Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 16:40   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Slightly worried about if I change the oil to any standard brand, would Mahindras create issues with warranty at a later point of time.

Any opinions/experiences?
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
If I were, I would go the service center to get the oil changed.
Technically there is no concern but because of attitude problem, warranty MIGHT be denied. I agree with F!50

I would suggest to get the oil changed at any A.S.S.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 23:21   #122
BHPian

re: The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - Now at 70,000kms

The photo with the mist is simply awesome. My XUV is getting ready for 2 medium-long trips in the coming week. With XUV, every weekend is joy.Isnt?

I keep searching for excuses to go out.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 12:14   #123
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2012 at 13:31.
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 13th August 2012, 14:05   #124
PGA
BHPian

Hi SDP
Appreciate your concern for the Duma however I would recommed you have a rethink on the engine oil change now. My car has had an oil change at 5000km and I had kept a close watch on its condition. I did not find any deterioration. So let it run for thstipulated

Pl disregard this post, inadvertent click of the 'Send' button

Last edited by PGA : 13th August 2012 at 14:18.
Old 13th August 2012, 14:16   #125
PGA
BHPian

Hi SDP
Appreciate your concern for the Duma however I would recommed you have a rethink on the engine oil change now. My car had an oil change at 4300km and I had kept a close watch on its condition. I did not find any deterioration. So let it run for the stipulated period. If you really hard drive the vehicle or have used it to extremities then one would say so but your running in has been ideal so nothing is recommended.
To ascertain the condition of oil, put a drop on your index finger rub it with your thumb, you should feel the viscousness and no abrasive particles. See the color too it should be shiny. Infact at 4500kms too in my car I felt the engine oil to be in a pretty good condition.
PGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 23:21   #126
BHPian

SDP,

Awesome snaps dude. Really love it. As Satya said, the weekend itching is too hard to resist
I have completed 2600 KM and done with first service due to 3 months time limit. I checked the oil and it was absolutely fine. The color has changed to a bit black, but that is very normal for diesel engines.

But if you think this is really necessary I would suggest you to take it to M&M workshop and get the oil changed there with the standard one. This will make sure your troubles are covered for 2 years to come, and no warranty rejection based on some silly issues like you put a non recommended oil.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 14th August 2012 at 23:23.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 23:40   #127
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
...To ascertain the condition of oil, put a drop on your index finger rub it with your thumb, you should feel the viscousness and no abrasive particles. See the color too it should be shiny. Infact at 4500kms too in my car I felt the engine oil to be in a pretty good condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
SDP,

Awesome snaps dude. Really love it. As Satya said, the weekend itching is too hard to resist
I have completed 2600 KM and done with first service due to 3 months time limit. I checked the oil and it was absolutely fine. The color has changed to a bit black, but that is very normal for diesel engines.
-HCP
Thanks guys! I guess, I would wait and add a few hundred more kilometers before the oil-change. Visiting the service-center only for the non-scheduled oil-change is definitely out at this point of time. If my dome-light part has arrived and if I happen to go to that side, may be.

Have not seen the engine-oil in my car yet. Checking the color and feel of it would be the first thing.

HCP, saw your post about new solution to the brakes/discs. Would look forward to an update. Have fun over the 700km drive!

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Liked the 10th picture, with ambience of fog/raining conditions . BTW how is the headlight during twilight and other foggy conditions. Is the throw enough. & not at the least, how is the wiper, heard through the mahindra review section that wiper is not enough in terms of quality.
Did not face any issues with the headlights in the fog/rain. Have been driving with front fogs ON most of the time and on-coming vehicles were able to spot us well in advance. The wipers are good. I like them. Make a clean sweep. In Mahaby, the rain/drizzle intensity changes 3 times in a minute, so irrespective of how you adjust the speed of the wipers, you end up readjusting it after a few seconds. The rear-wiper is really helpful. But, the spray on the rear is VERY late. When the rear is really dirty, you will invariably have a couple of dry-sweeps on the dirty rear windshield, before the spray starts spewing soap-water on the windshield.

Last edited by SDP : 14th August 2012 at 23:51.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 08:47   #128
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Updated the travelogue. Two more snaps from the latest installment.

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0301-copy.jpg

The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-dsc_0304-copy.jpg

PS: The first image has super-saturated colors. Did that to bring out the red. That's not how the red looks on XUV5OO in real-life.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 14:35   #129
SDP
Team-BHP Support

A problem faced during the last trip has been detailed in the niggles thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2873055

I have been interested in OBD II scanners. Not sure if a OBD-II scanner would help catching or diagonsing such malfunctions.

Have something like the following in mind:
The "Duma" comes home - Our Tuscan Red Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - EDIT - 10 years and  1.12 Lakh kms-professionalelm327obdiiv14canbusbluetoothdiagnosticinterfacescannerscannerobd2blutoothcar.jpg
(Image from the net)
Old 16th August 2012, 18:56   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A problem faced during the last trip has been detailed in the niggles thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2873055

I have been interested in OBD II scanners. Not sure if a OBD-II scanner would help catching or diagonsing such malfunctions.

Attachment 970945
(Image from the net)
Even i am looking to buy this for my XUV. Are you sure for XUV OBD II scanner is required?
Old 16th August 2012, 19:44   #131
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Even i am looking to buy this for my XUV. Are you sure for XUV OBD II scanner is required?
Fellow TBHPian Rohitbagai is currently using one. He did provide a good amount of details about it. So I believe the hardware above along with an app like Torque should work for XUV5OO.
Old 16th August 2012, 22:51   #132
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 970945
(Image from the net)
I bought one for my XUV, The amount of data coming through is just basic. (Will try to update you tomorrow on what data is available)

Currently I am using Torque lite on my SGSII to retrive data.
vaibhavdalal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 23:24   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal

I bought one for my XUV, The amount of data coming through is just basic. (Will try to update you tomorrow on what data is available)

Currently I am using Torque lite on my SGSII to retrive data.
Yes I agree it's not that advance. I basically use it for my trip logs and monitoring engine stats. It tells me real time fuel usage, trip fuel usage etc and error codes if any.
It won't tell you for example what gear you are in or what's the engine oil level is.
Basically it's a tool to peep into the engine and not as advance as the XUV itself (which obviously has a lot more gadgety)
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 06:53   #134
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Yes I agree it's not that advance. I basically use it for my trip logs and monitoring engine stats. It tells me real time fuel usage, trip fuel usage etc and error codes if any.
It won't tell you for example what gear you are in or what's the engine oil level is.
Basically it's a tool to peep into the engine and not as advance as the XUV itself (which obviously has a lot more gadgety)
Is it that the Torque app does not consume and display all the data that is coming from the scanner OR the scanner itself is not reading/interpreting/sending the data to the software app? May be a limitation of the bluetooth interface's data handling capabilities as well. Any idea?

Did you try the software that came with the OBD II scanner?

Last edited by SDP : 17th August 2012 at 06:55.
Old 17th August 2012, 18:50   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Is it that the Torque app does not consume and display all the data that is coming from the scanner OR the scanner itself is not reading/interpreting/sending the data to the software app? May be a limitation of the bluetooth interface's data handling capabilities as well. Any idea?

Did you try the software that came with the OBD II scanner?
No, The thing is that every manufacturer has its own list of custom PIDs specific to its model. Although the protocol is standard the PIDs are different. The generic PIDs are readable but we would need specific PIDs provided by M&M to take the process to a whole new level. As of now I guess 50% of PIDs are generic and readable and another 50% are M&M specified. Torque has an option to add a custom list of PIDs if we get that list from M&M, we would be able to use the setup in a much better and specific ways.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks