Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 17th August 2016, 23:17   #691
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Hello Sir - how are you Michelins coming along? Am planning to change from the duellers to the tour HPs.
Quite happy with them! Already clocked 16K kms on them and have not faced much problem yet. Grip is confidence inspiring in dry as well as wet conditions. Tyre-noise till about 100km/hr is history. At higher speeds and on concrete roads, the tyre-noise does exist though.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 23:26   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Quite happy with them! Already clocked 16K kms on them and have not faced much problem yet. Grip is confidence inspiring in dry as well as wet conditions. Tyre-noise till about 100km/hr is history. At higher speeds and on concrete roads, the tyre-noise does exist though.
Good to hear. I have covered almost 30K on the Duellers that came with the vehicle. Trying to change tyres to improve dynamics a little. Always been a fan of the michelins.
sk7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 10:02   #693
Senior - BHPian

Isn't it little lonely here?

Caught Duma on the camera -
The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8-img_20180127_094923.jpg

And as always, its privilege to meet you!
abirnale is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2018, 07:14   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for all the info sharing SDP. Wanted to check with you about Michelins.
I'm changing my stock Bridgestones and considering three choices in that order.

1>Michelins : (Primacy/Latitude)
2>Falken : Wildpeak 104T
3>Conti : Crosscontacts/UHPs

Any particular reason you had Latitude Tour HPs when you got it changed ? Primacy seems to be OK for me but when I checked, they are too pliable with soft walls & I really doubt the lifespan considering the interior roads where we end up driving most of the time. Not really off-roading but end up eating some really dirty patches of asphalt. The stock tires have lasted about 80K and still no trouble at all but no sense in stretching them further.
yogibear007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2018, 08:15   #695
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear007 View Post
Thanks for all the info sharing SDP. Wanted to check with you about Michelins.
I'm changing my stock Bridgestones and considering three choices in that order.

1>Michelins : (Primacy/Latitude)
2>Falken : Wildpeak 104T
3>Conti : Crosscontacts/UHPs

Any particular reason you had Latitude Tour HPs when you got it changed ? Primacy seems to be OK for me but when I checked, they are too pliable with soft walls & I really doubt the lifespan considering the interior roads where we end up driving most of the time. Not really off-roading but end up eating some really dirty patches of asphalt. The stock tires have lasted about 80K and still no trouble at all but no sense in stretching them further.
When I got the Tour HPs, the Primacy option was not even available in India. In fact, the overall options in XUV tyre size were extremely limited 3 years back. Now we have many more options and Pirelli, Continental, Falken all have some competent offerings in XUV size.

If you are worried about road conditions eating into your Michelins, you should stay away from them just for peace of mind sake. I am running on Michelins for close to 3 years now and have clocked 33K kms till now. Purely from age perspective, I would most likely replace them in an year or so. Yes, being softer than most others, the tread wears off faster, but I have not seen the much dreaded side wall punctures etc.. not a single one in 3 years. I am quite happy with them, as they are super-silent and offer really good grip.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2018, 10:18   #696
BHPian

Quote:
When I got the Tour HPs, the Primacy option was not even available in India. In fact, the overall options in XUV tyre size were extremely limited 3 years back. Now we have many more options and Pirelli, Continental, Falken all have some competent offerings in XUV size.

If you are worried about road conditions eating into your Michelins, you should stay away from them just for peace of mind sake. I am running on Michelins for close to 3 years now and have clocked 33K kms till now. Purely from age perspective, I would most likely replace them in an year or so. Yes, being softer than most others, the tread wears off faster, but I have not seen the much dreaded side wall punctures etc.. not a single one in 3 years. I am quite happy with them, as they are super-silent and offer really good grip.
Thanks SDP. Will keep that in mind. 33K without any sort of trouble is a good experience from any perspective. Will checkout details from the options and settle for one (probably the mitchs )
yogibear007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote