Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2012, 12:29   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: THE ULTIMAT3 - F30 328i Sportline (Alpine White/Coral Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harusadu View Post
This all some excellent stuff. At first, I never thought the coral red interior was that nice, but after seeing it in person, I actually think it adds character and gives the bimmer, that sport car vibe. Crazy stuff that you went all the way to Kochi just to see the car and not drive it up. I for one would not be able to handle the pain of watching my brand new car being taken away from me like that. You're going to love that 328. Its going to be so speedy. I also heard about the limited luxury plus and 328s being made in India up until 2013. There are also limitations on the mineral grey exterior and grey interiors on all these cars. I too have ordered the new F30, but down here in Chennai. I got the Havana in luxury line with beige interiors. I get mine delivered on tuesday! Are you going to be debadging the car at all? By the way, how did you get all those freebies? I want the watch and thats it.
Thank You , and all the best to you too for your luxury line F30

Regarding the Freebies i would like to thank the dealership for being so generous.

They equally were excited that a customer from Mumbai had specially come for this purchase, so may be in their excitement i got lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Oh boy, Oh boy! Let me be the first to congratulate you. What a car! And it looks awesome in white! Please post more pics of those interiors once the car is in Gujarat.

What are the procedures to get a temporary registration in one state, and permanent in another? Pretty bold move to get the car all the way down from Kochi!
You need a TP ( CR Tem ) , Original Insurance, Tax Invoice Copy & Sale Certificate & Form 20 ( 2 Nos. )

^ At least that's all you need @ Silvassa for registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
Congratulations Karan!
All the pains you have taken would be forgotten once you drive the car in S mode. Do start an ownership thread and put lots of pictures. The red interiors would surely need some getting used to. How did you convince your dad to go with such sporty interiors ?

Drive safe and keep us posted.
He still believes i should we should have bought the 520d , LOL ( He hasnt seen the car in flesh yet )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
Congratulations on the Ultimate3. Hope you have an ultimate ownership experience with lots of joy.
The rims look really cool, are they a standard fitment?
Yes, they are the standard fitment on the 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congratulations Karan The interiors in black would have been classier, but then these thoughts would evaporate everytime the revs cross 4K.

Those alloy wheels look nice to me.

You can get a TP no. from the showroom itself once you buy the Car. Doesn't matter if you register it with them or outside. TP no. is a must.

To get it registered in another state, one has to pay an entry tax of 8% of the Car's value (subtract the VAT amount) and the registration charges prevalent in your state.

For example, my cousin buying the Yeti in W.B and registering in Bihar will have to shell out 7% (prevalent tax @ Bihar) +8% entry tax. If the Yeti was made available here, we would have to pay the registration charges & prevalent road tax of Bihar, instead if this exorbitant amount.
As per the interiors are concerned , yes i wanted White with Black combo but as i mentioned earlier due to the scarcity of White 328's ( Apparently all White 328s in the first lot for India are with Coral Red - at least i could not find any White with Black in my search) i had to settle for the Alpine White / Coral Red combo
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 13:38   #17
BHPian

The 3 is the real Ultimate Driving Machine in the BMW line up and rightfully you have taken the cream of that range , the 328 i .
Please write a full review of the performance and if possible i will be myself queing for the one !!!

Last edited by GTO : 20th August 2012 at 13:44. Reason: Spelling
Old 18th August 2012, 14:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th August 2012 at 13:44.
dZired is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th August 2012, 14:12   #19
BHPian

Karan,

Congratulations on your purchase of 328i Sportline. I believe this is the first one here.

The red interiors looks swanky and the gear lever looks just great. I am glad that you didnt take the car out for a spin in Cochin at night as the cops wouldn't have been friendly about the Temporary registration here.

Please post more pictures of her, especially the rear seats and boot and the overall look from front and side profile. BTW The tyres look fabulous with the new alloys.
Old 18th August 2012, 14:23   #20
BHPian

Amazing you went to a phenomenal amount of trouble to get the white.Hopefully it meets your every expectation. Be a bit careful about where you would be tanking up from now on, and hopefully the best part of the review is yet to come.
Don't forget to order the bmw rubber mats they are easier to maintain than the velor mats which come free with the car.
Old 18th August 2012, 15:34   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
The 3 is the real Ultimate Driving Machine in the BMW line up and rightfully you have taken the cream of that range , the 328 i .
Please right a full review of the performance and if possible i will be myself queing for the one !!!
Oh yes , i cant wait to get my hands on her, expect a review on the same by mid next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Karan,

Congratulations on your purchase of 328i Sportline. I believe this is the first one here.

The red interiors looks swanky and the gear lever looks just great. I am glad that you didnt take the car out for a spin in Cochin at night as the cops wouldn't have been friendly about the Temporary registration here.

Please post more pictures of her, especially the rear seats and boot and the overall look from front and side profile. BTW The tyres look fabulous with the new alloys.
Thanks , Yes it was a rainy night & though there was Navigation in the i-drive (which i was not used to yet) did not know the roads or the local language so thought of playing safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Amazing you went to a phenomenal amount of trouble to get the white.Hopefully it meets your every expectation. Be a bit careful about where you would be tanking up from now on, and hopefully the best part of the review is yet to come.
Don't forget to order the bmw rubber mats they are easier to maintain than the velor mats which come free with the car.
Yes , the other exciting part of the review will follow shortly ( mid next week )

BMW rubber mats ( for sportline ) had not arrived yet , they are for Rs 6300 aprox , should get them as soon as they are available.

Last edited by GTO : 20th August 2012 at 13:44. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 18th August 2012, 15:41   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Its official : F30 Vs F10 ( 1st pictures )

The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-vs.jpg
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 15:44   #23
BHPian

Karan thanks very much for the wishes. Can anyone shed any light on the availability of accessories. Is the iphone adapter a must? I mean can't I just plug in my own ipod cable into the usb functionality or will that not work? Also, would rubber mats look silly for a beige interior? I plan on doing a road trip in december when I get back into town to bangalore and then bombay, hope the roads are okay to bombay. By the way, have you got BSI yet? I am contemplating what package I need to get. Oh and finally, do you mind letting me know how much you paid for your 328 otr in bombay. I think I am paying an unusually high price. I'm paying Rs. 38-39 L on the road.
Old 18th August 2012, 15:45   #24
BHPian

You should get a key fob cover.Definitely worth its money & Saved my keys from a water spill on the restaurant table a few times.
The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-3333333.jpg
The ULTIMAT3- F30 BMW 328i. EDIT: Upgraded with ///M Exhaust, Injen Intake & Steinbauer Power Module-1.jpg
Old 18th August 2012, 16:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Man, you have no idea how much I hate you for this.

Nonetheless, there is no remedy of this jealousy.

Congratulations. Drive Safe
Old 18th August 2012, 16:42   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harusadu View Post
Karan thanks very much for the wishes. Can anyone shed any light on the availability of accessories. Is the iphone adapter a must? I mean can't I just plug in my own ipod cable into the usb functionality or will that not work? Also, would rubber mats look silly for a beige interior? I plan on doing a road trip in december when I get back into town to bangalore and then bombay, hope the roads are okay to bombay. By the way, have you got BSI yet? I am contemplating what package I need to get. Oh and finally, do you mind letting me know how much you paid for your 328 otr in bombay. I think I am paying an unusually high price. I'm paying Rs. 38-39 L on the road.
I have the official accessory brochure at my home , will try uploading the pictures by late evening.

Also to let u know that there are luxury line specific rubber mats available in the catalog.

No, i havent enrolled for the BSI.
Old 18th August 2012, 16:45   #27
BHPian

Congrats! I think you earned it! lol. Heck of troubles you took to hunt it down.

The white + red is a classy combo too. Dont bother about who says what about it. And btw.. that watch is awesome! any idea if BMW sell it retail?? :P

Last edited by Vandit : 18th August 2012 at 16:47.
Old 18th August 2012, 18:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for a beautiful car . I think you should have drove from chocin to your place , its raining all over south and it would have been a good drive and saved you 75 K also .
Old 18th August 2012, 21:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Congrats Congrats!!! Loved reading about your experience and equally loved the pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
No, i havent enrolled for the BSI.
Why ? I think you should?
Old 18th August 2012, 21:22   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats! The car looks "mean" ! Any particular reason why you have not taken BSI?

Wish you a very happy & safe motoring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
...I am glad that you didnt take the car out for a spin in Cochin at night as the cops wouldn't have been friendly about the Temporary registration here.
From what I know, new cars in Kerala can run on temporary registration for 2 weeks! I still see quite a few cars running on TR in Cochin & around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
...I think you should have drove from chocin to your place , its raining all over south and it would have been a good drive and saved you 75 K also .
Those savings would have turned into tears even before he crossed the Kerala border, had he drove it. But then I understood what you meant!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks