Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 20:49   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe

To add to the above post by Bopanna, have a look at this picture posted by him sometime back.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-scan0003.jpg
In this picture, you can clearly see the roll-over bar and also the silver portion of the hard-top that can be removed.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 10:18   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbopanna View Post
Yes Thilak, it would.
Nice work. I'm looking forward to see how it shapes up at the end.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 12:53   #78
BHPian

Quote:

I request any forum member with access to neck restraints of a Honda City ZX (both left and right) to kindly help me out, I do not mind paying a reasonable amount for them, I shall be very grateful!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
3 options and I do not know if you ve tried them already:
1. Go to Shivaji Nagar and try to get them, if not from the City, then some other car.
Quote:
Devdath, thanks for the suggestions

1) Tried at Shivajinagar, first of all the City ZX seats are not in stock & no one is willing to sell the neck-restraints without the seats

Regards,
Thanks for your support everybody, managed to get a pair of neck-restraints from Shivajinagar late last night @ Rs. 500 (for the pair)
Old 5th September 2012, 11:24   #79
BHPian

cool mods, there Sir and when will get to ride it ? and secondly is there enough head room in the rear for the passenger or is it restricted to short guys only.
Old 8th September 2012, 09:59   #80
Senior - BHPian

So have you received the Hard Top from Italy? Eagerly waiting to see the fit and finish pics as well as pics from the removable section. Please do post detailed pics and report.
Old 13th October 2012, 20:54   #81
BHPian

The Italian Job - Work-in-progress

Dear All

After an agonizing wait of nearly 2 months after making full payment, one month by sea from Italy to Chennai (through Singapore), 25 days to clear the cargo through Chennai customs, upteen mails, telephone calls to the supplier, clearing & forwarding agent, and lots of money changing hands, I finally got my Italian Hard Top door delivered yesterday.

Having worked with the fraternity of mechanics in Bangalore, good sense prevailed and I decided NOT to use ANY of them to install the Hard-top.

I brought two of my trusted mechanics from Coorg (each with 30+ years of experience and who have worked with me for more than 20 years) to complete the Italian job. After having spent a fortune on the Italian Hard Top (I dont want to disclose the amount on a public forum), the least I could do was to use the BEST possible mechanics I have ever known.

I have attached pictures of work-in-progress.

Regards!
Attached Thumbnails
Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-top-view.jpg  

Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-profile-fixed-portion.jpg  

Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-another-profile.jpg  

Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-front-three-quarter-profile-fixed-portion.jpg  

Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-rear-three-quarter-profile-fixed-portion.jpg  

Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-rear-view.jpg  

Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-removable-portion.jpg  

cpbopanna is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 21:35   #82
Team-BHP Support

Your Thar looks excellent. Thanks for sharing the WIP pics. Looking forward to the final pics.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 21:45   #83
Senior - BHPian

cpbopanna, your Thar looks awesome. You may have spent a fortune to get this HT, but as far as the looks are concerned, very few will come close. You must have, by now, noticed the subtle details in Italian design with this HT. Good luck.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 21:56   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR
cpbopanna, your Thar looks awesome. You may have spent a fortune to get this HT, but as far as the looks are concerned, very few will come close. You must have, by now, noticed the subtle details in Italian design with this HT. Good luck.

Spike
Agreed Spike, the look and fit & finish are indeed commendable!
Trust the Italians doing anything lesser!
These are just teaser pictures, will upload final pictures tomorrow!
Regards!
Old 14th October 2012, 18:26   #85
BHPian

Ihe Italian Job - Completed pictures

Dear All,

Attached are the pictures of the finished product, my apologies, pictures are not very clear due to poor lighting, weather suddenly turned cloudy!

Junked the original Mahindra chrome bull bar and went back to the classic Jeep look, with the IND number plates. The rear number-plate has been fixed on the original factory-fitted number plate, by reducing the size of the 'bill-board' (to give the number plate additional rigidity) and painting it black, whilst at the same time, retaining the number plate light!

To make the rear door lockable, the lock from the tool box has been re-located to the rear door, so that the rear door can be locked/opened from outside using the original Mahindra key! Otherwise, one would have to use acrobatics to traverse from the front through two rows of forward facing seats to come to the rear of the Jeep to open the locked rear door!

Regards!
Attached Thumbnails
Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-rear-view.jpg  

Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-front-left-three-quarter.jpg  

Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-rear-left-three-quarter.jpg  

Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-rear-right-three-quarter.jpg  

Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-front-right-three-quarter.jpg  

Call of the wild - Mahindra Thar CRDe-front-view.jpg  

cpbopanna is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 16:48   #86

Quote:
Ihe Italian Job - Completed pictures

Dear All,

Attached are the pictures of the finished product, my apologies, pictures are not very clear due to poor lighting, weather suddenly turned cloudy!

Junked the original Mahindra chrome bull bar and went back to the classic Jeep look, with the IND number plates. The rear number-plate has been fixed on the original factory-fitted number plate, by reducing the size of the 'bill-board' (to give the number plate additional rigidity) and painting it black, whilst at the same time, retaining the number plate light!

To make the rear door lockable, the lock from the tool box has been re-located to the rear door, so that the rear door can be locked/opened from outside using the original Mahindra key! Otherwise, one would have to use acrobatics to traverse from the front through two rows of forward facing seats to come to the rear of the Jeep to open the locked rear door!

Regards!
Hi Bopanna! You Thar looks pretty neat with the Italian hard top. Hows the sound insulation after installing the hard top. If anyone is interested I can get them the same top for INR 145,000/- delivered to their door step (only main cities).

There is a minimum order of 6nos required so that we can we avail this price. The lead time for delivery would be 6-8weeks.
Old 17th October 2012, 10:05   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoy

Hi Bopanna! You Thar looks pretty neat with the Italian hard top. Hows the sound insulation after installing the hard top. If anyone is interested I can get them the same top for INR 145,000/- delivered to their door step (only main cities).

There is a minimum order of 6nos required so that we can we avail this price. The lead time for delivery would be 6-8weeks.
Thank you Renoy

I have used my Jeep for a very short drive after installing the Hard Top.

It's too early to judge, but it appears absolutely noiseless inside, almost like a car!

Further, the infamous 'Targa' band is well supported, both by the Hard Top and the South African roll over cage, hence no door rattles!

Regarding the buying of Hard Tops in bulk, I had posted earlier on the forum, there was no response!
Old 17th October 2012, 10:14   #88
BHPian

Quote:

Further, the infamous 'Targa' band is well supported, both by the Hard Top and the South African roll over cage, hence no door rattles!
Just curious; from where did you get the Targa band made in Bangalore? Please share the information as I am looking to get one made for my Thar. Would you need the SA roll cage only or can it be fastened on the Indian roll cage?
Old 17th October 2012, 10:21   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueintrepid

Just curious; from where did you get the Targa band made in Bangalore? Please share the information as I am looking to get one made for my Thar. Would you need the SA roll cage only or can it be fastened on the Indian roll cage?
The Targa band is the B Pillar, end-to-end, and part of any Jeep (540/550/Thar).

It is easy to attach the Targa band to 3 points in the South African roll-over cage, there is a provision on the top, plus seat belt mounting points on both the sides can be used.

However, I am not aware if the Indian roll-over cage has a similar provision.
Maybe BD can clarify!
cpbopanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 11:41   #90
BHPian

Quote:
The Targa band is the B Pillar, end-to-end, and part of any Jeep (540/550/Thar).

It is easy to attach the Targa band to 3 points in the South African roll-over cage, there is a provision on the top, plus seat belt mounting points on both the sides can be used.

However, I am not aware if the Indian roll-over cage has a similar provision.
Maybe BD can clarify!
Thanks for the prompt response. Could you also please share information on how you went about procuring the SA Roll over cage? I have read your previous post with the accessory numbers, but did not find this information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks