Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2015, 11:34   #646
adu
BHPian

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

SDP, can you let me know which dash cam you are using and how is the quality of recording?
Old 22nd June 2015, 11:51   #647
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
SDP, can you let me know which dash cam you are using and how is the quality of recording?
I am using "SJ4000 WiFi" model from SJCAM. Got it for around 10K, some 7-8 months back. Day-time recording quality is brilliant. Night-time quality is OKish. The camera angle is really wide. Overall, quite happy with it.
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:36   #648
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I am using "SJ4000 WiFi" model from SJCAM. Got it for around 10K, some 7-8 months back. Day-time recording quality is brilliant. Night-time quality is OKish. The camera angle is really wide. Overall, quite happy with it.
Thanks for your quick revert SDP.

I have been driving a Dolphin Grey W8 since September 2014 and have totally loved my drives. Been reading up on your posts (starting from the time you picked up yours) and have been really enjoying them. Love your detailed posts on all matters XUV and am getting inspired to post my experiences, although my only excuse so far for not posting has been laziness coupled with lack of time
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 22:16   #649
SDP
Team-BHP Support

As part of the side-by-side mini-photoshoot with the New Age XUV, clicked quite a few pics. Didn't share all of them in the review thread as the thread would have become just too bulky. Sharing them here:
The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0132.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0123.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0126.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0129.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0142.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0143.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0146.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0157.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0155.jpg
SDP is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 10:34   #650
adu
BHPian

Quote:
As part of the side-by-side mini-photoshoot with the New Age XUV, clicked quite a few pics. Didn't share all of them in the review thread as the thread would have become just too bulky. Sharing them here:
Is it just my eyes playing tricks on me or does the pre face-lift model stand a little taller than the face-lift one?

Last edited by ampere : 23rd June 2015 at 10:36. Reason: Removed attachment from quoted post
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:44   #651
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it just my eyes playing tricks on me or does the pre face-lift model stand a little taller than the face-lift one?
In the first image, it does look like that. But most likely its due to my XUV being empty and Tushar being inside the white one.
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:34   #652
Team-BHP Support

Why did that plastic license plate garnish disappear from the front. Was a very useful feature in the old one.

Quote:
In the first image, it does look like that. But most likely its due to my XUV being empty and Tushar being inside the white one.
OT: Yes I can see how that can make a difference to the ride height
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 13:36   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Those are some beautiful set of pics. The pre-facelift XUV still looks modern compared to the new one. However, here your Duma simply trumps the new one by a mile. The new black grille has made a lot of difference. I am no fan of chrome overkill and your XUV looks like a beast. The new W8 and W10 XUVs look like they came out from a jewelry store.
karthick_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:06   #654
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Why did that plastic license plate garnish disappear from the front. Was a very useful feature in the old one.
Precisely!
Really bad idea omitting that one.
That black plastic license plate garnish/housing used to provide that much additional protection to the front. It has happened with me once. Forgot to engage hand-brake and the XUV rolled forward about a feet and hit a iron barricade. I was worried about the front grill or the bumper getting damaged/scratched. But because of that license plate housing, the impact was entirely taken by the garnish and the number-plate.
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:11   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Good observation adu

SDP, I don't think Tushar is sitting in the first image, if you observe closely the driver seat is empty ( hope he is not sitting in the passenger seat). And if you look closely and compare the ORVM on your car looks higher than the new XUV.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:27   #656
Senior - BHPian

Hi SDP, could you please let me know how much you paid for 3M sticker?
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:27   #657
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Good observation adu

SDP, I don't think Tushar is sitting in the first image, if you observe closely the driver seat is empty ( hope he is not sitting in the passenger seat). And if you look closely and compare the ORVM on your car looks higher than the new XUV.

I use a circular polarizer to cut out reflection in the snaps. So you would find most of my snaps have no reflection on the front windshield and one can actually see through the front windshield. A side-effect of this is that anything distracting inside the car can spoil the snap. So its best to leave the driver/passengers out of the snap as much as possible. Tushar being a seasoned guy knew this well and made himself disappear inside the car. You can see how he did it here:
The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-tushar-dsc_0147.jpg

With the 2 cars parked so close, the white XUV's driver side was blocked. There was no way Tushar could have come out from that side.

About the height difference, I personally don't believe there is a height difference between the old and the new. Besides the loading, there could be other reasons as well. The road was also not leveled and sloped downwards towards the edges. The particular road-section has paver blocks and you know how uneven they are.

Last edited by SDP : 23rd June 2015 at 14:38.
SDP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 14:43   #658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Precisely!
Really bad idea omitting that one.
That black plastic license plate garnish/housing used to provide that much additional protection to the front.
I liked that too - gives a certain look to the front. hopefully this should be available as accessory/ repair accessory that can get one from old and fit onto new?
abirnale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:56   #659
adu
BHPian

Quote:

I use a circular polarizer to cut out reflection in the snaps. So you would find most of my snaps have no reflection on the front windshield and one can actually see through the front windshield. A side-effect of this is that anything distracting inside the car can spoil the snap. So its best to leave the driver/passengers out of the snap as much as possible. Tushar being a seasoned guy knew this well and made himself disappear inside the car. You can see how he did it here:
Attachment 1385155

With the 2 cars parked so close, the white XUV's driver side was blocked. There was no way Tushar could have come out from that side.

About the height difference, I personally don't believe there is a height difference between the old and the new. Besides the loading, there could be other reasons as well. The road was also not leveled and sloped downwards towards the edges. The particular road-section has paver blocks and you know how uneven they are.
Very logical explanation SDP. Tushar seated on the driver's side could definitely have lowered the vehicle by a couple of centimeters. As with everyone else, feel it was very insensible to not provide the number plate mount.
Old 26th June 2015, 07:46   #660
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Met with fellow BHPian desmosedici and clicked a few snaps with his true off-road machine:
The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0293.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0295.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0297.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0300.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0302.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0303.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0306.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0307.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0308.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0309.jpg

Thanks Desmo for the drive! It was great fun!

Last edited by SDP : 26th June 2015 at 07:48.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks