to Cauvery Ford M'lore. They too heard it. 10 min later the problem solved.

Cause: A small stone, little bigger than Rs 5 coin got stuck in left arm. So every time there was some action on arm there was a sound. Happy the issue is solved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks