Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2013, 13:13   #241
Team-BHP Support

Re: Effects of Sunday Morning Detailing Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
With not much to do, started off the day with detailing both the car and the bike. Here is how it turned out.
I should have pulled you out today as well.

And what detailing? To all uninformed - I've seen the car whole day yesterday, and it was looking better than brand new! These guys keep their cars in such a shiny state, its totally addictive.

OT: I'm going to wash and polish the scooter.
Old 24th March 2013, 13:34   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I should have pulled you out today as well.

And what detailing? To all uninformed - I've seen the car whole day yesterday, and it was looking better than brand new! These guys keep their cars in such a shiny state, its totally addictive.

OT: I'm going to wash and polish the scooter.
Today too I could have joined

For the car, used the Jopasu to get rid of the dust and used the quick detailer on the car, Tyre shine and alloys shine.

For the bike, Meguars Wax, Quick detailer for he plastic parts and the Tyre shine. An hour and half of burning calories this was the end result.
Old 24th March 2013, 13:50   #243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
With not much to do, started off the day with detailing both the car and the bike. Here is how it turned out.
Detailing but with what? What did you use?

Edit: never mind. Just saw your latest post.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 24th March 2013 at 13:51.
Old 24th March 2013, 18:02   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Krishna sir,

Linea looks stunning as usual but my question is related to the RTR. You have turned the matte grey to a glossy one. Is it the effect of the wash+polish?

Anyways, great job on the maintenance front.

OT: How does your family take your dedication to maintenance? My mom thrashes me every fortnight when I end up cleaning the bike for close to 3 hours
Old 24th March 2013, 18:32   #245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
OT: How does your family take your dedication to maintenance? My mom thrashes me every fortnight when I end up cleaning the bike for close to 3 hours
Step 1 : when you buy a vehicle, get a black (or some other difficult-to-maintain) color

Step 2 : for the first few days, whine and grumble at home about how dust settles so much on this color

Step 3 : do as much detailing as you want, and whenever your family complains about the time spent on that, go back to step 2 and repeat

Works always, personal experience.
KarthikK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 21:57   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hi Krishna sir,

Linea looks stunning as usual but my question is related to the RTR. You have turned the matte grey to a glossy one. Is it the effect of the wash+polish?

Anyways, great job on the maintenance front.

Hi Buddy, I am not that old to be clubbed with the "Sir" Age Group

The matt grey was done in 2007. During the course of 6 years, the matt has sort of become glossy, so the polishing only has enhanced the glossy feel to it.

Ah, with the family they have stopped worrying about it. But one thing for sure, wifey is sometimes jealous that I give too much to my bike and car. I gift her something when she is starts grumbling about the car and bike to divert her attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Step 1 : when you buy a vehicle, get a black (or some other difficult-to-maintain) color

Step 2 : for the first few days, whine and grumble at home about how dust settles so much on this color

Step 3 : do as much detailing as you want, and whenever your family complains about the time spent on that, go back to step 2 and repeat

Works always, personal experience.
That was a good one Kathik, it definitely does work.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 21:26   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Mileage update:

39th Refill - 398.30 kms - 28.49 liters - 13.98 kmpl - average speed - 19 kmph

With the another 150 odd kms to go for the 15000, planning to get the 2nd service done this Saturday at Vecto Motors (hopefully, as their planned date is 5th April). Will give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment.
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:49   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Woke up to see this today morning. Not sure what has caused this, but the start to the day was not good.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_20130402_092344.jpg

This is on the left front wheel fender.
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:02   #249
BHPian

Looks like a scratch by some neighbourhood cat/dog. Could have been a Tom and Jerry session in the night.

But whatever it is does not look right. Looks a little deep. Touch up should fix it.
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2013, 21:00   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Booked for the 15000 service with Vecto Motors tomorrow. Since they are starting off operations from tomorrow, not expecting them to fix the scratches.

Will post the experience tomorrow after the service.
Old 6th April 2013, 21:55   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Hit the 15000 mark yesterday post the 15,000 kms service.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130405_212841.jpg

It was time to get the 2nd free service done. With Vecto Motors opening the service facility on the same, what better way to get a feeler of things to come as well as get the service done.

The service appointment was taken. A prompt follow up call was made by the service advisor to make note of all the things that needs to done for the service.

I had taken an appointment at 9 am. However, thanks to the maddening traffic, I was able to reach only by 9.35 am. The service advisor was already waiting with the job card which was already made. The SA further checked if I had any issues that I noted from the call made on the previous day.

The list of issues noted.

1. A mild rattle on the right door.
2. Bonnet slightly misaligned after I fiddled around with the stopper bushes
3. Boot alignment had to be re-looked.

The SA further noted the seat position, volume level and radio station/music source. On questioning, they would give the car back in the same condition it was given after the service and hence they are noting these finer aspects.

The service would take around a couple of hours. So opted to stay around and also have a look at the new service facility. Got an opportunity to meet Mr. Premanand Shenoy (MD Vecto Motors). A bit more on this a little later.

The list of things that would be done on the 15,000 kms service from the service booklet.

1. Engine oil change
2. Oil Filter Change
3. Air filter change
4. Fuel Filter change
5. A/C Filter change
6. All electrical things check up
7. Brakes checking and adjustment.
8. Wash
9. Wheel Alignment
10. Wheel Balancing.

The things that I opted out was.

1. AC Filter (was changed a couple of thousand kms back, as it was already chocked. This time only cleaned and put back in the car.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130405_153158.jpg

2. Wheel alignment and balancing, will be done from Madhus Langford road.
3. Vehicle Wash - (The wash set up is not yet ready), anyways my car gets washed at 3M.

Observations post service

1. The door rattle fixed for now.
2. Bonnet aligned and looks far better than how it was given before service
3. Boot aligned to satisfaction too

All the other service related stuff apart from the items I opted out were done satisfactorily.

Rating

1. Taken time to attend to me and prepare the job card - 10/10
2. Work done - 10/10
3. Billing process and time taken - 9/10 (why nine is due to the fact that the billing and DMS is not live yet. FIAT has not stuck to its promised date of getting the systems up and running).
4. Bill amount - 10/10 (nothing additional piled up in the bill to inflate the bill.)
5. Overall Rating - 9.5/10

Will I recommend Vecto Motors gate service center - Yes
Will I recommend Service adviser Karthik - Yes

Observations post the 15,000 service.

1. The engine felt smoother, probably due to oil change.
2. The engine seems rev with a bit more eagerness. Most probably due to air filter being replaced.

The total service cost Rs. 5,233/-. The cost break up.

1. Engine Oil Selenia WR 5W-40 - Rs. 1905.68/- (for 3.2 litres)
2. Air filter - Rs. 296.94/-
3. Oil Filter - Rs. 358.95/-
4. Fuel Filter - Rs. 1709.39/- (How I wish only the cartridge was available. This is UFI, a sealed unit with no option of replacing the cartridge)
5. Consumables - Rs 218.34/- (A detailed explanation was given as why this was charged. The WD 40 Spray used for all joints on doors, boot, bonnet, etc. Tapes and straps used in the right door to fix the rattle. Cotton waste, emery paper)

Parts - Rs. 4,570.30/-
Tax - Rs. 662.70/-

Total - Rs. 5,233/-

A few pics of the service facility.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130405_095454.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130405_095503.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130405_095507.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_1251.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_1252.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_1253.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_1254.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_1257.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_1261.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_1262.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_1264.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-img_1265.jpg

A couple of things still pending at the 3S facility is the washing facility pending (would be fixed by Monday) and the DMS yet to go Liva. Vecto Motors are people currently handling the things all manually. They will upload all the service details once the systems go live.

Also had a chat with Mr. Premanand Shenoy and CRM Mr. Chennabasappa. They are currently seeking feedback from the customers to improve the softer aspects of during the service. A few things to look out are

1. Andriod app to book service and pull the service history of the vehicle.
2. Semi automatic wash systems (costing around Rs. 7.5 Lakhs) that will be operational from the coming week to ensure the washing complaints are taken care of. The waiting time for the vehicle was reduced as the machine can handle up to 15 cars per hour.
3. The current volume of service vehicles is keenly looked at. An additional service center might come up in the next 6 months on how things go.
4. Ipads to be made available at the showroom highlighting the features of the cars on offer.
5. WiFi facility at the service center for the customers.
nkrishnap is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 20:01   #252
BHPian

I was there for my brake pad replacement - done to my satisfaction. Headlight beam setting was also done. The facility looks clean and presentable, and bright too.
autocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2013, 21:58   #253
Team-BHP Support

NKP,
You also got the RD installed right? So you had it taken out, before you went for the service? How is it that these guys dont notice? Is it that easy a plug and play part that even the wires etc cannot be detected?
Old 7th April 2013, 23:11   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
NKP,
You also got the RD installed right? So you had it taken out, before you went for the service? How is it that these guys dont notice? Is it that easy a plug and play part that even the wires etc cannot be detected?
No. I did not get the box installed. So no hassles of taking it out and putting it back :-)
Old 8th April 2013, 08:27   #255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
NKP,
amp, the cables are part of the box connectors and since it is a bypass cable (original sensor cable to ECU is plugged into RD box and RD box out-cable is plugged into ECU), all that is required is to remove that bypass box and cable and connect the sensor cables directly again while going for a service. Service folks won't be able to detect that there was something sitting in-between and modifying the sensor values .

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th April 2013 at 08:30.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks