Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2013, 15:43   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Mileage Update:

53rd Refill: 288.2 kms - 20.73 liters - 13.90 KMPL (MID 14.1 kmpl) - Average Speed 16 kmph - Rs. 55.39/- per litre from IOCL - Opposite to Woodlands hotel.
Old 20th July 2013, 09:35   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the tyres swapped to Hankook Ventus V12 K110 with inputs from the tyre experts. Nikhil needs a special mention in narrowing down to this choice based on my requirements, Thanks a ton Nikhil.

The tyres racked up.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-tire-rack.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-hankook-ventus.jpg

The old Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 being removed from the rims.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-old-tyre-removal-1.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-old-tyre-removal-2.jpg

The unused spare Goodyear Eagle NCT 5

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-old-unused-gt3.jpg

The Hankooks being put on the alloy wheel.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-hankook-rims.jpg

The Wheel ready with Hankook Ventus V12.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-tyre-ready-hankook.jpg

Initial observations after driving around 40 odd kms.

1. The ride seems a lot better than Goodyears though Hankook being a harder compound tyres. But the Yokohama AVS DB or the Michelin PLC ride quality will be way better for sure.
2. The sidewall is quite thick and presume it to be quite tough.
3. The road noise seems a lot lesser than Goodyears, but not as silent as the Yokohama AVS DB or the Michelin PLC

Disclaimer: These are solely my observations and it can differ from others.

Cost:

Hankooks - 6500 odd a piece (give or take a couple of hundreds here and there)
Buy back Old unused Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 - 6000

Total cost: (6500 * 5) - 6000 = 26500/-

Disposing off the used Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 with around 5-7k kms life left to recover some of the cost.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 21:10   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Got the tyres swapped to Hankook Ventus V12 K110 with inputs from the tyre experts.
Hey Krishna, how did the tires perform during your trip to Leh?
Curious how these ultra-high-performance summer tires did in the colder regions.
Old 16th August 2013, 09:58   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

A two part update on the car.

1. The striping of the car's floor and putting it back due to wet carpets

On the return from drive up north, unfortunately in the water logged roads of Ludhiana the carpets had gone wet. Gave it to Vecto motors to do the job of the drying it and used this opportunity to use the 3M dampening mats to cover up the floor area.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130811_124830.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130811_124844.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130811_135001.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130811_135055.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130811_135524.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130811_135550.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130813_154538.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130813_154555.jpg

2. Got the SR paint sealant and the interiors cleaned

How it was before handing over the car to Sidhu's team.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130814_172507.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130814_172542.jpg

End result of exterior and interior treatment.

Exterior

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130814_201946.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130815_171301.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130815_171239.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130815_185659.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130815_170856.jpg

Interior

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130815_170638.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130815_170712.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130815_170746.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130815_170754.jpg

Loving the end result and seeing the car as good as new and a big thanks to the Sidhu's team for making the car as good as new again .

PS: The dampening has helped cut the road a bit.
nkrishnap is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 22:49   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

With the amplifier conking off due to wet carpets as it was placed under the seat, had to replace it after checking with Satya (Evo). Got the rear co-axials replaced with Stage Audio 5 1/4 components and the amp upgraded to ARC XDi 804 4 channel amp with the Stinger RC converter.

A few pics.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130816_145309.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130816_145321.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130816_145336.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130816_145553.jpg

Size comparison with Cerwin Wega Amp.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130816_145617.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130816_145742.jpg

Placement of the tweeters on the door.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130816_215553.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130816_215545.jpg

The crossover and the amplifier in the boot

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130816_215648.jpg
Old 17th August 2013, 00:51   #306
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the TL. How would you rate the tyres on 'road noise' and side-wall strength? If your feedback is positive, I will also go for these tyres. At 6.5 K it really appears VFM. Your car is gleaming after the treatment at 3M.
Old 18th August 2013, 15:02   #307

Krishna,
I have to say your posts on Team-BHP, via this thread and others, have as much attention to detail as any I have seen on professional reviews. Of course, the passion displayed here in general even beats those on multiple car forums, that I have been privileged to be a part of, thanks to car ownerships in other parts of the world. In no small part to your thread, my latest drive booking is a Linea MJD Emotion in Oceanic Blue that I have booked yesterday at Vecto. I even acknowledged your and KarthiK's) influence in my purchase decision to Karthick, Abhilash over there. I am trading in the well-serving family sedan ('07 Octavia Tdi) to get this. Thank you, and hope to meet up with you in person, sometime, as I now have quite a few accessories and upgrades questions!

Mukund
mux_usa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 18:45   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mux_usa View Post
Krishna,
I have to say your posts on Team-BHP, via this thread and others, have as much attention to detail as any I have seen on professional reviews. Of course, the passion displayed here in general even beats those on multiple car forums, that I have been privileged to be a part of, thanks to car ownerships in other parts of the world. In no small part to your thread, my latest drive booking is a Linea MJD Emotion in Oceanic Blue that I have booked yesterday at Vecto. I even acknowledged your and KarthiK's) influence in my purchase decision to Karthick, Abhilash over there. I am trading in the well-serving family sedan ('07 Octavia Tdi) to get this. Thank you, and hope to meet up with you in person, sometime, as I now have quite a few accessories and upgrades questions!

Mukund
Hi Mukund,

Nice to know that the review of use to you. Congrats on booking the car. Kindly drop an email with your contact details, we can meet up in the near future.

Cheers,
KRISHNA
Old 18th August 2013, 19:23   #309
BHPian

These guys, KarthikK, mkrishnap and a few others here are selling more Lineas for FIAT than the dealerships can on their own! May the tribe of Linea owners increase!
TheTeacher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 20:18   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
These guys, KarthikK, mkrishnap and a few others here are selling more Lineas for FIAT than the dealerships can on their own! May the tribe of Linea owners increase!
Agreed, @TheTeacher! The best part, and probably the oft unsaid aspect, about these guys' meticulous attention to detail, lends to Fiat probably not realizing the gaffe their sales guys commit when it comes to marketing their cars. During the couple of test drives, I could visibly relate to specific aspects of the cars from the reviews and comments posted here, and correct the SA. If there was something called Customer Referral Bonus, (apropos Employee Referral, in organizations) nkrishnap, KarthikK, et al could well benefit though I am sure their intent goes well beyond those, and are fueled by the Fiat passion (pun intended!).

@nkrishnap, I am too junior a member around here to be able to PM you. My coordinates are: mukunds@outlook.com; would appreciate if you can drop in an initial mail, so I can respond to you.
mux_usa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 22:48   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

8000 KMs review of Hankook tyres and Mileage update

The observations with the Hankooks Ventus V12 K110 205/55 R16 94W after driving it around 8,000 kms.

1. The sidewalls are strong and can take quite a bit of abuse. The tyres stood the test of Zozilla pass twice and other bad stretches with ease.
2. The tyres are surprisingly quiet (I for one certainly did not expect it to be a quiet tyre) as compared to the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5. Though the tyre noise increases on concrete roads, but nothing to really worry about and is again lesser than the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5
3. The sidewalls being a lot stronger and harder compound makes the ride a bit stiff but still way more comfortable than the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5. Another observation is that the ride gets better with the tyres warming up. The ride is a bit stiff when the tyres are cold. Takes about 10-15 kms for the tyres to warm up depending on the tarmac.
4. The dry grip again is way better than the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5.
5. Wet grip is quite decent, however these are not a proper wet tyres (these are premium summer tyre). However, the water drainage is quite good, did more than 1000 kms in rain and had not problems with either the grip or aquaplaning.
6. The thread pattern is aesthetically better than the Goodyear Eagle NCT 5.
7. These tyres sort of being new entrants the cost of these tyres are quite less as compared to the Yokos and Michelins.

The negative that I can see from these tyres are that they come with the distributor warranty which is more or less like having no warranty.

Note: All the observations are in comparison to Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 tyres that were used for 19337 kms.

A mileage update covering the trip.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-mileage.jpg

Last edited by nkrishnap : 18th August 2013 at 22:50.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 23:16   #312
BHPian

Re: 8000 KMs review of Hankook tyres and Mileage update

Quote:
A mileage update covering the trip.
Good to note that the KMPL almost matches the MID Kmpl figure.

The average speed in the City, compared to the average speed in the Hills, speaks volumes about the conditions of the CITY traffic. Especially in a city like Hyderabad, i always feel that driving on the pot holed roads, is a greater challenge than driving on the hills and mountains of Ladhak!

Thank you for such a wonderful and very helpful, informative Ownership report, krishna. Just this table, showing the fuel fill ups - numbered - speaks of the meticulous nature of your car ownership.

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 23:21   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
Good to note that the KMPL almost matches the MID Kmpl figure.

The average speed in the City, compared to the average speed in the Hills, speaks volumes about the conditions of the CITY traffic. Especially in a city like Hyderabad, i always feel that driving on the pot holed roads, is a greater challenge than driving on the hills and mountains of Ladhak!

Thank you for such a wonderful and very helpful, informative Ownership report, krishna. Just this table, showing the fuel fill ups - numbered - speaks of the meticulous nature of your car ownership.

- Sai
The average speeds in city like Bangalore (more so with the IT corridor) during peak hours is single digits . The traffic, potholes, road sense and many other factors simply kill the pleasure of driving in the city.

If I start at 6 pm from office, it nearly takes about 20-30 mins to take a U turn which is just about 400 odd meters away. I have simply started going to office early and leaving office by 5 to minimize this effect. The two wheeler is more apt, however with the monsoon still around its the car that will do the duty for couple of months more.
Old 18th August 2013, 23:38   #314
BHPian

Quote:
The average speeds in city like Bangalore (more so with the IT corridor) during peak hours is single digits . The traffic, potholes, road sense and many other factors simply kill the pleasure of driving in the city.

If I start at 6 pm from office, it nearly takes about 20-30 mins to take a U turn which is just about 400 odd meters away. I have simply started going to office early and leaving office by 5 to minimize this effect. The two wheeler is more apt, however with the monsoon still around its the car that will do the duty for couple of months more.
I could not have agreed more. That is the exact situation I am in including the idea of changing my office timings, going on a two-wheeler etc. However, I cannot change my office timings (since I can opt to go early but still have to stay late ) but the two-wheeler part is being thought of seriously. Should buy a new one and hence I am all over the forum, asking about the RE Thunder Bird. Have been reading a lot including J Ravi sirs ownership thread.

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 22:25   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

With the tyres already covering 8148 kms, headed to Madhus (Langford Road) after slipping away from office a little early.

A couple of pics with the road force balancing with the before and after comparison.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130819_183723.jpg

Alignment Report

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20130819_185753.jpg

I was out in 40 mins with both the balancing and alignment done to satisfaction as it has been with Madhus.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed