Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2012, 21:21   #31
BHPian

Amazing mileage! But am not sure how you managed to control yourself and maintain 110 on the NH. Most of the time in that road the.minute I cross vandalur junction I gun it!
How was your visibility during d weekend rains. ? Are you using stock headlamps?
Old 9th September 2012, 21:41   #32
BHPian

re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. 25000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandv267 View Post
Amazing mileage! But am not sure how you managed to control yourself and maintain 110 on the NH. Most of the time in that road the.minute I cross vandalur junction I gun it!
How was your visibility during d weekend rains. ? Are you using stock headlamps?

LOL :P
My dad was restricting me from going any further. At times when my parents weren't paying attention, i touched 130,140. Then, they'll catch me red handed. Later , Dad will drive and he didn't cross 110 either. Wonder what happened to him! He redlined the Xing in 2005 in the very same highway - 145Kmph! Was leaving behind every other vehicle! But, now it was totally different. More powerful and stable car but he refused to push it any further. Maybe that's why I got 24kmpl! But, it was really irritating to see those Innovas , Xylos, Indigos overtake me!
And, the Visibility was alright! The NH was pitch dark after 6pm. Had to drive with high beam. Planning to change the stock headlamps & install the foglamps.

BTW, how far did you push your Ritz? how much did it manage to top?
What headlamps do you use? 100/90W ? I'm planning an upgrade to either H7 100W or the 6000K HID Hella or Phillips White Bulbs!
Old 9th September 2012, 21:49   #33
BHPian

Poor you! The NH and you are restricted to 110.! And regarding my speeds I have sent a pm. :P

I have philips 90/100 bulbs on ritz. The bluish white ones(forgot the name). And I also have two hellas for the rainy nights.

Last edited by Anandv267 : 9th September 2012 at 22:00.
Old 9th September 2012, 22:16   #34
BHPian

90/100 , is it? How effective are they? And how much do they cost with the relay? .Since liva's headlamps are big and wide, i get a good light throw from them within the city. But, need to upgrade for those highway runs!
Old 9th September 2012, 22:20   #35
BHPian

The bulbs are pretty effective. Every one says they are good. But I like lighting the road up with my light! That is why I have the hellas. Am planning to change the bulbs in the hella to more powerfull ones
Old 9th September 2012, 23:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
90/100 , is it? How effective are they? And how much do they cost with the relay? .Since liva's headlamps are big and wide, i get a good light throw from them within the city. But, need to upgrade for those highway runs!
I am yet to run my Liva GD on highway, but I have a feeling that the headlamps should be effective in highways too. I was actually pleasantly surprised the OE headlamps, given the cost-cutting that is apparent all over the Liva. Yesterday, when I was reversing my car, a pedestrian came to me and remarked: "Dada, one of your reverse lamps is not working."

But, surely a fog lamp would help. I am planning to install the OE fog lamps actually, they come at Rs 4001, which is cheap by any standard. That should be enough for any highway driving, I hope. Please let me know how effective is the 3M undercoating as regards shielding the road noise. I'll probably go for it too, once I hear from you.
Old 11th September 2012, 14:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn

I am yet to run my Liva GD on highway, but I have a feeling that the headlamps should be effective in highways too. I was actually pleasantly surprised the OE headlamps, given the cost-cutting that is apparent all over the Liva. Yesterday, when I was reversing my car, a pedestrian came to me and remarked: "Dada, one of your reverse lamps is not working."

But, surely a fog lamp would help. I am planning to install the OE fog lamps actually, they come at Rs 4001, which is cheap by any standard. That should be enough for any highway driving, I hope. Please let me know how effective is the 3M undercoating as regards shielding the road noise. I'll probably go for it too, once I hear from you.
Believe it or not! The Liva is surprisingly stable and well planted on the highway! It can effortlessly cruise at 140, no vibrations at all! Can take those huge corners even at 140 whereas in my Xing , i will have to bring it down to 70-80 to take those corners! Thanks to lower height and wider body, the Liva feels secure and planted!

Do not underestimate the Liva GD's engine! You can irritate those bigger cars like the Innovas, Fiestas and Xylos by over taking them! That's what my friend told me. He managed a good 160kmph with 5 people on board and some luggage!

The stock headlamps are good in the city but, not so good on the highways! The other day, it was raining and the highway was pitch dark! Even highbeam was of no use! I suggest that you upgrade to 100/90W set up with relay and ceramic holders!
And BTW, do not go in for the OEM fog lamps! They are really expensive and you get only ordinary bulbs instead of H1 halogen! You can rather buy the fog lamps from outside and get powerful H1 halogens fitted for less than what you pay at Toyota!

And LOL! The reversing light! Even the Old Jetta came with a single reversing light! The Micra also has a single reversing light!
PS: Even My 2004 Santro has 2 reversing lights!
Wonder why car manufacturers are cutting away essential things in the name of Cost cutting! And seriously, Toyota should learn from Hyundai on how they can provide high quality at low costs! And hyundai should learn from Toyota on how they can provide quality service at low costs! :P

And regarding the 3M coating, i'll let you know when i get it done!
saadat1992 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 00:51   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Believe it or not! The Liva is surprisingly stable and well planted on the highway! It can effortlessly cruise at 140, no vibrations at all! Can take those huge corners even at 140 whereas in my Xing , i will have to bring it down to 70-80 to take those corners! Thanks to lower height and wider body, the Liva feels secure and planted!
Thanks for this. I have yet to test on highways, but just two weeks of city driving, (704 mms so far) has given me this feel. I am quite confident that this car will be able to handle highways like the best car in this segment. Actually I am itching to go for a test run on the highways, simply not getting the time. Another one week, and after the first free service at 1000 km, I am planning to test the car for a weekend highway travel!
And yes, despite those cost cuttings Liva D is a fantastic car to drive.
Old 13th September 2012, 16:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Thanks for this. I have yet to test on highways, but just two weeks of city driving, (704 mms so far) has given me this feel. I am quite confident that this car will be able to handle highways like the best car in this segment. Actually I am itching to go for a test run on the highways, simply not getting the time. Another one week, and after the first free service at 1000 km, I am planning to test the car for a weekend highway travel!
704 mm?? Its should be a couple of decades by when you will complete 1,000 kms

Anyway, enjoy your Liva and she should serve you well for all that time
Old 13th September 2012, 17:18   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post

2 weeks and 704Kms?? Gosh! You drive 350kms a week?
At this rate, you will cross 1,00,000 kms within a year!

My car touched the 1000km mark on the way to Pondy!
After the trip, the ODO read 1464kms.
One piece of advice before you hit the highways. Maintain the car at 100-110kmph range to get 22+ kmpl! And , when you see an empty stretch, pin down the accelerator & enjoy the power!
Old 13th September 2012, 17:30   #41
BHPian

Dude. I cry everytime i see your 22kmpl at 100-110 kmph!
are you planning to upgrade your tyres?? please put in stickier fatter rubber !!!

And 350 kms per week is very doable. in one and half months i have done 3000 odd kms , that too with only 2 weekend trips (tirupathi and alamparai for chennai meet)

Please do take your car to college every day, you can easily cross
subratasenn's running
Anandv267 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 17:47   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandv267 View Post
Dude. I cry everytime i see your 22kmpl at 100-110 kmph!
are you planning to upgrade your tyres?? please put in stickier fatter rubber !!!

And 350 kms per week is very doable. in one and half months i have done 3000 odd kms , that too with only 2 weekend trips (tirupathi and alamparai for chennai meet)
BWAHAHA!
Thanks to the well tuned D-4D by Toyota! That's actually 24! Not 22 !
How much does your Ritz return on the highway?

The tires are pretty much adequate! It runs on 175 R16 Goodyear Rubbers! They aren't undersized! They offer decent grip! If i increase the size then, mileage will drop! I have actually seen a guy in my college who shod his Liva with awesome alloys and 205 sized tires! Those tires are as big as the Civic's tires!

I'll be taking it to college only next year! I already paid the Bus fee of 18k or else i would take it to college everyday!
Old 13th September 2012, 23:45   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
704 mm?? Its should be a couple of decades by when you will complete 1,000 kms

Anyway, enjoy your Liva and she should serve you well for all that time
Lol. Well, end of the day a tortoise or a snail wins the race.
Old 14th September 2012, 13:54   #44
BHPian

@subratassen- Did you put up your initial ownership thread?? If so, can you PM me the link?
Old 15th September 2012, 11:07   #45
BHPian

@Saadat: Here is the link. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html
Also pm-ed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks