Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2012, 16:37   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!

Ok, so 64K is what service center was asking.

If you don't mind disclosing:
How much did it cost outside?
And where did you source the parts from? UK or someone in Mumbai/Delhi. I think all Skoda owners will find it useful if you post the details.

Cheers!
Old 27th September 2012, 17:05   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Ok, so 64K is what service center was asking.

If you don't mind disclosing:
How much did it cost outside?
And where did you source the parts from? UK or someone in Mumbai/Delhi. I think all Skoda owners will find it useful if you post the details.

Cheers!
I have no problems disclosing the price. I paid 35K as parts charge and 2K as labour. The parts were facilitated by New Mars - They are an independent garage in Hyderabad. I did not have to wait for the part, they had the part ready. Hope it helps.

The garage was recommended to me by fellow Tbhpians, I am reasonably pleased with the outcome.

I am also going to be due to replace the rear brake discs, i will be contacting New mars again.

Best - ML

Last edited by Motoringlover : 27th September 2012 at 17:06. Reason: Additional Details.
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 17:49   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
I paid 35K as parts charge and 2K as labour. The parts were facilitated by New Mars - They are an independent garage in Hyderabad. I did not have to wait for the part, they had the part ready. Hope it helps.
Yes, this is good info.
Thank you.

BTW, it's amusing to see that some independent garrage is stocking DMFs for Skoda - that too for the turbopetrols!!!

Cheers!
Old 28th September 2012, 12:24   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
BTW, it's amusing to see that some independent garrage is stocking DMFs for Skoda - that too for the turbopetrols!!!

Cheers!
Interesting point, Not sure what the answer could be, may be it shares parts with its Diesel cousins - [Purely Speculating]. Not complaining either ways

Best - ML.
Old 11th October 2012, 16:31   #80
BHPian

Issue: Driver Side Door Lock

The last few weeks, i have observed the driver side door would not unlock or lock in the first go, it is not so much as a problem as an irritant, decided to try to use the regular key for day. Now the central locking has starting functioning normal for the past 3 days, not sure what the issue is here. Looks like it has sorted itself out. Anyone else ever observe this issue ?

Best - ML.
Old 11th October 2012, 16:41   #81
Team-BHP Support

Re: Issue: Driver Side Door Lock

Quote:
The last few weeks, i have observed the driver side door would not unlock or lock in the first go, it is not so much as a problem as an irritant, decided to try to use the regular key for day. Now the central locking has starting functioning normal for the past 3 days, not sure what the issue is here. Looks like it has sorted itself out. Anyone else ever observe this issue ?

Best - ML.
Solenoid might be on its last legs or seizing. It could also be a bad connection.
Old 11th October 2012, 16:50   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Solenoid might be on its last legs or seizing. It could also be a bad connection.
Thanks Ajmat - Does it mean i need to get soldered again ? or can this be something expensive ?

Best - ML.
Old 11th October 2012, 18:29   #83
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best - ML.
ML my RS too had similar problem. I have seen this is more prevalent after monsoons. This problem last year was with passenger rear door and this year its ditto with the driver door. It some works sometime.

IMO just ignore unless its troubling you. The rear door lock is now working perfectly.
Fiddling with it may turn expensive affair.

Last edited by v&v : 11th October 2012 at 18:32.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 07:14   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v

ML my RS too had similar problem. I have seen this is more prevalent after monsoons. This problem last year was with passenger rear door and this year its ditto with the driver door. It some works sometime.
Hi V&V - I could not resist getting this checked. Apparently there is a control module that needs a replacement after a few years. I am yet to receive a final quote on this part. I will update the same on the thread.

Best - ML
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2012, 09:21   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Hi V&V - I could not resist getting this checked. Apparently there is a control module that needs a replacement after a few years. I am yet to receive a final quote on this part. I will update the same on the thread.

Best - ML
Ok - I got a vague phone call from Skoda - They estimate this to be about ~10K. Well the problem has disappeared for now - I am going to defer my 10K upkeep cost.

General Update : RS is fine and in daily duty.

Best - ML.
Old 11th November 2012, 08:29   #86
BHPian

Update : 500 Km road trip. Hyderabad - Srisailum - Hyderabad.

RS handled beautifully during the entire trip and reasonably impressed with the fuel economy also, filled up a tank full at the beginning of the trip and I came back say a little around the quarter left, my apprehensions about low ground clearance was also put at bay, I scrapped once on a breaker and was purely my fault - was not paying attention.

We were 3 people in the car and surprisingly I received no complaints of back pain from my mom who was sitting in the backseat of the car all along, she managed to get some sleep also.

Best - ML
Old 26th December 2012, 19:29   #87
BHPian

Issue: Rattling Noise

Hi All -

Lately have been getting a strange squeaking noise, especially over the bumps, not sure what the anomaly is, but my guess its probably the rear parcel tray, I cant isolate it for sure, anyone ever experience something like this before ?

Thanks - ML.
Old 26th March 2013, 08:19   #88
BHPian

General Update -

I have had the RS for a little over a year now, she has now completed around 9K on the ODO, she has been great pick so far. Over the past year, i have spent money on the following.

1. Clutch + flywheel Kit - this costed me ~35K - Got it done from an independent garage. This was done at 63-64K on the ODO.

2.Audio upgrade. - Discretionary spend

3.Detailing the car - Discretionary spend

4. Service at the time of Purchase along with changing hoses and liquids - 16K

I now plan to start getting her serviced from an independent garage in and around Delhi. Please let me know if you have specific questions.

Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 19:37   #89
BHPian

Hill Drive - Kufri - Fagu - Narkanda - Shimla

Mates - Just wanted to share an update on the recent long drive.

Feedback on performance in the hilly terrain.

The good -

1. RS was a lot of fun in the winding roads the feedback and the control it offered is phenomenal.

2. I managed 6.1/100 on tarmac and 7.9/100 on the hills - both per trip computer and i was not necessarily driving slow and this is with the AC on most of the time, except in cold weather when the computer switches the heater on.

The Bad.

1. Power delivery can be a nuisance in the hills, especially when you are approaching an incline from still, this is not so much an issue when moving or from a rolling start, this took a while to get adapted too, but managed it.

2. Front nose wing - The wing scraped and is totally me being careless, i was looking away while reversing and took the hit.

I was pleasantly surprised that the ground clearance is actually sufficient, i was very skeptical when i decided to take my precious to the hills, but she performed flawlessly. Overall no complaints.

some pictures for the team. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks - ML.
Attached Thumbnails
My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-dscn1567.jpg  

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-dscn1568.jpg  

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-dscn1564.jpg  

My Precious - RS1 - Skoda Octavia vRS. Now Remapped!-dscn1569.jpg  

Last edited by Motoringlover : 1st April 2013 at 19:39.
Motoringlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 19:49   #90
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you had a rocking time amid snow, while we Hydeez are sizzling under 40 degrees heat!!

By the way, what is this 'nose wing' that got scraped?

And your other experience about lacking power on an incline while moving from a standstill applies to most turbo-charged cars, be they diesel of petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks