Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 12:11   #166
BHPian

Still head over heels

Mates, recent job related changes the car has been staying home than being used , that said i have been able to use the RS off and on, the car is well into the 9th year of age, i say this will all the sincerity i can muster, she still manages to bring the kid in me. Totally love it.

Upkeep

1. General Service coming up. Towards Jan. I am not going to be using the car until then.

2. Will be going for performance dampers once i am back.

3. Need to get an annoying squeak attend to, which is coming on bad roads especially at low speeds and turning.

Thanks for reading.

Best

Motoringlover.

Last edited by Motoringlover : 30th October 2014 at 12:27. Reason: semantics and punctuation
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 14:39   #167
BHPian

Good Bye VRS

Team - I have sold my precious VRS. Its not been an easy decision but had to let go, given the recent inactivity due to changes in my job and trouble finding parking for the car, i am glad i was able to find someone who will cherish car going forward.

I will miss the car always.

Best

ML
Old 22nd December 2014, 16:05   #168
BHPian

Re: My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!

Sad to hear that mate, Looking forward to see better, younger and with more horses in stable.

Live to Drive,

Sameer
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 18:43   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
Sad to hear that mate, Looking forward to see better, younger and with more horses in stable.

Live to Drive,

Sameer
It is indeed sad Sameer, to what you say.

Move is more driven from maintaining a car not being used than anything else, pretty solid car - never let me down.

Thanks

ML

Last edited by Motoringlover : 22nd December 2014 at 18:46. Reason: correction
Old 30th December 2014, 03:38   #170
BHPian

Shocking news ML, having been passive on tbhp due to busy life schedule, I occasionally log into your thread as i have bookmarked it. Pretty sad to see this move but i understand it is a logical decision. what did you replace it with ? Mind telling me the price it fetched ? you may choose to pm
Old 27th February 2016, 04:20   #171
Senior - BHPian

ML, based on the joy this car gives, I also picked one up .
My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-octavia.jpg
MileCruncher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 10:59   #172
BHPian

Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI Remap deceleration noise

Fellow members,
I have a Make III -2017 Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI. I have remapped the car using superchips bluefin. The performance is fantastic.
Only issue i am facing is that while I am decelerating ( just easing of the gas pedal without applying brakes) i hear a squeaking noise from under the car.
If I map the car to stock this noise disappears.
I have tried this with a high flow filter also.

Any help would be welcome.
Old 27th July 2017, 07:27   #173
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI Remap deceleration noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
Fellow members,
I have a Make III -2017 Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI. I have remapped the car using superchips bluefin. The performance is fantastic.
Only issue i am facing is that while I am decelerating ( just easing of the gas pedal without applying brakes) i hear a squeaking noise from under the car.
If I map the car to stock this noise disappears.
I have tried this with a high flow filter also.

Any help would be welcome.
Issue solved.
Mod plz delete this post
Old 27th July 2017, 23:18   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
Issue solved.
Mod plz delete this post
Please let us know what the issue was, even if it was something silly. It may help out someone else.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 06:57   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Please let us know what the issue was, even if it was something silly. It may help out someone else.
In My 2018 Octy pre face-lift model 1.8 TSI i had installed a retrofit Rear view camera. The issue is the camera messes with the Air con recirculation motor and the flaps get disturbed. As soon as u put the reverse gear the camera shows on the screen and you will hear a small click of the recirculating motor flaps misaligned.
Then from now on the air will not come out of the vents but will recirculate inside the dasboard only.
U will either have to chanhe the motor or get the flaps realligned. Both inclde opening up the dashboard

I have hence removed thr retro fit camera
Is there a safer way t install rearview camera
Old 25th May 2021, 18:21   #176

So.. How Many Skoda Octavia vRS Mk1's are still on the road in India? Let's see them here!

After spending countless hours searching used car portals for a specific gem which was brought into India in the early 2000's by Skoda led to me to actually dig deeper.. how many Skoda Octavia vRS Mk1's are actually on the road today?

Recently a automobile vloggers on YouTube have also been bringing up this car's history and also the current market trend towards finding a really good one.

Also, were these cars CBU or CKD units when introduced into the Indian Tuning Scene.

Will post about mine as well, (Wishing to click some really nice pictures before she's shown here to everyone!)
Old 7th June 2021, 12:38   #177
BHPian

I was just watching a review of 2006 model Skoda Octavia VRS MK1 in YouTube and now wondering how this car managed to hit those insane figures -7.9S to 100KMPH and 230KMPH top speed with a 150ps turbo charged motor, 5 speed MT and 1800KG kerb weight. Astonishing performance and timeless design inside out.

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 7th June 2021 at 12:39.
TorqueIndia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 09:24   #178
BHPian

Re: So.. How Many Skoda Octavia vRS Mk1's are still on the road in India? Let's see them here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VrsFreak! View Post
After spending countless hours searching used car portals for a specific gem which was brought into India in the early 2000's by Skoda led to me to actually dig deeper.. how many Skoda Octavia vRS Mk1's are actually on the road today?

Recently a automobile vloggers on YouTube have also been bringing up this car's history and also the current market trend towards finding a really good one.

Also, were these cars CBU or CKD units when introduced into the Indian Tuning Scene.

Will post about mine as well, (Wishing to click some really nice pictures before she's shown here to everyone!)
Bit of a hard find i'd say to locate a good one for sale these days.
For that matter, hard to find any of the elusive Laura vRS's as well in the pre-owned market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks