Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 10:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Our Maruti Swift ZDi, 1 Year & 20,000 KM Review

28900 Update
I changed the wiper blades to the flat type ones. Looked around a lot for Hella Dynaedge and Bosch Clear Advantage and couldn't get them at my usual shops. So, upon insistence from a shop near by, I picked 2 blades made by Numak 2 weeks back. I was very hesitant, but fella in the shop was adamant on the quality of the wiper.

They look very good and so far been excellent in the strong monsoon this year. And the best bit is that, both of them cost me INR 550.

Here is the website. http://www.numak.com/ R&D center looks local.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 08:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52000 kms of sheer joy!

Due to monsoons, the car was full of tar spots. They make the surface rough to touch and didn't budge even after a foam wash by 3M.

And based on inputs from fellow BHPian vaisakhr, I picked up a Formula 1 Bug and Tar remover from Lulu mall for INR 420. Applied it after washing the car and it is very effective in removing the spots and grime. Also, it gives a nice shine to the car.

This is the one I got. Formula 1 Bug and TAR Remover
Old 20th July 2013, 12:45   #63
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
28900 Update
I changed the wiper blades to the flat type ones. Looked around a lot for Hella Dynaedge and Bosch Clear Advantage and couldn't get them at my usual shops. So, upon insistence from a shop near by, I picked 2 blades made by Numak 2 weeks back. I was very hesitant, but fella in the shop was adamant on the quality of the wiper.

They look very good and so far been excellent in the strong monsoon this year. And the best bit is that, both of them cost me INR 550.

Here is the website. http://www.numak.com/ R&D center looks local.
Bought numak wipers seeing your feedback and I must admit that it looks cool and works well. Paid 600 and got it from the accessory shop on the seaport - airport road near bharath mata college.

Rajesh.
vdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 08:34   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Bought numak wipers seeing your feedback and I must admit that it looks cool and works well. Paid 600 and got it from the accessory shop on the seaport - airport road near bharath mata college.

Rajesh.
Interesting to see good feedback for a non-(Bosche/Hella) wiper blade.
I was going through their website and the wholesale rate for these wipers are really low ( just under $1 per piece ! ). So, maybe, if we bargain, we can get it for an even lower price than 600.

Last edited by amalji : 21st July 2013 at 08:39.
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:52   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
So, maybe, if we bargain, we can get it for an even lower price than 600.
I got it for 550 a pair. That's less than half of Hella or Bosch.

I got them on the car with a lot of apprehension. But its been going well. Keeping a close eye though.
Old 19th August 2013, 07:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

re: Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52000 kms of sheer joy!

30150 KM Update

Completed the 30K service at Autoteam on Friday. Had given the A-star for service there and loved the work that they had done. But Autoteam being a Maruti Service Zone, I had doubts whether servicing there would void the warranty on the Swift. So I wrote to MSIL and got the following response.

Quote:
Thanks for contacting Maruti Suzuki enquiring about the service center at Cochin.

We want to clarify that the Auto team Sales and service is our Authorized service center of Maruti, They are authorized to service our vehicles, and they have the facility as per MSIL requirement.

For any further clarification request you to be in touch with undersigned.
The total cost was 4016. I had reported 2 niggles in the car. The left rear shock was leaking and the clutch biting point was at 6/8 of the pedal travel. I like it to be at 4/8.

Autoteam changed the rear shock under warranty. It costs 1300. Regarding clutch travel, they said nothing can be done as it is a hydraulic clutch and no manual adjustment is possible.

I used Mobil MGDO 15W40 mineral oil and it costs 239 per liter. Will continue to stick with mineral oil with a change at every 5K KM.

They completed the work in time and kept me posted all throughout. One of the plastic bushes for the front seat rail had gone missing. I forgot to report this, but they put in a new one FOC.

Overall, the experience with Autoteam was a good one except for one issue.
There is a mark on the dash just above the central blower. Its a wavy line about 10 cm in length. Looks like it came from some blunt object like a screwdriver. Looks bad and is visible from the drivers seat. I reported it to the SA Rahul and he was clueless as to how it happened. He was wondering whether the mark was there before the service and I expressed my displeasure before leaving. Planning to report to MSIL through email. Hope it levels out to some extent after a few wipes during cleaning.
Old 19th August 2013, 08:06   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
30150 KM Update

Completed the 30K service at Autoteam on Friday. Had given the A-star for service there and loved the work that they had done.
My favourite Maruti service center in Kerala. There are some really passionate people in there. Even now, when I visit them with my friends, I have long discussions with them on automobiles.

Quote:
The total cost was 4016.
Even the bill looks good.

Quote:
The left rear shock was leaking
Autoteam changed the rear shock under warranty. It costs 1300.
How did you notice the leak ? While washing ? Or did it show any symptom ?
Old 19th August 2013, 08:16   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
How did you notice the leak ? While washing ? Or did it show any symptom ?
I went there for the first time after you spoke high of them during our meet here.

The rear shock has a sticker on it, white in colour. The right one is still white and left one is black. Noticed it when the car was on the hydraulic ramp during a water wash.
Old 31st August 2013, 21:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

Got New French shoes

2 days back I noticed Kungipalu' front was sagging a bit. The front right side had a bit of droop like Mohanlal. I checked the rear and realized the car was not level. Very small but an apparent drop on the right side.

Suspecting the recent shock absorber change, I took the car to Autoteam today as the work was done by them during the 30K service. The shock has a conical rubber bush on top under the lock nut and we found the bush was upside down in the new one. Because of this, the left side of the car' body was lifted causing a droop on the right. 90 minutes of work and the body was level.

Then, I rang up DBS and they had 195/60 R15 XM2 available. Went there and found all the 4 tyres were made in Thailand and the manufacturing date was June 13. So, sold the 4 ZVTVs and got the new Michelins. The tyres are broad and the tread with 3 grooves look great from the rear. Pictures later.

Last edited by Stratos : 2nd September 2013 at 06:54.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 08:01   #70
Senior - BHPian

195/60 R15 XM2 on 2011 Swift.

The Big Positives are Supple ride and Lower noise. No idea on the grip as the tyres are still running in. The already big gap under the wheel-well for the new Swift is exposed with 195/60 tyres as the diameter is slightly less when compared to 185/65. The latter would have filled the wheel wells better. But the 195 looks better when viewed from rear mainly due to the presence of 3 grooves on the tread and added width.

The USD rate is not helping the price. The MRP on 195/60 R15 XM2 is 5.9K.

Excuse the gloss on the paint. I just tried my had in some digital post processing and it came out like this.
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20130901_007.jpg
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20130901_011.jpg
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20130901_009.jpg
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20130831_002.jpg
Old 6th September 2013, 12:03   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The Big Positives are Supple ride and Lower noise. No idea on the grip as the tyres are still running in. The already big gap under the wheel-well for the new Swift is exposed with 195/60 tyres as the diameter is slightly less when compared to 185/65. The latter would have filled the wheel wells better. But the 195 looks better when viewed from rear mainly due to the presence of 3 grooves on the tread and added width.

The USD rate is not helping the price. The MRP on 195/60 R15 XM2 is 5.9K.
6K per tyre? That is expensive. However, Michelins surely are the best bet in my opinion if you are not off-roading or frequently drive on bad roads. The compound is softer and hence has a better road grip-wet or dry. It was a huge improvement in road noise reduction, comfort and grip levels when I changed from stock Ultima XP- JK Tyres to Michelins XM1+. There were no XM2 then. I paid about 3K per tyre -145/80R12. They are very silent and surely my next set will be michelins too, even on my bike.
The 3 grooves would certainly look wicked on roads.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 15:54   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Can you post a few more pictures of the car and mostly from side view without digital processing!?

Anurag.
Old 7th September 2013, 08:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

Took the car on the highway yesterday and it felt very stable. Was raining heavy on the way back and the Swift held its line pretty well. I think the tyres spray a lot. The Swift was clean on the way and he is a dirty little boy now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
6K per tyre? That is expensive. However, Michelins surely are the best bet in my opinion if you are not off-roading or frequently drive on bad roads.
Well said. Comfort and grip was paramount for me. There are claims that XM2 is reasonably robust. Certainly hope so. I started looking at XM2 mainly because of the stock size of 185/65 R15. But that XM2 was not available in Kochi for the past 2 months. The stock they all had were pretty old. And then, friendly BHPian anachronix sent me the Michelin Friend and Family rebate coupon and I got a 20% discount on each tyre.

Another BHPian and a colleague of mine says if you have decided to go for Michelins, then you shouldn't look at the price of other tyres during purchase. Else, that decision can change in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you post a few more pictures of the car and mostly from side view without digital processing!?
Will do soon. Its raining nonstop since yesterday.
Old 14th September 2013, 07:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

The XM2s are performing very well. I was looking for comfort, silence and grip and its all there. Yeah, and I am careful around sharp potholes.

Yesterday, I took the car out for a drive in the morning. The roads were very wet as there was a light drizzle and it rained heavy during the night. I feather the accelerator a lot and I could feel the increased grip in the turns. The car was turning in sharper with the Michelins. Wet roads and cold tyres would have left my old ZVTVs slipping.

The things that I didn't sign up for is the muck on the car and all the stones being picked up to be lauched onto the wheelwell. XM2 loves to collect stuff from road and throw it up.
Old 19th September 2013, 16:28   #75
Senior - BHPian

Nice review, deetjohn!

I'm closely following your thread. I recently got myself a ZDi and want to change the tyres. It will be mostly XM2 and 195/60/15.

Please help me with the following:
1. Do you see any difference to handling?
2. How about steering? Has it become heavier?
3. Do you see any excessive vertical movement? Also, how does it behave on bad roads? Anything gone worse?
blue_pulsar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks