Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 14:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: 11000 kms, 2 months and 3 services later

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thank you Sir for your reply & congratulations on reaching the 75K milestone in just over a year & a half, this is no mean feat .

If it is possible try to see if changing driving style helps. Drive in anticipation. I mean don't hit the brake pedal at the last moment. Remove your foot from the accelerator & let the car decelerate. Only if it is not going to slow down within the desired distance, then apply brakes gently. Sad to know about the broken bearing & worn out tyre, but didn't you notice any humming sound coming from that tyre, it could have saved your tyre had you replaced it in time.

This is rather unusual for a Toyota Service Centre. Toyota is know to stick to the manual, hence their servicing charges/maintenance costs are one of the lowest in the industry.

Wishing you many more happy (s)miles with your workhorse & please keep this thread updating regularly.
Thanks for the tips. Am trying to change my style but basically for that, one needs to reduce the speed of driving which I have done now.
I usually do a alignment balancing every service considering the roads I travel. So didnt bother to notice about the tyre wear except for a left pull. Finally while booking for service noticed the inside of the front tyre had worn out hence it wasnt easily noticable.
It was the new Nandi showroom at Banaswadi (very near to my place) and maybe they had hired the advisor from Mahindra / Tata service centres. I got a feeling of talking to a mahindra advisor. After that service, Nandi people called for feedback and I gave vent to my feelings and there was no followup call from Toyota. Same way I tried out Viva and have a feeling it was the same advisor from Nandi had shifted to Viva. I spoke to the advisor on phone only. My driver had taken the vehicle to service center on both occasions. He was trying to upsell some scrubbing of the liners and other stuff other than the brake pads that needed changing. I said you just do the service. I will change the brakepad elsewhere and sent the vehicle to Ravindu for changing the pads. Viva people never bothered to call for feedback.
I tried fitting Bosch brake pads once and it lasted more than the toyota ones but Toyota ppl say bosch pads dont a part (sitting between the pad and brake housing) which comes with Toyota pads and part alone costs Rs. 1000 to replace while changing the bosch pads.
Forgot the name of the part.
Best regards
Bala
balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 12:09   #17
BHPian

The way kms clocked on the innova will shame the cab drivers. Enjoy to the fullest. But i feel 7.5kmpl at that speed is too less. How is the suspension? Has it gone down.For your driving style XUV5OO will be the best option. The engine is very powerful and pulls like freight train and crunches the miles effortlessly and surprisingly efficient too.
Old 29th March 2014, 21:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
The way kms clocked on the innova will shame the cab drivers. Enjoy to the fullest. But i feel 7.5kmpl at that speed is too less. How is the suspension? Has it gone down.For your driving style XUV5OO will be the best option. The engine is very powerful and pulls like freight train and crunches the miles effortlessly and surprisingly efficient too.
I wanted to post a reply sooner but me being lazy as it is....
My friend and teammate (a cabbie) does 50 to 70K a year. Most of my uncles clock 50K a year. The seven innovas in the family have all done 2 lakh km and above. One uncle sold his innova after 7 years and 3.5 lakh km for 3.5 lakhs.
The idea of taking Innova from scorpio was to keep the vehicle for atleast 3 years But the 80000km itch got the better of me. At 78K km and 1.9 years, it required 4 new tyres (24K) insurance (20K). With more rough riding predicted for the next year, decided to give the innova and exchange to scorpio. At the India garage showroom, while I was haggling for a better price for Innova and scorpio, my wife who casually was browsing the XUV 500 rate card saw that W4 was competitively priced and they offered a good deal for the march year end. Ended up buying XUV 500 W4.

But I still miss the driving comfort of Innova. The suspension is soft that even hard bumps and thuds dont affect the travelers. The short turning radius, easy to handle steering, great control, excellent seating comfort.
Wont miss the really low brakes though.
I would have gone for another innova but got shocked by the price of 15.5 lakhs on road for G4. Zimply too Goostly.
End of story
balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 17:14   #19
BHPian

Wow. Thats nice. Please post your experience on XUVee

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks