Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2012, 19:38   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo 20,000 km Ownership Review - Delighted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Crisp review itsgeox! I liked the way you have maintained the car. Clean & Stock! What is the condition of tyres after 20k?
My tyres are Apollo Acceleres. I had specifically asked for these OEM tyres while taking delivery. Since its a softer compound than say MRF's, wear is more but on the bright side grip is way better. It should last me another 20k. I may be speculating here but I feel the tyre wear is not that bad.
Old 6th September 2012, 20:45   #17
BHPian

Even my car is shod with the aceleres. Initially I was In doubt because many owners had complained about the pulling problem due to these tyres, but I facedno such issues and I am pretty satisfied with them. The only problem is that I find them very prone to punctures.
Old 6th September 2012, 21:03   #18
BHPian

My car came with MRF ZV2K and it is hard compound, lasts for 50K kms. But I am worried about the grip, although mine is ABS. Wanted to go for Yoko ES100 which has cross threads, but it is available in 185/60/14 and if I get them, the suspension warranty voids. I did not wanted to spend on Yoko A drives which is soft compound 175/65/14 which is same size of stock tyres as I do not gain on looks front.

The MRF ZV2K also seems better with little road noise, but I have not pushed hard into the corners to find its grip. But once, I was doing a sharp curve in 40-50kmph and felt the front tyres slipped bit, but not sure on that.
Old 6th September 2012, 23:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok
Even my car is shod with the aceleres. Initially I was In doubt because many owners had complained about the pulling problem due to these tyres, but I facedno such issues and I am pretty satisfied with them. The only problem is that I find them very prone to punctures.
As a matter of fact I too faced a slight pulling issue in the beginning. After the first tyre rotation, it dissappeared! Havent had any punctures till now.
Old 7th September 2012, 00:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane
My car came with MRF ZV2K and it is hard compound, lasts for 50K kms. But I am worried about the grip, although mine is ABS. Wanted to go for Yoko ES100 which has cross threads, but it is available in 185/60/14 and if I get them, the suspension warranty voids.
IMHO MRF's are not the one's I would suggest for grip.
I too will be doing a 185 section tyre upgrade once suspension warranty gets over. Guess it gets over at 40k kms?
Old 7th September 2012, 11:40   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
That's a very nice short review. How about some pictures of your car? It's nice to hear that you are extremely satisfied with the car and Ford. Was the 20k service the first one? I feel the Figo is a very practical and nice car; but majority of the ownerships (& reviews) are for the Figo diesel. I have not seen many Petrol Figo owners. And btw, those are pretty nice F.E figures that you are getting with the A/C on.
Well I drive around a petrol Figo and agree wholeheartedly with the review, except F.E. Man ! The petrol avatar drinks up like a camel. And its frequent trips to the pump burns a gaping hole in your pocket . Apart from that , Its pure joy to drive. Damn silent, to such an extent that sometimes by mistake I try to crank her up again thinking its off!
Old 7th September 2012, 16:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
My car came with MRF ZV2K and it is hard compound, lasts for 50K kms. But I am worried about the grip, although mine is ABS. Wanted to go for Yoko ES100 which has cross threads, but it is available in 185/60/14 and if I get them, the suspension warranty voids. I did not wanted to spend on Yoko A drives which is soft compound 175/65/14 which is same size of stock tyres as I do not gain on looks front.

The MRF ZV2K also seems better with little road noise, but I have not pushed hard into the corners to find its grip. But once, I was doing a sharp curve in 40-50kmph and felt the front tyres slipped bit, but not sure on that.
Forget ZV2K, they would last for close to 45k or so, but in the later part of their life, they'll be very irritating with the discomfort, grip would go for a toss and will be noisy.
I switched from ZV2K to XM2's on my fiesta recently, would say they are far better, but costly. If you are looking for a budget one, I would say go for A Drive or Acceleres, they are both very good. Both A-Drive and Acceleres are VFM, last close to 40k+ and comfortable, grippy - only problem is the soft compound but if you ride on cleaner roads(unlike over the potholes here in hyderabad), you would not regret your decision.

All said, I would suggest treat the wonderful steering with their perfect match of shoes for a great and fun to drive car

Last edited by Fiest@DuraTec : 7th September 2012 at 16:05.
Fiest@DuraTec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 17:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience Itsgeox. Great to know that your car is aging very well or rather showing minimal effect. Even I have never regretted buying Figo one bit. Mine has done 7K kms now and as its putting on more miles the engine has really begun to open up and getting more smoother and quieter. Ofcourse as you mention idling is clattery as ever but I dont mind that much with the music on.

Did you do any ICE upgrades yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I loved the part : " I decided that a car is more than just the engine and the brand "

Something a lot of people dont understand. Majority Jump into Selling the Car even before they buy one. For God Sake You are going to drive inside the car for atleast 3 years before you sell it. Should you really be focusing on the selling part of the driving part!!

Well.. Maybe different people have different priorities!!
Very right about different individual priorities. For eg I personally do care for the car looks but then its not priority one cause when I am driving i dont see how it looks , rather i feel how it drives and what kind of comfort and space it offers. One of the reasons why I zeroed in on Figo.
Old 14th September 2012, 14:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Did you do any ICE upgrades yet?
No ICE upgrades yet. I am not what you would call an Audiophile. The stock system works for me, but yes there is distortion at higher volumes. IMHO, the head unit is fine, its the speakers that are the culprits. Speaker replacement is good idea.
Old 8th January 2013, 11:38   #25
BHPian

First Major Maintenance - My Ford Figo

Hi BHPians,

Of late I started hearing a whistling/hissing sound from the A/C blower at regular intervals. It was as if the A/C was drawing in fresh air/gas every 5 mins or so. I also started to feel the otherwise supreme cooling effect diminishing. I went through a lot of forums in the net and finally figured out that this could be an evaporator leak.

I went to Kairali Ford Service center. They confirmed my diagnosis without much delay after running some set of tests. Informed me to bring in the car next day morning which I did. The evaporator was replaced under warranty and the gas was also filled. I was only charged Rs.342 for the A/C filter. Overall I was really impressed by the service center approach, their diagnosis and their workmanship.

If it wasnt for the warranty it would have cost me nearly 10k inclusive of labour. My car is nearly 2 yrs old. I have the 3rd yr extended warranty free of cost. I will also be taking the 4th year paid warranty too. I dont think this is a Ford specific issue. Have encountered this with a Maruti that I had owned. That was also rectified under warranty.

Hope nothing else crops up. Touchwood!
Old 4th February 2013, 15:30   #26
BHPian

Ok BHPians. An update on 26k kms.

Off late I have been having trouble with the car. Not really because of the car per se.

I did a wheel alignment at 25k kms. After a trip to Coonoor and that too before completing 1k kms my alignment went for a toss. Front tyres started to uneven wear. My steering started to wobble at low speeds. Tried to swap the front tyres with back ones. One of teh back tyres had a nail and a bulge. Now had introduce the spare tyre to the party.

Moral of the story: Dont go for the customary 5k kms allignment unless you feel that tyres are misaligned (you can either feel it from the steering wobble, pull to one-direction or just by checking the tyre wear). The guys might do some adjustment just to satisfy you, and you might end up in trouble.

One query bhpians: Do we get tyre replacement for tyre bulge? I mean is there some sort of warranty for that. I dont expect it in my case since its run 26k kms but still..

Last edited by itsgeox : 4th February 2013 at 15:34.
Old 4th February 2013, 15:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgeox View Post

One query bhpians: Do we get tyre replacement for tyre bulge? I mean is there some sort of warranty for that. I dont expect it in my case since its run 26k kms but still..
Why don't you post a pic about the bulge so people can see and confirm required action. Although if you read GTO's post about tyres and blowouts, any deformation can lead to permanent damage to the tires.
Old 4th February 2013, 15:47   #28
BHPian

Ok now coming on to the second issue:

I had A/C evaporator replaced under warranty due to gas leak(chk previous posts). Of late I started feeling decrease in cooling capacity. Went back to the service center. They said cooling is fine. I insisted. Said my whole family felt the decrease in cooling. They said they will check.

Checked gas leak. No gas leak. Finally they zeroed in on a loose compressor coupling. Said probably due to that, the compressor wasnt connected all the while. Fixed. Now cooling seems to be better.

Highly Recommended: Asked service center to check if my car's running the latest software. Checked. Found it wasn't. Updated.
Results: The car is definitely more smooth. Definitely more responsive to throttle inputs (almost like a petrol car now). Lesser engine noise (or so i think). I feel an increase in low and mid-range torque. Lesser jerks while changing gears. I'm lovin' it. Guys please check your s/w version on the diesel Figo asap.
Old 4th February 2013, 15:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

I had the same problem with the rhs front Goodyear. The Goodyear repesentative examined the tyre and attributed it to the tyre bumping into something . This was when the car had less than 5K on the ODO. I have therefore put it in the trunk for use as a replacement when there is a puncture.

My car has now clocked 38.7 K Km in 2 years 2 months. The tyres have worn out substantially and will have to be replaced in the next 6-8 K Km. One thing is certain that I will not be going in for Goodyears. Apollo Accelere's are something I might opt for. No fancy rubber for this car. Any one wth some suggestions . How are MRF tyres in terms of grip, noise and durability.
Old 4th February 2013, 15:50   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Why don't you post a pic about the bulge so people can see and confirm required action. Although if you read GTO's post about tyres and blowouts, any deformation can lead to permanent damage to the tires.
Will do as soon as I can take a pic of the tyre. Good suggestion.

Most Viewed