Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2013, 17:22   #31
BHPian

Re: The Gangnam Diaries - Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
RedRooster have tein suspension for Fluidic Verna.
Ya recently got to know about that and called them. But, they said they are working on it and it will take another 2 months to offer those TEINS to customers.

Also, they said height adjustable dampers cannot be fitted to verna due to lack of some provision and the cost is simply too much.

So, expecting at least softness adjustments on them at that price point.
Old 6th August 2013, 22:09   #32
BHPian

Hi all,

Sorry I hadn't replied in so long. Its been a while since I logged in here. I tend to alternate between my hobbies and the last couple of months were purely dedicated to photography.

The main update is that Hyundai is replacing the complete steering rack assembly due to annoying rattles on bad roads. This is not as bad as the previous generation i20 but its still irritating enough. And bangalore has its share of bad roads so it was quite a niggle for me.

Apart from that all is well. The car is performing flawlessly. Well apart from its inherent suspension flaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddyCrew View Post
I had talked to couple of Hyundai A.S.S. in Trivandrum but all of them categorically denied the receipt/ knowledge of a TSB on suspension/ spring change for the Fluidic Verna .
One thing that I've learned in my years in India is that you should never ask for things at a service centre. Always tell. Till they can prove you wrong that is.

I do not know if you have had this addressed already since its been months since your post. But if it hasn't, ask them if they would like for you to write an email to Hyundai directly about the issue. That ought to get things taken care of quickly. You can also look at social networking sites. Most large corporations are heavily invested in social marketing and branding these days. They indeed listen to customers and address issues. I know this because I work with a department that closely liaises with the people responsible for branding and social networking at Dell.

However, Advaith in Bangalore is simply amazing in their customer centricity and do not try to lie their way around issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
Hi Tassem, I noticed your the DRL's and custom grill job. Wanted to know where you got it from and for how much. I am thinking of getting the same or similar done for quite some time now but have not been able to find a decent pair !
The front bumper was painted at Sai Colorium. A very good body repair shop in Bangalore. You can get it done by any competent painter. I usually go DIY, but chose a professional because I had a few minor scratches on the bumper edges that needed looking into.

For the lights, eBay is your best friend. Not eBay.in but eBay.com. Shipping will take a couple of weeks. However it will slowly but surely arrive. Even the HIDs were bought on eBay.com. Its been close to two years and still running great.

The DRLs cost me around $5. The HID was $30~ I have a thread on it if you want the exact cost.

I had the entire front bumper painted for 1800. (Special rate for TBHP members, I'm told)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Guessing you have crossed your 40k mark by now, any plans of changing your suspension?

I love my Fluidic Verna so much, but when it comes to suspension, all the excitement goes off. I'm searching for an after-market stiffer suspension upgrade every where but couldn't find one till date.

Any idea of where can I get this done? I'm from Hyderabad but I'm willing to travel anywhere in India to get this done.
I'm still at 27k. So at least another year till I look at suspension. I was this close to procuring a set from Korea. But the deal fell through at the last minute because they confirmed that the ride height will drop. They have stiffer setups that retain the stock ride height now. But I don't have the funds to splurge at the moment due to a soon to arrive addition to the family.

A baby. A 370cc baby to be precise. My li'l Duke.

A friend of mine got his existing suspension modified and is very happy with the results. I'm sure you will find a lot of suspension overhaulers in your city. While they don't look much, they're quite capable at this task. Find a good one and you should be set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
RedRooster have tein suspension for Fluidic Verna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Ya recently got to know about that and called them. But, they said they are working on it and it will take another 2 months to offer those TEINS to customers.

Also, they said height adjustable dampers cannot be fitted to verna due to lack of some provision and the cost is simply too much.

So, expecting at least softness adjustments on them at that price point.
While not something expected of Red Rooster, they have been claiming this two months for over two years now. I know this because I called them a week after getting mine and was told the same. I think I posted this as good news on the Verna review page.

So, if I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.

The main reason adjustable dampers cannot be fitted is due to the cramped engine bay. More importantly, the lack of clearance between the top of the struts and the hood.

This is another reason why the car cannot accommodate a strut brace either.

However, I'm told a rear, under, X brace does taut things up. However its not verified and was not on an Indian car.

Last edited by Tassem : 6th August 2013 at 22:17.
Tassem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 20:43   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
For the lights, eBay is your best friend. Not eBay.in but eBay.com. Shipping will take a couple of weeks. However it will slowly but surely arrive. Even the HIDs were bought on eBay.com. Its been close to two years and still running great.

The DRLs cost me around $5. The HID was $30~ I have a thread on it if you want the exact cost.

I had the entire front bumper painted for 1800. (Special rate for TBHP members, I'm told)
thanks for your response. I have read your HIDs article and was quite good. I cant find the DRLs you have on your car. I can only find the dotted strips like in the last gen Audi A4 but dislike those. I am looking for a single led strip. Can you point me to the seller or the listing. Much appreciated.
Old 10th August 2013, 11:33   #34
BHPian

Sorry Mani, but that's just how cell phone cameras over compensate for differences in exposure.

What you see in the pics is indeed the dotted type strips you talk of.

The only solace is that in the Verna, you can install the strip on the edge of the headlamp under the hood. That way, the strip looks like its housed inside the headlamps and cannot be seen when switched off. More importantly, they cannot be touched or peeled with the hood closed. This is very important to me as an externally attached strip looks horrendous.

Having said all that, you do get fiber optic type strips that don't have the dotted appearance. But the affordable ones are not that bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
I cant find the DRLs you have on your car. I can only find the dotted strips like in the last gen Audi A4 but dislike those. I am looking for a single led strip. Can you point me to the seller or the listing. Much appreciated.
Old 21st October 2013, 21:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
A 205 section tyre should make a noticeable difference. I will upgrade in another 15k km once these tyres have no life left in them. I will be upgrading the alloys as well.
Hi!

You must have changed your tyres by now. Please share your feed back. My car has done 40k now & due for tyre change soon. Stock tyres in my car is Bridgetone B-250 ( 195/55/16R ) costing around 7k a piece & is readily available. I am fine with the grip by the stock tyres, but thinking to upgrade to 205/55/16R which will increase the GC by 5.5 mm which is significant IMO. 205 size is common & options available are plenty.

195/55/16R size is not available in Michelin & Yoko. Bridgetone has two patterns i.e B250 & MY-2-Potenza-sporty. I am not sure about the price & availability of the second pattern.

Sole purpose of upgrading for me is to increase the GC. What's your opinion. Your comments & feedback on your change will help me immensely.

Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 16:15   #36
BHPian

Fluidic Verna 4th Service Update - Parts and Costs

Fourth Service Update:

Date:26/10/2013
ODO: 29782
Cost: INR 7733

Parts:
  • 5.3 Ltr Engine Oil INR 1286.39
  • 2.0 Ltr Coolant INR 482.05
  • Diesel Filter Cartridge INR 1736.39
  • Air Filter INR 301.42
  • Oil Filter INR 363.71
  • Radiator Flush INR 305.62
  • 2.0 Ltr Distilled Water INR 36.67
  • Consumables INR 225 (<<< Total Rip off!!)
  • Wash and Clean INR 0
  • A/C Filter Cleaning INR 0
  • Interior Polish INR 0
Warranty Replacement:

Gear Assembly - Steering Rack including Tie Rods Hyundai Part No: 565001V090

Labour:
  • Diesel Filter Replacement INR 150
  • Caliper Greasing INR 580 (Need to check this!)
  • Periodic Maintenance INR 1170 (Service Cost)
  • Coolant Replacement INR 155
Taxes:
  1. VAT on Parts: INR 686.93
  2. Tax on Service INR 254
Comments:
  1. There was some very slight leakage around the Turbo vacuum hose. I had noticed this while cleaning the engine bay once. This was cleaned and sealed. Need to keep an eye out to see if the leak persists.
  2. As usual I stood by while they serviced the car. However I did not notice them do anything to the calipers. Need to check what the caliper greasing charges are for.
  3. The steering rack assembly was replaced under warranty. I was getting some noise on bad roads. This seems to have taken care of it.
  4. The front passenger side wheel bearing is on its way out.
  5. Say no to Wiper Fluid, Teflon.
  6. Say no to engine decarbonisation.

Forgot to Mention:

Warranty Extension - Third Year:
Date: 08/06/2013
Cost: INR 10376.00

Next in Line:
  1. Wiper Blades.
  2. Front passenger side wheel bearing replacement.
  3. Brake Pads need to be inspected. I don't feel any fade. But the advisor mentioned that they have another 5K life in them. Will keep an eye out for any fade/noise/whine etc.
  4. Damping - Been on my mind forever now. Need to find the time.
  5. Tyres - Changed my mind on these. Will retain for another 10K km and upgrade to 16" Rims and tyres.
  6. Seat Covers - Still deciding between black and beige.
Mileage:

City: 12.5 Km/L
Highway Mileage amazes at 20+ Km/L consistently

Thoughts:

The car is running great. As comfortable as it was on day one. Still feels and runs like brand new. The only niggle I have is the slight creaking from near the rear parcel tray when the body flexes (while climbing at an angle).

I'm very disappointed with My Shaldan these days. The last couple of tins I bought barely lasted a week. I guess the fakes have figured out their design errors and make true replicas now. Anyways, bought a new perfume called Natural Fresh Jello in Apple for Rs.250. Comes in 100gm plastic jars. (My Shaldan is 80gm) I like it so far. It's a very mild shampooey smell. Like a pretty girl. So its all good.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi!

You must have changed your tyres by now. Please share your feed back. My car has done 40k now & due for tyre change soon. Stock tyres in my car is Bridgetone B-250 ( 195/55/16R ) costing around 7k a piece & is readily available. I am fine with the grip by the stock tyres, but thinking to upgrade to 205/55/16R which will increase the GC by 5.5 mm which is significant IMO. 205 size is common & options available are plenty.

195/55/16R size is not available in Michelin & Yoko. Bridgetone has two patterns i.e B250 & MY-2-Potenza-sporty. I am not sure about the price & availability of the second pattern.

Sole purpose of upgrading for me is to increase the GC. What's your opinion. Your comments & feedback on your change will help me immensely.

Thanks
Hi Chitta,

I haven't changed my tyres yet. My plan is to upgrade to 16" rims and tyres in another 10k km.

To answer your question, while upgrading to 205 section and retaining the existing profile will increase your GC and tyre diameter by 1.8%, it is not completely advisable. The chances of rubbing on full load/full lock is a strong possibility. Especially on our cars which have super soft suspension. Your speedo/odo accuracy will be off. Lastly, (I'm not 100% sure on this, but sounds logical) some EBD systems work on tyre rotation based algorithms and may not function accurately if tyre diameter changes.

The correct upgrade would be 215/50-16. But this will not increase your GC. Grip levels will increase. Acceleration may drop slightly. Chances of rubbing very high.

If GC is your prime concern, why don't you look at Coil Spring Adjusters?

Last edited by Tassem : 26th October 2013 at 16:31.
Old 23rd April 2014, 13:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had talked to couple of Hyundai A.S.S. in Trivandrum but all of them categorically denied the receipt/ knowledge of a TSB on suspension/ spring change for the Fluidic Verna .

Hi Maaddy,

Did you get the TSB done for the suspension ?. Please let me know so that even I can move forward with it. My car has just 2,500 Km in 2.5 years so not sure if they will do it for me.
Old 29th April 2014, 18:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Hi Maaddy,

Did you get the TSB done for the suspension ?. Please let me know so that even I can move forward with it. My car has just 2,500 Km in 2.5 years so not sure if they will do it for me.
Sorry stanjohn123, I've moved to Australia since and hence unable to follow this up with the service center.
Old 30th July 2014, 22:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry stanjohn123, I've moved to Australia since and hence unable to follow this up with the service center.
That's alright. I just checked with my ASC and they said they will not replace it with the new springs unless there is a problem like loud noises as mentioned by our other members here.

I need to get a lot of miles on my car to wear down these suspensions to get any kind of noises. So far the stock seems fine as I have done only 6100 km.
Old 14th August 2014, 18:53   #40
BHPian

I hear a strange rattling noise coming from my steering column. This had surfaced a few months back and after going to the ASC multiple times. They replaced my steering column (that's what the claimed). Now the frustrating noise is back again. Any help? This is audible on uneven roads. Please help
Old 18th August 2014, 19:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fluidic Verna 4th Service Update - Parts and Costs

Quote:

Forgot to Mention:

Warranty Extension - Third Year:
Date: 08/06/2013
Cost: INR 10376.00
Great ownership thread Tassem. I would like to know is it really worth going for the Extended warranty ?

I will be using my car extensively from now on and haven't replaced anything yet as my car has done only 7,000 K.M in 2 years. The extended warranty costs 10,100 Rs and I will have to pay another 5,000 Rs for the 3rd Free service also if I need to take the extended warranty next month.

I have read in many places about the suspension issue , clutch and steering rack assembly issues. Are these expensive to replace and would I really need to extend my warranty , hoping that these parts will fail ?
Old 9th October 2014, 21:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eethanhunt View Post
I hear a strange rattling noise coming from my steering column. This had surfaced a few months back and after going to the ASC multiple times. They replaced my steering column (that's what the claimed). Now the frustrating noise is back again. Any help? This is audible on uneven roads. Please help
I don't know if it's the same problem but I'm getting a slight annoying noise from steering column while turning. How have they fixed your issue ?
Old 9th October 2014, 22:30   #43
BHPian

The ASS told me that the Steering column had to be replaced. They claimed to have replaced it. Unfortunately the noise is back again since October 1st. I need to go back to them. Had got this done at Shanti Nagar ASS.
Old 2nd December 2014, 13:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Well I thought of not going to ASC till the steering noise becomes worse and it actually did become pretty noisy outside the car while turning the wheels, this happens only when the car is stationary. It's a very loud screeching noise. Just left the car at the ASC and came back now. Mechanics have still not identified the problem , they suspect the issue with the power steering unit.

'm out of warranty so I hope this does not become one expensive repair job
Old 3rd December 2014, 19:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

So here's the update on the steering wheel screeching sound while turning the wheels while the car is stationary. Got it fixed by overhauling the steering column. The issue was at the bottom of the steering column at a place called steering gearbox ( I'm hearing this for the first time ) where part of the bearing has actually broken completely ( as seen in photo )and that's why the screeching sound.

The Gangnam Diaries - Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi Ownership-1.jpg

The Gangnam Diaries - Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi Ownership-2.jpg

They gave me an option to change the entire steering column ( which is what they would do in case of being under warranty ) since I wasn't under warranty they quoted me 8,000 Bucks. I told them to just do the overhauling and it cost much less ( 2,730 Rs )as well as it gave me an opportunity to identify the problem.

The Gangnam Diaries - Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDi Ownership-3.jpg

They say it could have happened while driving into a pothole which I think is a valid point with our crater infested roads in TN and Kerala.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks