Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2012, 11:57   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Yes, you can claim for insurance.
i think you have a bumper to bumper insurance right?

Try looking for some linea alloys in some shops, you might be lucky sometimes. You will get it at less than half the price of the price quoted by FIAT.
No. This is not a bumper to bumper policy. This is the free insurance from Future Generali. Will call up my service advisor to check If I can claim insurance and replace the alloys with new one. The best option out. This will be my first insurance claim if it goes through :(

Its very difficult to find the 16 inch turbine blade alloys outside, but let me try that too.
Old 16th November 2012, 19:54   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap

By the way can insurance be claimed for the bent alloys?
Yes, you can claim insurance. I can tell you this as I have claimed it a month ago. Since the alloys are the stock ones it is insured. The trouble I had with United India Insurance was about the place of the accident part in the claim form. Initially they didn't agree. But they later passed the claim.

Regarding the procuring time, you can place an order with your dealership now & then can install it when your claim is passed. My dealership procured 2 alloys from Pune in 7 days flat. I also wanted a rear alloy wheel logo which was procured in 3 days. I'm quite satisfied!
Old 16th November 2012, 20:44   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_M View Post
Yes, you can claim insurance. I can tell you this as I have claimed it a month ago. Since the alloys are the stock ones it is insured. The trouble I had with United India Insurance was about the place of the accident part in the claim form. Initially they didn't agree. But they later passed the claim.

Regarding the procuring time, you can place an order with your dealership now & then can install it when your claim is passed. My dealership procured 2 alloys from Pune in 7 days flat. I also wanted a rear alloy wheel logo which was procured in 3 days. I'm quite satisfied!
Thank you so much

How much did you end up paying. If I find replacing the alloys through cheaper than getting the bend removal, I will order 2 and get them replaced.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 21:55   #124
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you so much

How much did you end up paying. If I find replacing the alloys through cheaper than getting the bend removal, I will order 2 and get them replaced.

I ended up paying Rs 4000 & some change. Well worth it I would say. Rs 16000 was paid by insurance.

I would suggest you to go through the insurance route. Structural damage is already done to the alloys & if not for anything else, just for the peace of mind, new alloy wheels are advisable. I've read in other forums on how the wobbling issues come up from repaired alloys.

Since your ride is new, a Rs 5000 investment would be totally worth it IMHO.
Old 17th November 2012, 08:25   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_M View Post
I ended up paying Rs 4000 & some change. Well worth it I would say. Rs 16000 was paid by insurance.

I would suggest you to go through the insurance route. Structural damage is already done to the alloys & if not for anything else, just for the peace of mind, new alloy wheels are advisable. I've read in other forums on how the wobbling issues come up from repaired alloys.

Since your ride is new, a Rs 5000 investment would be totally worth it IMHO.
I am wondering why its 4,000 bucks when you are going through insurance. Since this is metal part so you should be getting the full amount claimed or may be 95% and then the compulsory deductible of Rs. 500/-.

Anyways will call my service adviser to see if the claim goes through.
Old 17th November 2012, 09:16   #126
BHPian

Quote:

I am wondering why its 4,000 bucks when you are going through insurance. Since this is metal part so you should be getting the full amount claimed or may be 95% and then the compulsory deductible of Rs. 500/-.

Yes. Even I felt 4000 bucks was too steep but they gave some wierd reasoning. Being a Govt of India undertaking, I had a lot of trouble explaining what was an alloy wheel to the lady in-charge!! I was only relieved that they would atleast pay.

I had Future Generali in the first year & they were very good. The claims would be passed without any hassles. Moreover they have cashless facility. Just to save a few thousands, the greed took over & I changed to United India. Will certainly go back to Future Generali during my next cover.
Old 17th November 2012, 09:36   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There is lots of fine print involved and the insurance companies try to fleece the customer as much as possible. I was conned when i had to replace a winshield glass.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 23:27   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
There is lots of fine print involved and the insurance companies try to fleece the customer as much as possible. I was conned when i had to replace a winshield glass.
Very true, there will n number of fine prints to fleece the insured.

Got one of the alloys bend removed at A one center near Siddapura. The bend removal costed 700 bucks. The job was satisfactorily done. Sorry could not click any pics. The other one which is badly bent is still not touched, will see if the insurance claim goes through.

Spoke to the service advisor too, he has asked to give the required documents and the surveryor should be able to approve it.

Lets. Else will visit A one again to get the other bend removed too.
Old 18th November 2012, 14:27   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Very true, there will n number of fine prints to fleece the insured.

Got one of the alloys bend removed at A one center near Siddapura. The bend removal costed 700 bucks. The job was satisfactorily done. Sorry could not click any pics. The other one which is badly bent is still not touched, will see if the insurance claim goes through.

Spoke to the service advisor too, he has asked to give the required documents and the surveryor should be able to approve it.

Lets. Else will visit A one again to get the other bend removed too.
Are you keeping the repaired rim as spare ? I suggest you use it right away . Because if there are any problems you can find out.

Is it the same A1 center near ashoka pillar?
Old 18th November 2012, 16:47   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki

Are you keeping the repaired rim as spare ? I suggest you use it right away . Because if there are any problems you can find out.

Is it the same A1 center near ashoka pillar?
Yes its the same A1 center near Ashoka Pillar.

No the repaired one is not kept as spare. Its currently put at the left rear wheel.

The mild wobbling that was there seems to have disappearred. But on the side I have not a chance to test it above 60 kmph either. So final verdict is still reserved.
Old 19th November 2012, 21:59   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

The odo stands at 6,772 kms. Mileage update.

21st Refill - 191 kms - 14.74 litres - 12.96 kmpl - 100% in city with 100% AC.

The current tankful seems to be get me into the 15 kmpl bracket.
Old 20th November 2012, 22:51   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

My close pal gifted the California Duster for my Linea. Wait for the dust to accumulate on the car to clean with the California Duster.

By the way the AC was making a weird odour when you switch off the compressor. Will check with 3M buddies to see if there is any solution they can provide.

I dont want to take the car to the authorized service center from them to experiment at my cost.
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:54   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the AC ducts cleaned at the 3M car care HSR Layout and also got the PPF for the boot area to ensure there would be no scratches when loading and unloading luggage.

Cost break up

1) AC Duct cleaning - Rs. 960/-

2) PPF for the boot area - Rs. 353/-
Old 26th November 2012, 11:37   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Mileage Update

22nd Refill

Distance - 324 kms

Fuel consumed - 21.45 litres

Cost per litre - INR51.41/-

Mileage - 15.10 kmpl

Bunk - IOCL

City to Highway Mix - 100% city

AC Usage - 100%

Average Speed - 20 kmph

Finally breached the 15 kmpl mark in the city. With the kms piling on the Odo, the mileage is on the upwards and I like it.
Old 26th November 2012, 21:25   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

The car had got dirty and there was lost of dust and grime on the car. So decided get the car washed and waxed from 3M Car Care in HSR Layout. The total cost was (895+12.36% ST) = INR 1,006/-

A few pictures. Excuse me for the quality of pics, these were taken from mobile camera

The car ready for the wash

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-1.jpg

High pressure water sprayed to the Wheel wheels to blast away the dirt.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-2.jpg

The car rinsed with the foam

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-3.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-4.jpg

The video of the washing process

The car back on top after the wiping ready for waxing.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-5.jpg

The waxing begins

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-9.jpg

After effects of waxing

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-8.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-10.jpg

The interiors where vacuumed and cleaned too

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-6.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-7.jpg

End Result

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-11.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-12.jpg