Old 20th January 2016, 16:22   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hello buddy,
How many kms have you driven post remap. Please give the feedback
Cheers
I have done about 800 kms with the remap. I will post my observation on each map after I complete a few more kms on map 1 and map 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Hi Krishna, I own a Punto 1.3 mjd 75 hp version which has clocked around 110k kms. I am planning to get a remap done. Since the car has crossed a lac mark on the odometer, will I be compromising on reliability or any other factors? The car is in excellent condition though. Thanks
If you feel the engine is in top shape, go ahead with the remap. Just that with the 75HP one, do not do Wide Open Throttle runs and you will be safe.
nkrishnap is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 11:21   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I have done about 800 kms with the remap. I will post my observation on each map after I complete a few more kms on map 1 and map 4.
Eagerly waiting for your feedback. I too am completing 60K KM's pretty soon and evaluating remap option post 60K service.
Old 28th January 2016, 12:42   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevvity View Post
Eagerly waiting for your feedback. I too am completing 60K KM's pretty soon and evaluating remap option post 60K service.
Nice. Get the 60K service done and the timing chain changed to new type. Which remap are you going for? I preferred wolfmoto for the reason of switchable maps and EGR being disabled. So far the drive has been pleasureable, the Linea is surely light footed now. If its wolfmoto then get the EGR, intercooler, intake manifold cleaned. I am getting it done in a week or two.
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 09:15   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Nice. Get the 60K service done and the timing chain changed to new type. Which remap are you going for? I preferred wolfmoto for the reason of switchable maps and EGR being disabled. So far the drive has been pleasureable, the Linea is surely light footed now. If its wolfmoto then get the EGR, intercooler, intake manifold cleaned. I am getting it done in a week or two.
Can you shed some more light on this 'new type' timing chain? What is the difference from the old one? Is this applicable to all models or some specific year manufactured cars only (mine in Nov 2012)? And finally, how shall I ask the FIAT ASC to install a new type timing chain,is there any part number which I can refer ?
Old 29th January 2016, 09:41   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevvity View Post
Can you shed some more light on this 'new type' timing chain? What is the difference from the old one? Is this applicable to all models or some specific year manufactured cars only (mine in Nov 2012)? And finally, how shall I ask the FIAT ASC to install a new type timing chain,is there any part number which I can refer ?
The new chain has better lubrication, lasts longer and runs quieter. This is applicable to all MJD engines (more so 90HP ones). When you take the car for service ask them use the new type timing chain. The part number is 55261264

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-timing-chain.jpg
nkrishnap is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 10:22   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The new chain has better lubrication, lasts longer and runs quieter. This is applicable to all MJD engines (more so 90HP ones). When you take the car for service ask them use the new type timing chain. The part number is 55261264

Attachment 1466069
I got the same installed during the timing chain change for my car.

Had some hiccups sourcing the part, and the part had to arrive from another dealer. Fiat had also issued a silent circular to the dealers informing about the same.

Apparently, this has a 90k kms life, as opposed to the 60k kms life of the older type chain.
Old 29th January 2016, 10:32   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I got the same installed during the timing chain change for my car.

Had some hiccups sourcing the part, and the part had to arrive from another dealer. Fiat had also issued a silent circular to the dealers informing about the same.

Apparently, this has a 90k kms life, as opposed to the 60k kms life of the older type chain.
Fiat has silently sent out the circular and mentions only for 90 HP which is stupid in my opinion. Have one chain which is anyway having 50% more life than the earlier one. They have taken out this updated part number from the DMS. I have escalated to Fiat, awaiting their response on it.

Apart from the life, the chain links are slightly different which makes it run a little more silent. I will get the timing chain replaced in my Linea in another 20K kms as it was replaced during the 45K kms service.
Old 1st March 2016, 09:31   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

An update after a longish gap. The Odo is has started munching miles again after the remap. Crossed these milestones during this phase. A detailed observation on the remap will be up soon, need to pen it down and its delayed due to time crunch.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20160206_183636.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20160228_213127.jpg

Mileage during these runs.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-mileage.jpg

The rear struts were showing signs of weakness thanks to boot being used to carry some heavy luggage most of the time, though nothing was broken or any suck kind. Decided to go ahead with the replacement of the struts.

Old Struts

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20160207_114826.jpg

A couple of highway drives were on the cards and hence inspected the brake pads and decided to go ahead with the change even though there was some more life left in it after serving for about 30,000 kms.

Old Pads

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20160207_114646.jpg

Bangalore has gone horribly dusty for the past few years and results in the air filter and AC filter to clog much faster. The different between clogged and new just after 2,900 odd kms.

AC Filter

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20160223_201213.jpg

Air Filter

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-20160223_202413.jpg
nkrishnap is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 22:27   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Time for an update.

Crossed the 63,000 kms mark in April during the trip to Salem for the EGR and inter-cooler cleaning work.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-63000.jpg

Left home around 5 am on the 9th of April 2016 and drove leisurely to True Sai Motors. Reached there by 8.45 am after a stop over for breakfast on the way. Job card make in 10 mins and a trial before the work began. The car was on the ramp within 45 mins. One person was dedicated to do the job. He is a regular for the EGR work. Got the EGR removed and this was the condition of the EGR, Intake Manifold, Intake Hose and the EGR Valve.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-egr-valve.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-egr.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-intake-hose.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-intake-manifold-2.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-intake-manifold-3.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-intake-manifold.jpg

After the cleaning process is done

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-cleaned-intake-manifold.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-cleaned-egr.jpg

Got the Air filter assembly changed too for two reasons, I had to change the air filter assembly as the thread for the cover was gone and secondly the air filter was dirty. The assembly came with a new filter and costs about 1600 bucks. Changed the mounting rubber too to reduce the vibrations which was caused due to the wear and tear of the rubber mount.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-air-filter-assembly-mount.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-air-filter-assembly-mount-rubber.jpg

I wanted to replace as they were feeling a bit soft after the 63k kms of thrashing it has gone through, but unfortunately the part was not available at True Sai.

Got back to Bangalore fully satisfied with their work. The engine was free revving, breathing easier meant the throttle response was crisp. Hitting the 3 digit speeds in 5th is a breeze now, with the car being quite eager to accelerate. Now, with the EGR completely disabled with the remap, the intake manifold would run a lot cleaner.

Went to Vecto on the 16th of April to get the struts, engine oil and oil filter changed. A camp was on and got a discount of 10% on both labour and parts.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-elastic-pads.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-struts.jpg

PradeepM helped me source the magnetic window shades and it certainly helps to keep the heat away and the AC a little more effective.

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-window-shades-1.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-window-shades-2.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-window-shades-3.jpg

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-window-shades-4.jpg

Mileage Update

Petrol Hatch to Diesel Sedan - Fiat Linea - Now Wolfed-mileage.jpg

PS: Kindly excuse the picture quality as all these were shot with the mobile.
nkrishnap is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 22:39   #505
BHPian

Could you share more details regarding those magnetic window shades? They seem like a perfect fit. Will they be available for the Renault Lodgy? This summer heat in Chennai is a real pain without the sun control films. Thanks in advance.
Old 4th May 2016, 07:48   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Time for an update.

Crossed the 63,000 kms mark in April during the trip to Salem for the EGR and inter-cooler cleaning work.
That's nice, the EGR & inter cooler look almost brand new after the cleaning. Enjoy your drives even more now .

Quote:

PradeepM helped me source the magnetic window shades and it certainly helps to keep the heat away and the AC a little more effective.
Iam glad that you liked them . I was skeptical as you put the entire trust on me and asked me to pick the set and have it sent across. I feel better now, I eco your words, I have been using the shades for more than an year and they are of good use in the harsh Hyderabad sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_in View Post
Could you share more details regarding those magnetic window shades? They seem like a perfect fit. Will they be available for the Renault Lodgy? This summer heat in Chennai is a real pain without the sun control films.
Hello There,

The shades are available for all cars, you can find them on all leading eCommerce websites too. However the shades that me and Krishna have on our cars are way better in terms of quality and they fit perfectly in place than what they sell online (Of course the price we paid was twice as well). You can also check for the shades in accessories shops.

Cheers,
pradeep.

Last edited by pdma : 4th May 2016 at 07:57.
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 09:32   #507
Senior - BHPian

True, but I haven't seen models like this which end before the ORVM. URL can be very helpful.
Old 4th May 2016, 09:44   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
True, but I haven't seen models like this which end before the ORVM. URL can be very helpful.
I guess the ones Pradeep got me, the vendor had a specific template to create such shades primarily on made to order basis. So not sure about what is available for other cars or the ones available with online. Do check thoroughly before paying up.
Old 5th May 2016, 14:53   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess the ones Pradeep got me, the vendor had a specific template to create such shades primarily on made to order basis. So not sure about what is available for other cars or the ones available with online. Do check thoroughly before paying up.
You have got a nice set of magnetic shades, the shape for the front windows is unique. I have got one with zipper for the front windows, they really protect from the sun. If you can disclose the cost of your set ?

Can you please post picture of the temp. needle in various state of the map like stock, 1,2,3 and 4. I seem to get confused with this.
Old 5th May 2016, 17:34   #510
BHPian

Hi Krishna, glad you're enjoying you're remap. Eagerly waiting for the writeup on your experience!

Why did you go all the way to Salem for the EGR work?

Does disabling the EGR affect the PUC check or mileage in any way?

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks