Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2012, 15:03   #61

Re: My very own Vermillion Red BMW 320d

Congrats on the car. By the way, have followed your posts in the Booked car thread since we were looking for an upgrade from our swift from 2010. We went to both Deutsche motoren and Bird Automotive and after some talk were able to get a white corp ed 2011 model from Bird Auto. It was delivered in March and so far have done about 1800 kms in it. So thanks for the info and the write up. Happy and Safe driving !!!
atulshikhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 16:14   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Btw I have always wondered how does it feel driving an expensive car in India like BMWs/mercs/audis ? I think i would be little over paranoid with everyone trying to side scrape you on the roads
It was a bit scary initially since it was a big upgrade. The only thing I really have to worry about is boy racers on the highways who think they can race with a bimmer and then end up taking too many risks or coming too close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Many congratulations Elantracrdi05. Your experience is one of the dreams I wish will come true for me someday - going from a Jap car to a BMW.
Santro / Elantra are Korean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Sweet rims... always liked them. You certainly need black 3D Kagu floor mats though. The current ones are destroying the interior.

Impressive average speed and FE. Do you stay on one end of Buddh straight and work at the other?
I completely agree and will be throwing out these mats. Any inputs on where I can get the Kagu 3d blacks? Any website that I can go to?

I broadly get an average speed of about 33-36 kmph which is quite achievable in Delhi / Gurgaon. The balance was the 2000+ km on my two road trips which were at an average of 75-80 kmph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Congrats on your new buy. It is one of the fantastic write up i have read in the recent.
Hi-five to your wife on understanding the happiness of you and should be proud of it.

It is an inspiring write up...from Santro --> a melon Elantra --> 320d.

I moved like Zen ---> a melon Accent CRDi --> i20 CRDi (looking forward to BMW by 2020).

Thanks for sharing and have a very long miles with smile.
Many thanks! I will pray for you that 2020 becomes 2015! No point enjoying these vehicles at the wrong end of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Congrats on your german girlfriend. I'm sure your wife MUST have already taunted you for spending more time with her.
Your color choice is awesome. Never seen BMW look soooo.. gooood.. The road presence of this car must be eye-popping.

I have never liked those transparent mats, IMO they look cheap. Sorry but that's my personal view.
Secondly I would suggest you get some STANLEY on those seats. As you mentioned earlier that you clock almost 20-25k annully, dirtied seats can make a nice car look bad.
Sometime down the line you can get those alloys painted matt-black & she will become too hot to handle.

Drive safe bro.

Raab rakha.
Thanks! Wife is still very supporting on the car. Sometimes I do get a stinker when she sees me spending an hour photographing the car. I have never spent that much time photographing her *wink*

Stanley over the Excl edition dakota? C'mon you must be joking. You need to feel (nay caress) this to believe how nice it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I agree about the mats. KAGU mats, or even much cheaper packy poda mats in black will look better.

Stanley? But these seats are pretty high quality leather and being white they will get dirty. But I suggest that detailing be done twice a year to the interior, where the leather is steam cleaned etc. Will make it look brand new.

As for alloys, gunmetal/graphite will look crazy with this red. Now I'm wishing I had got the red colour.
Akshay, I remember the photoshop effort of gunmetal alloys on yours. I am tempted, so very tempted. I too agree that it will look awesome. Leather detailing every 3-4 months should be ok. I love it too much to see that grime on it.

OT, its amazing how many people who own bimmers loved this colour but never bought it. You make me feel special!!!
elantracrdi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 16:19   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post
Akshay, I remember the photoshop effort of gunmetal alloys on yours. I am tempted, so very tempted. I too agree that it will look awesome. Leather detailing every 3-4 months should be ok. I love it too much to see that grime on it.

OT, its amazing how many people who own bimmers loved this colour but never bought it. You make me feel special!!!
The gunmetal is happening on mine soon

I saw this colour on a corp ed and didnt like it But only after buying my car did I see an exclusive with this colour, and it looked great. I didn't even think about buying this because I wanted saddle brown and this colour didn't come with saddle brown. At least it was not in stock. Come to think about it, Deep sea blue or this colour with oyster would have also been a good choice.
Old 16th June 2012, 16:40   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post
Santro / Elantra are Korean
Yes bro I know LOL! I was referring to a dream in my case - going from a Jap car (Toyota) to a BMW

Cheers!
Old 16th June 2012, 18:18   #65
BHPian

nice colour ! please do not do any coating or shining .
Old 17th June 2012, 19:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hey, have a look at this link for floor mats.

BMW 3Series Star Mats,BMW 3 Series Car Mats,BMW 3 Series Car Floor Mats Suppliers India

Cheers
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 17th June 2012 at 19:29.
Old 17th June 2012, 21:00   #67
BHPian

I advice on BMW original mats, they may be a little expansive but worth every penny. Quality is superb and fitting just snug.
Old 17th June 2012, 21:07   #68
BHPian

I am not sure, whether I like your choice of car more, or the way you have written it. Either way, I am glad you got your wife to agree to go for it. Enjoy the car, and Drive SAFE.
krivbel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 23:33   #69
BHPian

Congrats! That's one heck of a drive - I speak from experience
And a very rare color too! Always been a fan of Bimers and Mercs - never Audi. You will have a great experience driving this German beauty!

Just be careful about those run-flats... they are a pain. Don't speed through craters on the road - sidewalls on the Tyre are not for the Indian roads.
Old 18th June 2012, 06:57   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Hey, have a look at this link for floor mats.

BMW 3Series Star Mats,BMW 3 Series Car Mats,BMW 3 Series Car Floor Mats Suppliers India

Cheers
Sameer
Thanks Sameer, appreciate the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
I advice on BMW original mats, they may be a little expansive but worth every penny. Quality is superb and fitting just snug.
Rishi, if I remember correctly, they cost you in the region of 6k? I am regretting not seeing your car in more detail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Congrats! That's one heck of a drive - I speak from experience

Just be careful about those run-flats... they are a pain.
Thanks - that is a heck of a garage you have!
Old 18th June 2012, 10:12   #71
Senior - BHPian

WOW! a superb writeup.

I think we caught you over Udyog Vihar flyover after toll around 12.30 pm on Saturday. Colour was same and reg. plate starts with HR. I briefed your story of upgrade from Satro to 320D to my wify while we were driving side to side for sometimes in our Beat.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 18th June 2012, 10:22   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
WOW! a superb writeup.

I think we caught you over Udyog Vihar flyover after toll around 12.30 pm on Saturday. Colour was same and reg. plate starts with HR. I briefed your story of upgrade from Satro to 320D to my wify while we were driving side to side for sometimes in our Beat.

Cheers!

Vinu
Thanks for the wishes. There is another red 320d Exclusive roaming around Gurgaon these days. Infact, I saw an exclusive ed 320d in this colour a few months back and that's what made up my mind on the colour. I wasn't near the toll road this saturday at that time - was seeing a movie so I guess it was my 'inspiration' that you saw
Old 18th June 2012, 10:24   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05
Rishi, if I remember correctly, they cost you in the region of 6k? I am regretting not seeing your car in more detail!
I think I paid around 7-8k for entire set (they are sold separately for front and back). They have mechanism to lock them in place thus fitting is perfect. The rubber quality is top notch.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 12:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

Wow ! Off late, this forum has been infused by a healthy dose of 320d's !!
Speaks volumes of its sheer popularity.
Enjoyed reading your experience. Congratulations and wish you endless happy miles with the ultimate driving machine.
cheers !
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 13:15   #75
BHPian

Sirji thanks for such a lovely writeup and many congratulations for the new acquisition. You surely have the best diesel driver's car this side of 30 lacs. And the color!!! Well its just amazing! I never thought that red would look so good on the bmw. For me BMW was all about black and blue but now its about red as well!

Would love to see more day time pics of this beauty.
ashish22 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks