Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 16:48   #76
BANNED

re: Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52000 kms of sheer joy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I recently got myself a ZDi and want to change the tyres.
Let me the first to congratulate you for the Swift ZDi.

The regular question: When is the ownership report coming?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 21:30   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52000 kms of sheer joy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Let me the first to congratulate you for the Swift ZDi.

The regular question: When is the ownership report coming?

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag!! The report is coming pretty soon . Bit busy with some stuff.
Old 20th September 2013, 08:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

Congrats blue_pulsar! Glad to know you liked the review.

1. Do you see any difference to handling?
The Michelin certainly grips the road better in cold and wet. I really can feel the car turning in faster.
2. How about steering? Has it become heavier?
I feel the steering is bit heavier while changing lanes on the highway. Maybe due to the 195 cross-section. But while parking etc., its just about the same.
3. Do you see any excessive vertical movement? Also, how does it behave on bad roads? Anything gone worse?
The new Swift has a bit of vertical movement. So, nothing has changed in that regard. I really haven't got a chance to push the tyres in the dry yet. The ride and noise is where I see the biggest difference. When going over potholes, I sometimes wonder whether the pressure inside the tyre is correct. The tyres are really soft compared to the hard ZVTV. The bad bit is the fear of cutting the side wall. Its always in my mind. Some roads are pretty bad here with sharp potholes.

Some pictures now.

The space inside the wheel well looks pronounced as 195/60 is a bit smaller than 185/65.
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20130915_001.jpg
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20130915_002.jpg
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20130915_003.jpg
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20130915_004.jpg
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20130915_005.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 08:56   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The space inside the wheel well looks pronounced as 195/60 is a bit smaller than 185/65.
Don't these low profile tyres give you a harsh ride and backache may be?! Rattles may crop in faster if travel much on bad roads.

Since you feel there is a gap in the tyre and wheel well, why don't you lower the ride height?! Just kidding

Car looks Sexy and I'm waiting for my Swift ZDi too which is delayed to early next year. :(

Anurag.
Old 20th September 2013, 10:11   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't these low profile tyres give you a harsh ride and backache may be?! Rattles may crop in faster if travel much on bad roads.

Since you feel there is a gap in the tyre and wheel well, why don't you lower the ride height?! Just kidding

Car looks Sexy and I'm waiting for my Swift ZDi too which is delayed to early next year. :(
Far from it. The reduction in radius is just about 3 mm. And for better ride, I think 3mm of Michelin will fare better than 6mm of MRF.

The high ground clearance doesn't look good in photos nor does it aid handling either. But it is immensely practical for Kerala roads. So, I don't think lowering will work for me.

Why the delay till next year? Think the ZDi is readily available now.
Old 24th October 2013, 08:47   #81
Senior - BHPian

Had gone to catch a glimpse of the Idukki Arch Dam on Saturday. Superb roads all the way from Ernakulam through Thodupuzha. Its great fun to drive on those well laid wavy roads with the perfect banking. Good hairpins as well. The dam itself is a magnificent sight. Sorry, no pictures due to the restrictions.

And we got heavy fog and rain on the way back. The following shots were around 4PM. Thoroughly enjoyed the drive through the fog.
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20131019_003.jpg
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20131019_001.jpg
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20131019_002.jpg

The road goes on top of the Kulamavu dam and the visibility was less than 50m on the way back. It was very spooky driving on top in the fog.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 11:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had gone to catch a glimpse of the Idukki Arch Dam on Saturday. Superb roads all the way from Ernakulam through Thodupuzha. Its great fun to drive on those well laid wavy roads with the perfect banking. Good hairpins as well. The dam itself is a magnificent sight. Sorry, no pictures due to the restrictions.
I too had visited the dam a couple of weeks back. It was really good. Sad that they are so strict on the photos. I'm not sure about its relevance as photos are readily available on the internet!

Quote:
And we got heavy fog and rain on the way back. The following shots were around 4PM. Thoroughly enjoyed the drive through the fog.
Attachment 1156921
Attachment 1156922
Attachment 1156923

The road goes on top of the Kulamavu dam and the visibility was less than 50m on the way back. It was very spooky driving on top in the fog.
Tip for save driving on heavy fog

Use a Bus or lorry as pilot vehicle. 2 advantages.
  1. They are familiar with the roads. Hence even without visibility, they anticipate the curves much better.
  2. They push the fog into the sides making the visibility better for the car that's coming from behind.
Other tips.
  • If you are driving @ night, never use the high beam. Use low beam and at times it might even be better to switch off the headlights completely and use the fog lamps instead.
  • Ensure that fog lamps are turned ON regardless of day/night for easier detection of your vehicle by other vehicles.
  • Use Horn whenever you feel necessary.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th October 2013 at 19:12. Reason: Edited on request.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 13:58   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Sad that they are so strict on the photos. I'm not sure about its relevance as photos are readily available on the internet!
A Circle Inspector came visiting on his AC Bolero when we were on the top of the dam. And he and his entourage (one of them in civilian cloth) started shooting pictures on their mobile phones making a mockery of the rules. I felt really bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Tip for save driving on heavy fog
[*]Ensure that fog lamps and hazard lights are turned ON regardless of day/night for easier detection of your vehicle by other vehicles.
I agree with everything except for the usage of hazard lights on a running car. I think they should be used only when the car is idle. Else, it will just create confusion to others. Park + fog lights are sufficient.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 14:30   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A Circle Inspector came visiting on his AC Bolero when we were on the top of the dam. And he and his entourage (one of them in civilian cloth) started shooting pictures on their mobile phones making a mockery of the rules. I felt really bad!
Some of our rules are so funny. Like the ban on sun films regardless of their visibility rating.

Quote:
I agree with everything except for the usage of hazard lights on a running car. I think they should be used only when the car is idle. Else, it will just create confusion to others. Park + fog lights are sufficient.
Thanks for this. I researched more on this and understood the dangers of using hazard light on moving traffic. Will keep it in mind always.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 08:20   #85
Senior - BHPian

Kungipalu completed 2 years last week. The odometer stands at 34K. And I bought some stuff to celebrate his birthday!
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20131126_010.jpg

Also, keeping with the current trend in Kerala of having the car closest to the ground, I always park next to a kerb nowadays.
Our Maruti Swift ZDi! Sold after 3 years, 2 months and 52,000 kms of sheer joy!-wp_20131201_009.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 08:28   #86
BANNED

Quote:
I bought some stuff to celebrate his birthday!
2 years and 34K is decent. Isn't the car used much?

BTW, what all did you buy? Can't understand the gifts in the picture. Sorry.

I love that picture of the car and that number suits the car perfectly.

I am confused between Blue and Red. Seeing your pictures in getting pulled towards Red in ZDi.

Can you elaborate on the maintenance of the colour and attention plus Do's & Don't for that red colour. Thanks in advance.

Anurag.
Old 4th December 2013, 08:32   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2 years and 34K is decent. Isn't the car used much?

BTW, what all did you buy? Can't understand the gifts in the picture. Sorry.
My office is just 7 KM away from home. So, that has helped a lot. Most weekdays, the mileage is just under 15 KM.

The following is what I bought.
  1. Michelin Digital Programmable Tyre Gauge
  2. Diono Seat Belt Pillow, Grey
  3. Mediabridge 3.5mm AUX cable
  4. Meguiar's Wash and Wax - 48 oz.
  5. Bon-Aire Original Ultimate Aluminum Hose Nozzle
  6. iOttie Windshield/ Dashboard Phone Mount
  7. Meguiar's HiTech Applicator Pad
  8. Blind Spot Mirror
  9. Car Sun Shade

Red or Blue is a personal choice. I prefer Red to Blue for Swift though. I think MSIL will launch more colours during the face lift.

For paint protection, what I do most is not to wash the car frequently. I try to limit the washes to 2 a month. Also, I either wash the car myself or take it to 3M. Washing without care spoils the paint like nothing else. And I also use the Jopasu duster. That's a big help when its not raining. But I regularly attend to the interiors though. Wet wipe and vacuuming a must at least once a week. I love it when its too dirty on the outside and spanking clean on the inside. Also, I use collinite 845 insulator wax when time permits.
Old 4th December 2013, 09:19   #88
BANNED

Quote:
My office is just 7 KM away from home. So, that has helped a lot. Most weekdays, the mileage is just under 15 KM.
That's pretty close. My work place is 60 kms so it's 120 kms a day.

Quote:
The following is what I bought.
[*]Michelin Digital Programmable Tyre Gauge[*]Diono Seat Belt Pillow, Grey[*]Mediabridge 3.5mm AUX cable[*]Meguiar's Wash and Wax - 48 oz.[*]Bon-Aire Original Ultimate Aluminum Hose Nozzle[*]iOttie Windshield/ Dashboard Phone Mount[*]Meguiar's HiTech Applicator Pad[*]Blind Spot Mirror[*]Car Sun Shade
Any link to the purchase? I want a couple of items from the above list. What is the the gauge thing all about?

Quote:
Red or Blue is a personal choice. I prefer Red to Blue for Swift though. I think MSIL will launch more colours during the face lift.
I was for Blue but seeing your thread and few cars in live I am selecting the red. Let's see what colors MSIL launches this time.

Quote:
Also, I either wash the car myself or take it to 3M.
What are their charges for washing + polishing and for interior cleaning?

I know rates vary from place to place but just want an idea. Thanks.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 4th December 2013 at 09:21.
Old 4th December 2013, 10:18   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any link to the purchase? I want a couple of items from the above list. What is the the gauge thing all about?
I bought them from Amazon.com. The gauge is to measure the tyre pressure. It is very accurate and the resolution is 0.1 PSI.

I think across India, the form wash at 3M is INR 399 (excluding tax) for B+ segment cars. The package doesn't include polishing.
Old 6th April 2014, 19:13   #90
BANNED

Been a long time buddy and No update?

Whats up?

How is the Swift doing?

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks