Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2018, 21:34   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Crossed the 93K mark on Monday with a long drive.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-93000.jpg

FCA is conducting a service camp with discounts on the Spares and Labour. Decided to advance the timing chain change and a few other replacements to get the benefit of the discount. Got the below items replaced.

1. Timing Chain Kit - New type
2. Diesel Filter
3. Engine Oil and Oil Filter
4. Engine B Mount
5. Gear Shift Cables
6. Clutch Kit

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-engine-b-mount-new.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-engine-b-mount.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-gear-cables.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-new-gear-cables-clutch-work.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-timing-chain-old-vs-new.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-water-pump.jpg

Replaced the stock wipers with Hella Dyna Edge.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-hella-dyna-edge.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-hella-dyna-edge-mounts-2.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-hella-dyna-edge-mounts-1.jpg

Air Filter replaced before the Monday Drive

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-air-filter-1.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-air-filter-2.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 22:11   #572
Senior - BHPian

That's a nice shine on the bonnet even with 93k on the odo !

Btw, I guess you would've possibly come across suggestions to change the water pump along with the timing chain, SA felt it wasn't necessary ?

Also, my SA at Vector was saying the Engine B mount may need to be changed during the next service, I've had that thought bug me ever since, any clue what made the SA say that mounts need to be changed ? & the cost ?

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 21st February 2018 at 22:14.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 22:45   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
That's a nice shine on the bonnet even with 93k on the odo !

Btw, I guess you would've possibly come across suggestions to change the water pump along with the timing chain, SA felt it wasn't necessary ?

Also, my SA at Vector was saying the Engine B mount may need to be changed during the next service, I've had that thought bug me ever since, any clue what made the SA say that mounts need to be changed ? & the cost ?
I deal with service center a little differently. When I call for appointment, I tell them clearly what is required during the service so that the parts are available and I know there wont be any delays.

On the SA bugging thingy, I dont give them a chance. I assess the vehicle when it is put on ramp and gauge if it needs replacement or not. I go by my judgement and do not give in to their pressure. I am following a need based servicing than the printed schedule (more often than not, it would be much earlier than the prescribed schedule). This part may need replacement is rubbish really. Either needs or not. How is it possible to predict that it will need replacement next service? If the condition is bad, you need replacement now rather than later. This isn't brake pads where you can assess the life left.

The mounts costs around 1500 bucks (misplaced the invoice, will find it and give the exact price).
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 23:52   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Replaced the stock wipers with Hella Dyna Edge.
Let me know about the improvements over the stock. What I have realised is that after trying many different brands including Bosch and Hella, the stocks one are the best (in my old Punto). Further, given the 4+ months of rains in Mumbai and summer temperatures and in general the travelling the Abarth does, I feel the ideal time to replace wiper blades is around 12-14 months. So far sticking to the stock ones as they are serving me well. On the second set now.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 20:30   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Let me know about the improvements over the stock. What I have realised is that after trying many different brands including Bosch and Hella, the stocks one are the best (in my old Punto). Further, given the 4+ months of rains in Mumbai and summer temperatures and in general the travelling the Abarth does, I feel the ideal time to replace wiper blades is around 12-14 months. So far sticking to the stock ones as they are serving me well. On the second set now.
Have had these wipers for a week now, with no rains whatsoever. All the work it has done is during the wash wipe function. Seems to be on par with the OEMs if not better.

OEM Wipers cost have been on increasing trend, it costs 1600 a pair now.
Old 24th February 2018, 11:20   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
In my case, they didn't suggest me to replace. @60K Kms, I replaced the timing chain in Vecto and @1.12L Kms, I replaced it at True Sai. Both didn't suggest. I will ask them to check during my next servicing.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 23:20   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
In my case, they didn't suggest me to replace. @60K Kms, I replaced the timing chain in Vecto and @1.12L Kms, I replaced it at True Sai. Both didn't suggest. I will ask them to check during my next servicing.
Check the condition and change, I cant recollect reading a time frame or kms mark to have this change. A noise will be associated with it to warrant a replacement.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:23   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Crossed a couple of milestones in the past 2 weeks.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-93000.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-94000.jpg
Old 14th May 2018, 21:19   #579
Distinguished - BHPian

Linea is slowly but surely closing in on the magic 100,000 kms mark. Crossed the 98,000 mark on Sunday.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-97000.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-98000.jpg

A couple of pics from the recent drive to Western Ghats.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-late-evening-drive-post-rains.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-somewhere-western-ghats.jpg

I will try and summarize the experience with the Linea in these 100,000 kms and remap experience of 40,000 odd kms.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th May 2018 at 22:20. Reason: 100,00 -> 100,000
nkrishnap is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 12:14   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Nearing the magic 100,000 kms mark. 99000 kms out of the way with the recent drive to Honnavar.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-99000.jpg

Changed the AC filter and Air filter before the drive as it had covered around 3000 kms.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-ac-filter.jpg

A pic while driving over the Sharavathi river bridge.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-sharavati-river-bridge.jpg

I have a couple of drives lined up. Before that I would like to change the oil and oil filter (it was previously changed at 92xxx km mark). The car needs new tyres in another 5000 kms. MC5s are at the end of its life. Contemplating between Michelin Primacy 3ST and Continental MC5s for the next change.
nkrishnap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 17:08   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Linea cross the milestone finally. Here we go.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-99999.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-100000.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 17:25   #582
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Linea cross the milestone finally. Here we go.
Congrats KP. Welcome to the six digit club.

Now with some official runs being shifted to the Isuzu, the Linea may see a slower pace going forward!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 16:20   #583
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Krishna on crossing the 6 digit mark. I have got hold of a friends 2009 Linea for a month or so and using it as a daily driver so got a few questions about the car.

1. What was the reason for removing the projector setup? You said the light throw was good so was there an issue of improper resealing? Also, where was this done?
2. Hows the remap with the Wolf, I had T-O-T remap on the Manza which I am not sure you drove or not but any comparison with respect to T-O-T and Code6
3. Map 2 is more suited for city because of low-end torque to negate the mjd turbolag?
4. The car has a few dents so will it be cheaper at Trend auto. How much were you charged to weld the upper grill, remove the dent with painting? This is a Hiphop black version.

Last edited by motomaverick : 24th August 2018 at 16:23.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 11:15   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats Krishna on crossing the 6 digit mark. I have got hold of a friends 2009 Linea for a month or so and using it as a daily driver so got a few questions about the car.

1. What was the reason for removing the projector setup? You said the light throw was good so was there an issue of improper resealing? Also, where was this done?
2. Hows the remap with the Wolf, I had T-O-T remap on the Manza which I am not sure you drove or not but any comparison with respect to T-O-T and Code6
3. Map 2 is more suited for city because of low-end torque to negate the mjd turbolag?
4. The car has a few dents so will it be cheaper at Trend auto. How much were you charged to weld the upper grill, remove the dent with painting? This is a Hiphop black version.
Thank you. Here are my responses to the queries.

1. It had a bit of vibrations and hence dismantled it. I will be redoing this myself as I was not happy with the installation done. The projector set up was done at High Definition Cars.

2. I have driven the ToT remapped 90 hp punto, was not too happy with it. Code 6 did not try. ToT did not give proper responses to my queries. Wolf Moto guy was patient enough to answer all my queries and a lot of cars have these maps and are running reliably. So I went for it.

3. Map 2 makes the turbolag more liveable with. The increased torque sort of masks the lag, it does not go away completely.

4. Trend would be cheaper than the authorized service center too. Cost would solely depend on the extent of damage. I believe i was charged around 6k for the tinkering, fixing the grill and repainting it, bonnet painting and a couple of other tasks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th August 2018 at 23:57. Reason: Typo.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 15:13   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Here are my responses to the queries.

2. I have driven the ToT remapped 90 hp punto, was not too happy with it. Code 6 did not try. ToT did not give proper responses to my queries. Wolf Moto guy was patient enough to answer all my queries and a lot of cars have these maps and are running reliably. So I went for it.

3. Map 2 makes the turbolag more liveable with. The increased torque sort of masks the lag, it does not go away completely.
Thanks for the responses. Well it's been 4 years since I interacted with T-o-T so not sure how they are functioning nowadays. Read about a Coimbatore Linea with Code6 mapping in MFW but did not get a response from the owner as yet I guess that forum is gone.

So in terms of drivability if the car is loaded and with ac can you amble over normal sized speed bumps in 2nd gear. How's the remap in bumper to bumper. This car in question will mainly be driven in city so drivability in traffic is more important. I don't mind the lag as I have been driving multijets. But for the owner it's first time.

Sorry if I am hijacking your thread. This is my friends Linea and I am using it as a daily driver for few weeks. Suspension replacement is required for which I enquired with Vecto they quoted 13500 for the upgraded kit for all 4 wheels plus labor. They seem to be the cheapest in Blr. What do you think of True Sai? I will call them tomorrow to check about the suspension kit. Reading from your inputs True Sai seems to be a good bet to get some major done with the car.

I am also planning for a used Linea if you come across a good deal do let me know.

Last edited by motomaverick : 26th August 2018 at 15:18. Reason: Some more additional questions
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks