Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2013, 22:25   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Why would we take offense because there are more vehicles on road?

Brilliant write up. I went to Pollachi some 5-6 years back and loved all those windmills! We can spend hours driving watching those spinning slow.

And quite impressed with the ability of the car too. Tell you what, that's a terrific FE for the load & speed you did! How was the NVH during those 100+ speeds?
Thank you! Glad you liked it!

Pollachi is a very nice place. That's my home town! Loads of greenery and the roads are super smooth and pacy. We can just cruise about with the windows rolled down and enjoy the scenic route!

That's the plus point of the Liva, despite all those criticisms this car is still a champ in FE and engine reliability!
The road noise will be abundant from 100-120. Later, the engine noise will take over! I'm not complaining but still, have to do something about it.

Cheers
Old 5th February 2013, 16:01   #107
BHPian

re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. 25000 kms update

UPDATE:

Touched the 6000km mark ,this morning!
It's been almost 7 months. The car is still rock solid except for a few rattles from the dashboard.
Totally in love with the LIVA!
Old 5th February 2013, 23:39   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
LOL :P
My dad was restricting me from going any further. At times when my parents weren't paying attention, i touched 130,140. Then, they'll catch me red handed. Later , Dad will drive and he didn't cross 110 either. Wonder what happened to him! He redlined the Xing in 2005 in the very same highway - 145Kmph! Was leaving behind every other vehicle! But, now it was totally different. More powerful and stable car but he refused to push it any further. Maybe that's why I got 24kmpl! But, it was really irritating to see those Innovas , Xylos, Indigos overtake me!
And, the Visibility was alright! The NH was pitch dark after 6pm. Had to drive with high beam. Planning to change the stock headlamps & install the foglamps.

BTW, how far did you push your Ritz? how much did it manage to top?
What headlamps do you use? 100/90W ? I'm planning an upgrade to either H7 100W or the 6000K HID Hella or Phillips White Bulbs!
Typically My dad type . Skoda Rapid . Same Road . Guess my restriction ?

80 KMPH .

And i noticed that in one pciture your reg no. was 6666 . On the other picture it was 6657 .
Old 6th February 2013, 06:09   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyspikey

Typically My dad type . Skoda Rapid . Same Road . Guess my restriction ?

80 KMPH .

And i noticed that in one pciture your reg no. was 6666 . On the other picture it was 6657 .
Hi Varun,
Looks like all dads are like that! That's why i floor it when i'm driving alone! :-P
Old 6th February 2013, 18:09   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Varun,
Looks like all dads are like that! That's why i floor it when i'm driving alone! :-P
Drive Safe . By the way you still haven't sorted out my registration number confusion !
Old 18th February 2013, 20:11   #111

Quote:
UPDATE:

Touched the 6000km mark ,this morning!
It's been almost 7 months. The car is still rock solid except for a few rattles from the dashboard.
Totally in love with the LIVA!
Hey Saadat, I guess we took it almost the same time. I will complete my 8th month on March 2... and guess what, I touched the 14k mark today (seems I am truly unleashing the power of diesel )

Am just back to Agra (my hometown) from a trip from the Kumbh Mela @ Allahabad... will leave for Gurgaon (my workplace) tomorrow... Gave a rocking average of 22 kmpl all the way
Old 19th February 2013, 15:20   #112
BHPian

Hi Hamlet!
I took delivery on 18th July 2012
The car speaks for itself. The performance is good, the ride is good and the mileage is the best of the lot. 14K kms in such a short period?! Wow! How many road trips did you do? LOL.
Also, fellow bhpian & Etios owner Amalji was telling there's a new suspension setup for the etios and Liva.
This one is better at high speeds and also no more THUD sound when we go over the potholes at speeds above 20! Big relief!
The new suspension setup is out now amd i'll be fixing it in march!!

Last edited by saadat1992 : 19th February 2013 at 15:22.
Old 28th February 2013, 20:27   #113
BHPian

Update:
It's been 7 months and the Liva touched the 7000km mark today.
Old 9th April 2013, 17:20   #114
BHPian

Sorry for the Late Update:

The Liva is now 8 months old and has 9138kms on the odo.
The rattles have started to come from two places on the dashboard after driving on broken roads.
Will be getting the new suspension during the 10000km service which will be in another 2 weeks.

Cheers
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 07:23   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the Late Update:

The Liva is now 8 months old and has 9138kms on the odo.
The rattles have started to come from two places on the dashboard after driving on broken roads.
Will be getting the new suspension during the 10000km service which will be in another 2 weeks.

Cheers
I would recommend that you book the service atleast one week in advance. Also, let them know that you have rattles in your dash board ( give them as much specifics as possible ). That will help them procure any spares if needed.

And they might give you an option of temporary fix ( saying that there might be a delay in spare. ) Don't go for it. Tell them, you want to fix the issue permanently.

Expect 5 to 6 hours for this service and not the normal 2 hours ( since you are changing suspensions and also fixing rattles )
Old 10th April 2013, 10:55   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
And they might give you an option of temporary fix ( saying that there might be a delay in spare. ) Don't go for it. Tell them, you want to fix the issue permanently.

Expect 5 to 6 hours for this service and not the normal 2 hours ( since you are changing suspensions and also fixing rattles )
+1 Fixing of rattles takes time. But Toyota does that seriously if you are ready to give time. They might even hold back your car for a day, as they did while fixing the rattle issue from dashboard ICE area in my car. But this "better late than never" approach was good, as I had never faced any rattle issue after the fix.

While going for the 10K service, you can ask for free replacement of front and rear shock absorbers. They'll do it, if you ask them beforehand. The "Thud" sound from the front end would vanish for ever.

Last edited by subratasenn : 10th April 2013 at 10:55. Reason: typo
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 11:06   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
And as for Calcutta, if you know how to drive in this city, you can drive anywhere in the world, maybe even outer space.
I always thought that, but I have changed my perception completely after I moved to Bangalore. I remember my relatives' constant complain about the state of EM Bypass due to Metro work and BT road due to the Tala pipe work. Guess what, compared to what I faced in bangalore during Outer ring road flyover work, these roads look like heaven. Also I always thought traffic sense is really horrible in Calcutta. It seems the strict policing in last few months actually works. I traveled from Ballygunj to New Alipore recently through all the sewage pipe work and first time in my life I saw taxis maintaining lanes during red light and not taking illegal U-turns. So I think grass is always greener in another city
acurafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 11:22   #118
BHPian

Agreed @acurafan. Traffic has really improved in Kolkata, as compared to what it was a few years ago.
Old 10th April 2013, 14:53   #119
BHPian

@amalji & subratasenn - Initially there was a rattle from the ICE area but now there's another rattle but, i couldn't find from where it is coming.
And regarding the suspension, my friend got his Liva's suspension changed but only the front ones were replaced! They wont change the rear ones voluntarily? Should we insist them to do so?
Old 10th April 2013, 16:59   #120
BHPian

Quote:
And regarding the suspension, my friend got his Liva's suspension changed but only the front ones were replaced! They wont change the rear ones voluntarily? Should we insist them to do so?
They don't change even the front suspensions voluntarily. But if you demand citing the sound, they do it under warranty. Rear suspensions do not have a major problem really. They add spacers but no new suspensions under warranty. This has been discussued in details, I think, in the Etios/Liva facelift launch thread.

I recently got front suspensions changed in my Etios P. Before seeking service appointment, I spoke to the service centre, got the part availability confirmed and the parts blocked for my car. You can do the same to eliminate the chance of multiple visits.

Most Viewed