Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2012, 21:07   #91

re: The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & INJEN intake!

@Kedar - I have just finished the paperwork. Car is still 7-10 days away. Navnit does have one on display though.

I was very keen on the Black (exteriors) and Everest Grey (Interiors), which is almost impossible to find. They only had Black and Red or Imperial Blue and Black (interiors) in stock. It took me a few days to sink into the blue, which almost looks like black and am now perfectly happy with, haha, and wanted to avoid an otherwise long wait until next year.

Picked this over the Audi A4 AND A6 which I had my eyes on for the longest time and wanted a change from a previous E60 in Singapore.

Only let down I felt was the HK audio system and a few missing features from the international models. The fact that I won't be able to upgrade the system is a bigger let down. I'm probably being picky cause it's my line of work. But the Sports+ mode makes up for all of this.

@Karan - Thanks. Have you done any mods yet? What about tinting? I don't think my PM works yet, since I'm new. Was hoping to get in touch with you.

@suhaas - The black kidney grill mod does look fairly easy.

Will post pictures once the car arrives. Now, if I could only fix Bombay roads!
stormp00per is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2012, 00:44   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The ULTIMAT3 - F30 BMW 328i EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust & INJEN intake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Karan

I'm sold on the new 3. There is so much talk about the steering that has become lifeless and how the car in general has gone soft. Maybe too soft. But the fact of the matter is that our roads aren't race-tracks and a little practicality won't hurt. In fact, it just makes our favourite car more easy to live with on a day to day basis. And in the real-world, this allows you to thoroughly enjoy it. I'm sure most people wouldn't be able to accurately pin-point the minor differences anyway.

Coming to your car, it's nice to see a proper petrol BMW for a change. I really like how you've spec'ed your 328i. The red leather looks scrumptious and it goes brilliantly with the Alpine White exterior. Do consider swapping the chrome grill-shell for black ones.

Oh, and by the way.. I'm subscribed!
Thanks Suhaas , really appreciate your comments

Yes the black grille & the smoked whiskers will eventually be put up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormp00per View Post

@Karan - Thanks. Have you done any mods yet? What about tinting? I don't think my PM works yet, since I'm new. Was hoping to get in touch with you.
No MODS yet , not even sun control film (busy flaunting the RED interior )

As your PM is not active send me your cell no. & details on my e-mail id : karan564@gmail.com

Last edited by karan561 : 8th October 2012 at 00:50.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 16:14   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Had gone to Ranjangaon, PUNE for a factory visit yesterday.

Trust me was looking forward as its almost a 450 kms round trip.

I left Mulund, Mumbai @ 7:30 in the morning & had decided i would drive complete one way in ECO PRO MODE ( to pay respect to factory Quoted 2000 kms of running in ) I had started early in the morning to avoid the traffic in New Mumbai

As soon as i hit the expressway i slotted the gear into full manual mode for max efficiency.

I was doing 110-120 km/h in the top gear ( M8 ) most of the times.
Any way heres a pic of what cruising was all about.

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-1.jpg

As you can see in M8 a mere 2000 rpm , im sure you guys would be thinking how insanely boring would that be ?

But trust me to my surprise there is enough performance in the engines low rev bands, IT NEVER FELT SLOW.
Great thing how one can enjoy a car by not red lining but also feeling the low end at cruising speeds
Soon i reached the 1st toll naka @ Expressway & to my delight was these numbers;
& this was the reading on the journey computer ;

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-2.jpg

13.4 km/l , woah ! I was impressed & i am sure i could better that by not exceeding 100 km/h in top gear , i gave it an attempt but failed miserably

As i was reaching CHAKAN i stopped & clicked the beautiful yellow flowers.

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-photo-copy.jpg

^ The above greenery & the yellow flowers were with me for a few kilometers on both the sides , was a special feeling i tell you.

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-photo.jpg

^ My favorite stretch ( after Chakan ) on the way to Ranjangaon

However by the end of the journey reaching Ranjangaon @ just before 11 am, i got an FE of 12.4 km/l (Thanks to two lane roads traffic)
No pic of the journey computer i rest it by mistake, my bad

3:45 pm i left Ranjangaon;

As i had decided while returning it’s only going to be SPORTS mode only.

EPIC fun as the car eats up the distances like crazy & soon i had entered the expressway.

This was some drive back , i tell you, just before starting from my factory my fuel gauge needle pointed between ½ & ¾ full.

As i entered the expressway i was at half, i had decided that i would tank up at the fuel station ( to get the 1-2 Rs benefit ) but the way i was enjoying the drive i din bother to stop at either of the fuel stations & break the momentum.

By the end of expressway Fuel Reserve light showed up with an range of 80 kms only. The car was thirsty but well deserved.

Phenomenal is the word, the long stretches were catapulted like nothing experienced before.

Fell short of the cars top speed by 11 km/h , & that’s where i will leave it at , frankly i chickened out

Back home @ 6:20 the journey computer read an FE of 6.3 km/l , as expected lol

These are some moments when the Fuel costs , FE , Bills, maintenance costs all these thoughts go for a toss & what matters is JOY.

Also the reading of the odometer was around 2200 kms.

By the end of the road trip it was established that the car can be decently economical when it is called for but on the other hand this is a seriously quick car guys, it did put the biggest smile on my face yesterday & also scared the hell out of me, hey that whats its meant to do isn’t it ?

Last edited by GTO : 26th November 2012 at 13:22. Reason: We do NOT permit any posts / pictures on overspeeding
karan561 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:16   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Puncture update ;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2951473
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:45   #95
Senior - BHPian

Why would the TPMS system not throw a warning at 9 psi?
Old 2nd November 2012, 18:18   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108
Why would the TPMS system not throw a warning at 9 psi?
I dont know myself !

May be the last time i drove the Tyre pressure was ok & in the morning after ignition did not get detected as the distance from my house to fuel station is under 500m.
But should have been detected as id set in the i-drive @ 30psi
Old 5th November 2012, 13:48   #97

If one could record the amount of creative swearing I splurge while driving, it could set a record.

I seriously cannot comprehend how they can mess up the roads this bad, with un-even sharp edges protruding every few meters.

Speaking of which, I haven't checked my tyre pressure since delivery, iDrive shows it all okay. Is there a way to find the actual value within iDrive?

Karan, do you have Secure? Although the dealers mentioned it shouldn't affect us, but wondering if they'll void the Secure warranty (4-tyres a year) based on road-side patch up jobs!
Old 5th November 2012, 17:36   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormp00per View Post
If one could record the amount of creative swearing I splurge while driving, it could set a record.

I seriously cannot comprehend how they can mess up the roads this bad, with un-even sharp edges protruding every few meters.

Speaking of which, I haven't checked my tyre pressure since delivery, iDrive shows it all okay. Is there a way to find the actual value within iDrive?

Karan, do you have Secure? Although the dealers mentioned it shouldn't affect us, but wondering if they'll void the Secure warranty (4-tyres a year) based on road-side patch up jobs!
Do keep a regular check on the tyre pressure.

Set it to 30 psi or 32 psi when loaded.

Regarding i-drive , you will have to reset the value for it to keep a check. Until that the TPMS may not be active.

I havent enrolled for the BSI nor Secure

Last edited by karan561 : 5th November 2012 at 17:38.
Old 5th November 2012, 19:43   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
These are some moments when the Fuel costs , FE , Bills, maintenance costs all these thoughts go for a toss & what matters is JOY.
What a relief to read this line. Nice to know that I am not alone here. I take my car out for a weekend monthly spin, sometimes two spins a month just for sake of driving and enjoying the car. The destination being a coffee day or a breakfast joint at the most. Leave at 6am and back home by 930am so I don't miss the family. A up and down distance no more than 120km. I don't really care about how much gas she guzzles. It is about the drive and nothing else.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 18:08   #100
BHPian

Amazing choice Karan. The car looks smashing in white. I guess the last time we met was when we met in Malad when you saw my baleno. Been a really long time.
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:24   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Amazing choice Karan. The car looks smashing in white. I guess the last time we met was when we met in Malad when you saw my baleno. Been a really long time.
Heyy Abhishek, the 328 is a great car indeed, Thanks.

Has truly been long, shall plan up something soon so that we all can catch up like old times
Old 24th November 2012, 16:44   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

KAMYO exterior detailing coming up
Old 26th November 2012, 20:37   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
KAMYO exterior detailing coming up
Finally it was time to get the car detailed ( exterior )

Kamyo guys arrived @ 9 am sharp at my place.

The process consisted of Washing/Shampooing > Polishing > Glazing > Paint Sealing

Here are some WIP pics;

Special importance to the wheels on my instruction

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-img_2929.jpg

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-img_2930.jpg

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-img_2932.jpg

The All White Brigade now showroom fresh

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-img_2934.jpg

Kamyo Team Strength : 4 people

Total Duration : 2hrz 45 mins

Total Cost : Rs 4000/-

Last edited by karan561 : 26th November 2012 at 20:48.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 15:55   #104
BHPian

A friend of mine has this exact combination on the 328i and i just cant keep my eyes off it everytime i go over to their place! The aggressive frontal stance is just mesmerizing... Not seen many f30's in and around Bangalore, though- any reason for this? Not even 320d's...
Old 25th December 2012, 12:36   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
A friend of mine has this exact combination on the 328i and i just cant keep my eyes off it everytime i go over to their place!
Lucky for him to get one considering only 50 328's were allotted for India this year

Quote:
The aggressive frontal stance is just mesmerizing...
I agree to you so much on this.

I'd like to share one of the 1st pictures of the F30 from the US, after looking at which i was sold on the looks and IMO this is 1 of the best pics of the F30 (front)

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-bimmerpost.jpg

Quote:
Not seen many f30's in and around Bangalore, though- any reason for this? Not even 320d's...
I agree, may be because the F30 the discounts wont be as much as on the C or the A4 as these two options which have received half life facelifts recently are being offered at a much better pricing so customers flocking there (simple customer mindset when wanting to go in for a premium brand)

Also because the base 3er is not well equipped as much.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks