Old 11th September 2013, 22:56   #46
Senior - BHPian

An encounter with Ultimate Detailerz

What we started with

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070237.jpg

And what we transformed her into

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070274_1.jpg

It just happened by chance.

Its really been long time since I updated this thread. Well, I'am happy I am updating about something really great. My car recently went into the good books of Ultimate Detailerz and they were able to work on their magic on Wittels.

It started with me leaving a message on Meguiars India Facebook page to enquire about availability of Meguiars Wash and Wax anywhere product. They were a little late to reply but Mohsin messaged me about another product that met my requirements - the Ultima Waterless Wash. Just casually I asked about getting my car detailed (I was thinking of going for Opti coat 2.0 that I'd read about earlier). Mohsin asked me details about my car and for the blue he suggested the CQuartz instead! And who's to argue with the expert. I immediately setup time with him for one saturday to work on my car.

On the D-day we met at his work location at around 10am. It was to be hard and arduous 6-7 hours of labor on my car to make it look spectacular. The start was always going to be a nice wash, given the condition it was in, thanks no partly to all the rains we've been blessed with in this part of the world. I guess it would do more justice to leave out the gory details and tell the tale using pictures instead.

The wash ritual (there was pressure hose too)

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070238.jpg

Next it was removal of iron contaminants. The product used was IronX

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070246.jpg

The whole car bled profusely when de-ironated! Very prominent on the alloys

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070248.jpg

All washed up and ready for all that to come

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070249.jpg

Attention to detail while cleaning the remaining hard to reach places

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070251.jpg

All set for surface treatments now

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070255.jpg

We saw fair amount of swirls and fine scratches all over. So first act was to remove them. Actually all along (I thought) I'd taken good care of my car. Always used Jopasu duster for cleaning (self) and Meguiars products (QD, Ultimate Polish, Ultimate Quik Wax etc) to take care of paint. But swirls were still there. The man set out to conquer them

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070256.jpg

And voila they were gone! Before applying the coating of cQuartz, there was a need to remove any polish from the surface. They again used another product called Eraser. the result

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070261.jpg

Engine bay also got priority treatment. It was heartening to see them meticulously cleaning it using small brushes! Sorry I forgot the product used here.

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070263.jpg

Now is the time for coating. cQuartz is a premium product from CarPro and Mohsin used the cQuartz UK edition for my car.

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070266.jpg

It is a specialized job and I think it took more than an hour of painstaking work on each panel to finish the job. We had couple of people to look at from all possible angles to check for any streaks or imperfections that were promptly ironed out. The result was beyond satisfactory

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070267.jpg

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070270.jpg

This picture I am proud to show off as my car!

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070274.jpg

The last final touches before take off

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070275.jpg

All done! Wittels in her full glory

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-_9070276.jpg

Before leaving I also picked up a drying magnet towel and a bottle of Ultima Waterless Wash concentrate

I dont think my pictures or this report does full justice to the wonderful work done by Mohsin and his team on my car but nonetheless its a small tribute to his amazing work. I'd totally recommend Ultimate Detailerz to anybody and everybody interested in best possible paint care for their beloved cars.
joslicx is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 09:09   #47
BHPian

Re: The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT

Wow! For a moment I thought you did some mistake while uploading pics!!! How could you transform your Vento to a City? Amazing Job done. Your car looks like it has been just delivered.
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 14:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
Wow! For a moment I thought you did some mistake while uploading pics!!! How could you transform your Vento to a City? Amazing Job done. Your car looks like it has been just delivered.
haha Thanks. Yes it was quite amazing job done by Mohsin and his team.

Even after three weeks its still the same (has been thru many rains in this time). The real good thing is ease of maintenance! Just a 2 min chore of Jopasu wiping every other day is enough. And every sunday I just use UWW and that is also just a 15 min job! No more washing/claying/polishing/waxing etc!
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 23:45   #49
Senior - BHPian

A short report of my recent visit at Ultimate Detailerz. Basically they inspected how good the C-Quartz treatment was holding up and I came back with an awesomely gleaming car

The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT-dsc_0294.jpg

Here's the complete report
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3375344
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 14:30   #50
BHPian

Hi Joslicz,

No update on your beauty in a long time. I wanted to see how she is holding up and your experiences

Regards,
Kvothe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks