Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 20:41   #76
BHPian

re: Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+

Update on the repair:

After a restless night, I woke up really early and went out to check the damage. Fortunately, it wasn't as bad as it seemed in the dark. Driving to Kashyap (25 KMs from my home) did not make sense for a minor damage. Took it to a neighbourhood bodyshop and he did a decent job. Fixing a Linea's bumper is a very tough job due to difficult to reach slots for screws. Nothing had broken thus, the original clips and screws were put back. He asked for Rs 250 and it seemed very reasonable for a 30-40 minutes task.

This is how it looked in morning.

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img00654201302010745.jpg

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img00655201302010745.jpg

This is how it looked after the repair.

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img00657201302011149.jpg

The bumper guy rubbed the scratch but it was an eye and heart sore. I took the car to Express Car Wash in Noida and got it rubbed and waxed. This is how it looks after the work done by Express guys. All the pics are from my Blackberry so, please excuse the quality of pics.

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img00671201302011607.jpg

Express guys working on Crusoe:

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img00664201302011550.jpg

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-img00672201302011608.jpg

Biraj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2013, 00:57   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

It feels really sad when such a thing happens. Like the saying all is well that ends well.

The Jet is back after the repair and prey that you don't be a victim again.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2013, 19:15   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
the original clips and screws were put back. He asked for Rs 250 and it seemed very reasonable for a 30-40 minutes task.
Biraj, I had completely forgotten to mention this during our meet.

Were the original screws still in place? Or did he put local replacements?

In case of the latter, can you get it changed? The local ones are not powder coated and will rust and the head will become totally corroded and unusable if it is required to be unscrewed later on, after few days of under-body water splashes.

God forbid, you come across another drunk Scorpio or a share auto VIKRAM, and you have this rusted screw, which cannot be opened or dislodged, there would be no other option but to use this hideous scheme of screwing the bumper onto the chassis from outside. This is one "jugaad" I hate to see, on anyone's car! (The hole drilled onto the chassis, is the gateway to gradual rust buildup...)

This is from personal experience (on one of my in laws vehicle ) and hope this was not too much gyaan from someone relatively novice.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 3rd February 2013 at 19:20.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 17:47   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Biraj, I had completely forgotten to mention this during our meet.

Were the original screws still in place? Or did he put local replacements?
I remember him putting all the original nuts back as they definitely looked rubberised. Now that, you have planted the seed of suspicion, I will check it again. I just can't take any risk with Crusoe as I intend to keep it for many many years.

PS: Gyan is welcome from all sources and directions. That's why I love this forum. I feel like starting a scrap book (like we did in school), "What did you learn today?"
Old 9th February 2013, 11:55   #80
BHPian

I got my linea serviced for 91000kms at kashyap. My initial impressions about Kashyap Fiat are not very positive. At the beginning phase of Fiat exclusive , when there is hardly any workload, they seem disinterested.
The car had bird droppings all over when it was delivered to me. They didn't even bother to clean them and delivered the car to me in that condition only.
I had some issue with the Bootlight not working which I mentioned during job opening. They very conveniently forgot about it and when I asked about that during delivery, they called some electrician who didn't even bother to check properly rather just said that the lock needs to be changed.
I asked the service advisor whether he had updated the service schedule in ECU, He said, yes, but I realized later that it has not been done...
So, in all a not so good experience. My experience with Oberoi has been better in last 2 years. I hope Oberoi continues with a fiat facility otherwise, I don't think if kashyap holds a monopoly for fiat cars in Noida, the customers will be very happy.
Old 9th February 2013, 13:30   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
I got my linea serviced for 91000kms at kashyap. My initial impressions about Kashyap Fiat are not very positive. At the beginning phase of Fiat exclusive , when there is hardly any workload, they seem disinterested.
The car had bird droppings all over when it was delivered to me. They didn't even bother to clean them and delivered the car to me in that condition only.
I had some issue with the Bootlight not working which I mentioned during job opening. They very conveniently forgot about it and when I asked about that during delivery, they called some electrician who didn't even bother to check properly rather just said that the lock needs to be changed.
I asked the service advisor whether he had updated the service schedule in ECU, He said, yes, but I realized later that it has not been done...
So, in all a not so good experience. My experience with Oberoi has been better in last 2 years. I hope Oberoi continues with a fiat facility otherwise, I don't think if kashyap holds a monopoly for fiat cars in Noida, the customers will be very happy.
I had an issue with the boot light in my Linea as well.
Unless its an issue with wiring or the bulb,the whole lock needs to be replaced.Cost is about 3200-3000 at after sales and 2900 for OEM in open market.So you can get it checked from an electrician,then get it replaced outside maybe,which i did. Btw not updating the service counter is nothing new from Fiat,i have noticed that most of them forget or don't do it because customers do not care about it.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 16:33   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I had an issue with the boot light in my Linea as well.
Unless its an issue with wiring or the bulb,the whole lock needs to be replaced.Cost is about 3200-3000 at after sales and 2900 for OEM in open market.So you can get it checked from an electrician,then get it replaced outside maybe,which i did. Btw not updating the service counter is nothing new from Fiat,i have noticed that most of them forget or don't do it because customers do not care about it.
I have asked them to claim extended warranty for the lock. If its Is approved, I will get it replaced, otherwise will try to get it checked with some electrician.
Old 9th February 2013, 17:06   #83
Senior - BHPian

Btw,Biraj I love that Color of your Crusoe.
Don't look around for me if you find a Minimal Grey Linea MJD in the Parking instead of your Crusoe
Old 11th February 2013, 21:38   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
At the beginning phase of Fiat exclusive , when there is hardly any workload, they seem disinterested.
Now this is discouraging indeed! Even I was more or less satisfied with Oberoi, and I thought Kashyap Fiat would be even better. Did you get a chance to speak to Mr.OP Sharma of Him motors fame, who (with his team) is now the service in-charge (word floating around; the website has no mention though).

http://www.kashyapgroup.in/management/management.html

I need to get my P1.2 serviced; second "free" one, and now I am in a dilemma. Especially so, because Oberoi sec63 has shut shop for FIAT.

My car is in great shape and sound touch-wood, and the last thing I want is some mechanic messing it all up.
Old 11th February 2013, 22:17   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Btw,Biraj I love that Color of your Crusoe.
Don't look around for me if you find a Minimal Grey Linea MJD in the Parking instead of your Crusoe
Oh! that's completely OK. Crusoe has a friend to look after him.

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-374179_4913586991594_526690049_n.jpg

The update about Kashyap is very surprising. I heard an extremely positive update from Sid (Sid Indica) and even Architect praised it a lot. I remember Mr. Sharma being a retirement approaching relaxed fellow but he is known to be good with fault diagnosis. I am planning to get Crusoe checked before I head to BIC for the track day. Will update everyone with my experience.
Old 19th February 2013, 21:39   #86
BHPian

Crusoe and I had our first track experience on Sunday at Buddh International Circuit. The track experience is mentioned here.

Let me share the update related to Crusoe. Track day allowed me to test what has been mentioned multiple times on the forum. I am usually very sedate when it comes to driving on public roads. I am not the one that will try taking corners at high speeds to test the car as I feel that our stunts can unsettle others on the road. Thus, I never could test the cornering abilities of my car perfectly (apart from the two trips to Himachal). Moreover, I usually shift gears before reaching 3K RPM and stretch to 4K once in a while. On the track I took it to 6K and heard the roar of engine for probably the first time. The poise it maintained at such speeds is simply brilliant. Even the co-passenger didn't get tossed around when we took the wonderful double apex at the turn 10/11 on BIC at 3 digits speed.

The brakes on T-jet are absolutely brilliant. All four discs combined with ABS made the deceleration from high speeds very easy. I experienced ABS kicking in for probably the first time on my T-jet. The tyres still have life in them, which says a lot as it is the awfully bad Goodyear NCT 5 (stock tyres). They certainly have worn compared to how they entered the track however, it's nothing alarming.

Crusoe (especially the alloys) needs a good wash to get all the brake dust and bug spots off. Will clean it thoroughly over the weekend.
Biraj is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 21:59   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Thats a lovely experience. Any pics from the track day.

The Goodyear Eagle NCTs are good for nothing. Waiting for it get worn out to get new set of tyres. Cursing myself for not exchanging right after taking delivery.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 13:18   #88
BHPian

Pic from BIC please...
Old 21st February 2013, 18:33   #89
BHPian

I will upload pics that I clicked on the other thread as they are of other cars. We weren't allowed to carry camera in the cabin as any loose particle could have been a dangerous projectile in that environment.

Finally found a pic of Crusoe on BIC's Facebook page.

Crusoe Chronicles: Eleven years with a Fiat Linea TJet+-535529_432420666833520_967297360_n.jpg

The FTA T-jet alongside Crusoe belongs to fellow BHPian Nkapoor777

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Biraj is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 18:43   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
page
Excellent !! That's a neat snap just as though it was clicked for the TJETs.

That Cayenne in the background is all over the place.. testing body-roll!

What are the top speeds you hit? And how the crusoe feeling after the HIIT exercise?
mempheS.D is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks