Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2012, 21:51   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Let me get more details.
Oh You are right !! I meant GSM Sim Based GPS trackers. GPS Trackers, give only based on the last used "mobile tower" but GPS systems gives to an accuracy of +/- 10 meters.

Also - sent you a PM .

Good gear locks cost 3000/-. Chinese ones are available from 1500/- for santro without warranty or guarantee

Last edited by scopriobharath : 1st August 2012 at 21:53.
Old 3rd August 2012, 23:46   #92
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

The Duma has clocked 600kms till now. He would go out for a weekend trip tomorrow. Most likely we would have crossed 1000km on the odo when we return on Sunday night.

Keeping my fingers crossed so that no niggles raise their ugly head during this trip. Being hyper-active on the XUV niggles thread has its flip-side viz. you tend to become more paranoid.
Old 3rd August 2012, 23:50   #93
BHPian

Quote:
The Duma has clocked 600kms till now. He would go out for a weekend trip tomorrow. Most likely we would have crossed 1000km on the odo when we return on Sunday night.

Keeping my fingers crossed so that no niggles raise their ugly head during this trip. Being hyper-active on the XUV niggles thread has its flip-side viz. you tend to become more paranoid.
All the best for a good trip, don't let the niggles thread get into your mind, just take it as knowledge to be used in an emergency, atleast you won't be completely taken by surprise.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2012, 22:02   #94
SDP
Team-BHP Support

I am back to Mumbai and the odo reads 1220 now. First 600Km in a month and the next 600Kms in last 2 days.

Had good fun with the Duma over the weekend trip to Mahabaleshwar-Tapola.

Snaps (and possibly a travelogue) coming up soon.

PS: One issue with the XUV during this trip and it vanished when I reached home.

Last edited by SDP : 5th August 2012 at 22:03.
Old 6th August 2012, 22:32   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am back to Mumbai and the odo reads 1220 now. First 600Km in a month and the next 600Kms in last 2 days.
Snaps (and possibly a travelogue) coming up soon.

PS: One issue with the XUV during this trip and it vanished when I reached home.
Hi SDP - Waiting for some snaps. I have never been to Mahabaleshwar. Your snaps will inspire me .

I am curious to know what was that niggle you faced, which sorted itself out.
Old 7th August 2012, 08:12   #96
SDP
Team-BHP Support

3 snaps taken during the trip:

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0198.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0311.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0339.jpg

Tied up with work & personal commitments most of this week. Would upload more pics over the weekend. Thanks.

Last edited by SDP : 7th August 2012 at 08:19.
SDP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 08:46   #97
BHPian

Awesome pics SDP.
Am tempted to do the same - singing in the rain,
but alas its dry as a tinderbox out here.
The DUMA looks menancing - wet n hungry for some action.
Just out of couriosity - did you notice any more louder than necessary sloshing sounds when driving on rainy roads, as if sound absorbing materials are lacking.
Have noticed this quite a lot - more in XUV than in my Altis.
princey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 10:27   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3 snaps taken during the trip:

Attachment 966449
Thanks.
Wow ! Excellent pics. I like the first one, especially the Front LHS Headlamp Beam piercing through the Fog.

Glued on !! Bring on the travelogue.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 12:15   #99
BHPian

How can I post a picture here, I have never posted anything in image format on TBHP...would SDP allow one of my picture here ?
Old 7th August 2012, 15:48   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsachin View Post
I have the only below picture of the cracked allow wheel. What do you people think would have happened? And what do you have to say about the design / material of allow wheel?

Mods: I am not sure if this should be posted in Official reviews or Initial Ownership reviews. Please move this to appropriate thread.
This should have been posted in the Mahindra XUV Test Drive and Review Section.

Anyway - Hope our friendly BHPian SDP would not mind it.

If the alloy has cracked, you may show it to the A.S.S and they should replace the same free of cost. Warranty will be void only the vehicle has "jumped" to the ground. Highway driving clearly is a regualr use scenario. You might have to talk it out with the A.S.S but the alloy would be replaced under warranty.

The crack could have happened due to an "internal" fracture of the metal. Ideally the metal is heated and then rapidly cooled to get rid of internal fractures, but in this case i feel there would have been some defect there.
Old 7th August 2012, 21:58   #101
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
Awesome pics SDP.
Am tempted to do the same - singing in the rain,
but alas its dry as a tinderbox out here.
The DUMA looks menancing - wet n hungry for some action.
Just out of couriosity - did you notice any more louder than necessary sloshing sounds when driving on rainy roads, as if sound absorbing materials are lacking.
Have noticed this quite a lot - more in XUV than in my Altis.
The cabin is quite silent. If I roll down the window on a highway, the assault of the noise around you is quite noticeable and you start to appreciate the noise-insulation. On second thoughts, I get your point. Rain-drops actually hit the surface and would cause vibration and sound. Have not noticed much in this area. Would make a note next time I drive in thick rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Wow ! Excellent pics. I like the first one, especially the Front LHS Headlamp Beam piercing through the Fog.

Glued on !! Bring on the travelogue.
Thanks! Would try to get the travelouge up as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
How can I post a picture here, I have never posted anything in image format on TBHP...would SDP allow one of my picture here ?
Naveen, you are most welcome to share your pics! Duma would enjoy the company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
This should have been posted in the Mahindra XUV Test Drive and Review Section.
Correction! This should have been posted in the niggles thread. Would have immediately prompted a few posts like "How can M&M give us bad quality stuff when they are charging 16L for the XUV?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsachin View Post
They notcied that while there were absolutely no scratches on either XUV or Santro, the Right Rear allow wheel had cracked and some part chipped off. They once again inspected both Santro and XUV and there were no signs of brushing on either car. There are little damages on the adjoining spokes also. He immediately deflated the tire and drove back home with the spare tire. He is still clueless about what happened and why the allow wheel cracked. ...
That looks bad. Are you sure it did not hit a rock or something?

Last edited by SDP : 7th August 2012 at 22:00.
Old 8th August 2012, 08:32   #102
BHPian

SDP - Thanks for the prompt feedback. Actually meant the sloshing noises from within the wheelwell/Arches when driving at speed on waterlogged wet roads.

@Gupsachin - You have brought to fore a new issue/flaw with the alloys. Need to now be careful when driving off road. Are you sure the wheel did not strike a sharp rock or edges of the tarmac or slide ?
Old 8th August 2012, 10:33   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
@Gupsachin - You have brought to fore a new issue/flaw with the alloys. Need to now be careful when driving off road. Are you sure the wheel did not strike a sharp rock or edges of the tarmac or slide ?
My dad looked around for a piece of hard rock but could not find anything. Right side wheels were in middle of the road so I don't expect something huge to hit it. But we really do not know how/why this happened.

I did not mention this earlier, but yes after some strong email exchanges and phone calls, M&M have replaced the allow wheel.

Note: I am cross posting this in niggles also so that it reaches broader people.
gupsachin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 10:38   #104
BHPian

Here is my post, I thought of posting it when someone referred the headlight effect
Hope it will be liked !!

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-img_1897.jpg
naveenchhillar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 20:24   #105
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Here is my post, I thought of posting it when someone referred the headlight effect
Hope it will be liked !!

Attachment 966749
That's a smashing pic! Loved it. Absolute wallpaper material.
Any tips on post-processing ?
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks