Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 22:57   #16
BHPian

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

Hi and congrats on the arrival of your very own Duma. Altough red is the colour of the XUV in the ads on road i see very few red coloured XUVs. White and silver are the ones most visible.
Lovely pics of Duma and your family( your wife looks to be the happiest among the 4 of you). Wish you and your family many happy and safe miles with Duma. Are you planning a cross country trip with Duma like in the movie
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 23:38   #17
BHPian

Re: The Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Congrats SDP, wonderful choice as well as writeup!

Could you add a few details about the reverse camera? Where is it mounted? And is it compatible with the infotainment display? A few pics would be nice.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 00:29   #18
Team-BHP Support

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

So the day has finally come when you can grab the keys to your very own XUV and drive off into the sunset.

Excellent!

Congratulations SDP!

That's a very neatly organised and fairly detailed report you've penned down, for the benefit of members and readers alike. I truly appreciate the work you've put into this. It just shows that you're passionate about it, and at the end of the day, whatever one's preferences are, it's passion that counts.

This red colour does not look good in pictures. But in person it really is something else. It does suit the XUV to the tee, and on its day, it can turn more heads than an Audi Q7 (which by the way are frankly becoming boring)

What do you feel about the overall quality of the interior? I do not particularly care for the felt0like material in the cubby-holes. The material used for the roof on the inside is a let down too, but the rest of the car has massive appeal. Much like the appeal the Safari garnered during its hay-days.

Wishing you many happy and exciting drives! Drive safe and take care, Sir!

*Oh and don't forget to regularly update this thread. I'd love to personally move it to the 'Long Term Ownership Reviews' section
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 00:45   #19
BHPian

Decided at 12:00 that i will just CHECK the forum and them go to sleep, but then i came across your ownership review, and its 12:40 already!

Some great writing to aptly describe the beast. Congratulations on your new possession and wish you many more happy miles. Drive safe and keep us updated.
carzone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 01:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thank you and excellent write up! Good to see the glorifying red color as well.

Happy Motoring!
Old 12th July 2012, 04:31   #21
BHPian

Congratulations and Excellent Write up. Loved it.

Btw, the Mini Cooper Convertible which you saw, its a media test car. A lovely car but a very bad suspension. I loved the interiors though,
pratheekkunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 05:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, XUV in red looks really good, have only seen other colors all this while. Never red, never thought it would look this good.

The GPS, is it MMI or something else? Any accessories that you fixed? Would be good if you could post more pictures of insides specifically infotainment system and its features.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 06:22   #23
Team-BHP Support

Congrats SDP on the new arrival. Sorry if I missed something, why did you need to go to Pune from Mumbai to book?

So right out of the dealer and right on to the highway even before hitting home! Nice way to started the journey. Congrats again
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 07:15   #24
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
Congratulations on your new ride
Thanks Vaibhav!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Congratulations SDP on the purchase of Mahindra XUV!

Very well written review and fantastic photos doing justice to it. XUV looking killing in red shade.

Don't forget to keep the thread updated regularly.

Wishing you years of happy and safe driving!
Thanks Bluevolt! Have definite plans to keep the thread updated regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
Excellent write up with complimenting pictures! Enjoy your ride!
Thanks mTorque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Awesome SDP. Congrats. You are driving the vehicle in the color that I love the most. Even though I drive a grey one, I like the red.

Wish you many many miles with your beast and keep us all updated. Happy motoring.
Thanks Sathya! I like the grey as well. Makes the XUV look more sophisticated
...more European if you will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Congratulations again, SDP.

I'm yet to read thru all the posts once I finish work and get home to read this further. I can see you have added a lot of details and very nice pictures to complement the exprience too, please keep it updated with your experiences with your Duma (nice name!). I have thought of naming it 'Legadama', a leopard from my favorite documentory (Eye of the Leopard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I watched HD version many times in the past year. Its wonderful! However, we just call it 'car' or XUV in general
Wish you a niggle free experience with your 'Duma' and lots of happy miles ahead.
drive safe.
Thanks Ketan! I will check out the "Eye Of The Legend". Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Hi and congrats on the arrival of your very own Duma. Altough red is the colour of the XUV in the ads on road i see very few red coloured XUVs. White and silver are the ones most visible.
Lovely pics of Duma and your family( your wife looks to be the happiest among the 4 of you). Wish you and your family many happy and safe miles with Duma. Are you planning a cross country trip with Duma like in the movie
Thanks dockap! I am regular reader of your Wolverine thread! Yes, I am already dreaming about going all over India with the Duma over the years to come. Let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Congrats SDP, wonderful choice as well as writeup!

Could you add a few details about the reverse camera? Where is it mounted? And is it compatible with the infotainment display? A few pics would be nice.
Thanks vinjosep. Planning more snaps on the weekend. Would definitely add more details about the reverse camera and the Infotainment display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
So the day has finally come when you can grab the keys to your very own XUV and drive off into the sunset.

Excellent!

Congratulations SDP!

That's a very neatly organised and fairly detailed report you've penned down, for the benefit of members and readers alike. I truly appreciate the work you've put into this. It just shows that you're passionate about it, and at the end of the day, whatever one's preferences are, it's passion that counts.

This red colour does not look good in pictures. But in person it really is something else. It does suit the XUV to the tee, and on its day, it can turn more heads than an Audi Q7 (which by the way are frankly becoming boring)

What do you feel about the overall quality of the interior? I do not particularly care for the felt0like material in the cubby-holes. The material used for the roof on the inside is a let down too, but the rest of the car has massive appeal. Much like the appeal the Safari garnered during its hay-days.

Wishing you many happy and exciting drives! Drive safe and take care, Sir!

*Oh and don't forget to regularly update this thread. I'd love to personally move it to the 'Long Term Ownership Reviews' section
Suhaas, Thanks for the kind words. Yes, the interior material quality could have been a few notches better, no serious complaints though with the current levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Decided at 12:00 that i will just CHECK the forum and them go to sleep, but then i came across your ownership review, and its 12:40 already!

Some great writing to aptly describe the beast. Congratulations on your new possession and wish you many more happy miles. Drive safe and keep us updated.
Thanks carzone for the kind wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Thank you and excellent write up! Good to see the glorifying red color as well.

Happy Motoring!
Thanks getsurya! That actually makes me wonder if there are any other Red XUV threads on our forum. I don't recall any. Let me check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratheekkunder View Post
Congratulations and Excellent Write up. Loved it.

Btw, the Mini Cooper Convertible which you saw, its a media test car. A lovely car but a very bad suspension. I loved the interiors though,
Thanks pratheek! Appreciate the Mini Cooper details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Congratulations, XUV in red looks really good, have only seen other colors all this while. Never red, never thought it would look this good.

The GPS, is it MMI or something else? Any accessories that you fixed? Would be good if you could post more pictures of insides specifically infotainment system and its features.
Thanks mayankjha! The gps-nav is indeed a MMI unit. From accessories, I just got the floor-mats (apparently there is a new design) and the reverse-camera. More pictures coming up on the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats SDP on the new arrival. Sorry if I missed something, why did you need to go to Pune from Mumbai to book?

So right out of the dealer and right on to the highway even before hitting home! Nice way to started the journey. Congrats again
Ampere, thanks! Registered the vehicle at my Talagain-Dabhade address. Made a sizeable difference to the overall cost because of the octroi.
Old 12th July 2012, 10:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation!! Neat write up, wishing you happy and trouble free mile ahead.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 12:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations SDP. Excellent writeup and nice pictures.
Was expecting some pictures of the interiors also.

Wish you a very happy and trouble free ride.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 12:49   #27
BHPian

SDP, congratulations on buying the Cheetah!

It's a killer in Red. Get some more pictures of the interiors, night shots with interiors light, space for 3rd row, mileage that you got on the first drive from Pune.

Here's wishing you miles of happiness with the new buy.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 12:57   #28
BANNED

Congrats on the purchase SDP. Apart from the interior plastics and a few gizmos giving up now and then, there is really little to find fault with the XUV, as a complete family package for the city and the highway. I had the chance to drive one of them on the BIRC recently and was blown away by its handling, in spite of being a soft roader.

Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 13:03   #29
BHPian

Congratulations SDP.

The beast looks killer in the red shade. I must say monsoon will be a very good time to take this fantastic beast out on long drives in the beautiful western ghats.

So do we see it leaping past the SEEPZ gate anytime soon?

Also, do you plan to service it within Mumbai or will it go to Pune everytime?
Old 12th July 2012, 13:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats SDP for the Duma and thank you for a very well written report.

Wishing you a long and niggle free ownership.

By the way did you sell the Alto? Just curious to know what deal did you get for it?
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks