Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2012, 20:51   #16
BHPian

Re: A 10 years ownership experience of a ZEN LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
So finally we are going to sell the Zen due to lack of parking space as the dzire and swift have filled the garage. I am looking for someone who can take good care of the car even if I get 10,000 bucks less than expected.
I also had faced the same situation. Finding it too difficult to enter into ZEN (Bulging waistline not helping a bit), I desired a "Tall" vehicle and bought RITZ VDI. Drives on the ZEN reduced gradually and finally had to sell it hurriedly, the moment I saw a bit of rust.
But, to tell the truth, Only entering into ZEN is difficult. Once you settle into the seat, it is pure bliss! Felt very sad selling, that too for a piddly sum of 70,000 (1999 model)
Old 10th November 2012, 11:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
I also had faced the same situation. Finding it too difficult to enter into ZEN (Bulging waistline not helping a bit), I desired a "Tall" vehicle and bought RITZ VDI. Drives on the ZEN reduced gradually and finally had to sell it hurriedly, the moment I saw a bit of rust.
But, to tell the truth, Only entering into ZEN is difficult. Once you settle into the seat, it is pure bliss! Felt very sad selling, that too for a piddly sum of 70,000 (1999 model)
I can understand each and every word of your post as I am also sailing in the same boat at this point of time. I really don't want the zen to be parked ideally as the swift is now fulfilling the family's day-to-day needs. My father's office car (the dzire) was taken back by the school administration and hence he has now booked the new dzire vxi which is expected to be delivered by this month's end. After the dzire comes home, there wont be any space for parking the zen and hence we had to take the decision of selling our beloved car.

I just hope to find a car lover who can take care of my zen hereafter.
Old 10th November 2012, 13:23   #18
BHPian

I too owned a Zen until I sold it for Rs.95000 two years ago. It was a 1999 model. The car had no power steering yet it was so much fun to drive. The only problem I used to face was sudden tightening of the steering and this would happen only if the car was parked in hot sun for couple for minutes, say 15 minutes or more. Otherwise, it was a pretty good car.
Old 10th November 2012, 17:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
I too owned a Zen until I sold it for Rs.95000 two years ago. It was a 1999 model. The car had no power steering yet it was so much fun to drive. The only problem I used to face was sudden tightening of the steering and this would happen only if the car was parked in hot sun for couple for minutes, say 15 minutes or more. Otherwise, it was a pretty good car.
I too have faced this problem a lot. The steering plastic expands when the car is exposed to heat for a long time and starts touching the cover of the combination switch. It even makes a sound when you turn the steering but 10 minutes of driving with the AC on solves this issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks