Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 00:01   #46
BHPian

re: "Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 10,000 km Update

Congratulations! Ford has really done a fantastic job on customer orientation over last few years. A lot more responsive and responsible than some of the other OEMs.
Hope you never have to involve them and wishing you a great long term ownership experience with DART
vipulbatta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 11:40   #47
BHPian

Thursday afternoon sounds very good. Do let me know where we can meet. My e-mail address is sm89800@gmail.com. Do send me an e-mail with your number if possible so that we can co-ordinate. I had sent you a request on facebook which you didn't accept hence you couldn't see me. Anyways will meet you in person tomorrow if possible on your part. Also you'll be unfortunate enough to see my banged up 800.
Old 31st October 2012, 12:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
ICE - For me, the first thing to go will be the speakers I will retain the HU for sure. The sub I'm undecided still, considering the boot space it will take up. The amp too is to be decided, since it needs to be fitted so that I can still fold down the rear seat back and use the cargo space effectively. Will have to talk it over with my installer. An of course damping.
If you decide to do away with the speakers, give them to me . I will take care of the courier charges. I am quite sold on the factory speakers.
The AMP: place it under the front left seat. That way it will not hamper the folding of the rear seat.
Old 31st October 2012, 21:32   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Isn't that low? Or is it due to all the hill climbs with load?
A combo of bursts to near 100MPH as well. A start at 4am was the culprit.

Plus the Car had sagged, it was that loaded.

But boy, it was a joy to pilot the Car, assuring & sure footed.
Old 1st November 2012, 10:41   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
Thursday afternoon sounds very good. Do let me know where we can meet
Gotta drop the plan today :(
Thanks for the emailid - will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmunster View Post
If you decide to do away with the speakers, give them to me .
The AMP: place it under the front left seat. That way it will not hamper the folding of the rear seat.
Normally wouldn't have been a problem. I did give away the Civic speakers. But in this case I'd be swapping speakers with those in the Baleno, so ...

Amp under the passenger seat is an option. The only issue is I often sit on the rear seat behind the front passenger seat, with the seat pushed forward somewhat. This would expose the amp and foul with my feet, right? Hence wondering if I should take that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A combo of bursts to near 100MPH as well. A start at 4am was the culprit.
But boy, it was a joy to pilot the Car, assuring & sure footed.
Yeah it is a joy to pilot.
MPH, eh??

I realized yesterday that I have misplaced the user manual !! I probably forgot to collect it from the SA when I gone to the workshop for the coolant topup 2 days after delivery. Called him and he said he will check today and let me know.

What are the repercussions of losing the manual?
Old 1st November 2012, 11:04   #51
BHPian

No problem. The sundays are still existing. Will be meeting some other day. And please do check for the manual because the manual contains not only vital do's and dont's about your car but also the warranty related clauses as well as servicing slips and maintenance schedules about the proper health of your engine. The dealer may not accept your car too without the manual. Please do find it as soon as possible and enjoy the car till the last drop of diesel. It is worth enjoying.
Old 3rd November 2012, 11:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Amp under the passenger seat is an option. The only issue is I often sit on the rear seat behind the front passenger seat, with the seat pushed forward somewhat. This would expose the amp and foul with my feet, right? Hence wondering if I should take that route.
It will be a problem if you are sitting behind the front passenger seats and the amp fitted below that seat.

As for the Sub, it will not take up much space. I am having the 12" Pio sub in the boot and still doing airport and station duties comfortably. With my ICE setup done, the engine noise does not bother me much, anymore.

Last edited by Saurabh M : 3rd November 2012 at 11:35.
Saurabh M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 22:59   #53
BHPian

Quote:
The umpteenth Figo ownership thread I am sure ! I will try to keep this factual and hence potentially boring
Excellent, to the point, crisp, practical review of Figo. Wish you many happy miles, rated five*.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 23:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
And please do check for the manual
Yes I know :( . I have been messaging the SA for the last couple of days. No reply. Also extremely tied up with some other stuff hence do not have the time to visit the workshop. Hopefully will sort it out before the first service. 2500kms should be up by the end of the coming week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
As for the Sub, it will not take up much space. I am having the 12" Pio sub in the boot and still doing airport and station duties comfortably.
Good to know. My boot space actually looks a bit less since I haven't had the time to fold and stash away the car cover. It is all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Excellent, to the point, crisp, practical review of Figo. Wish you many happy miles, rated five*.
Thank you !

Some updates.
A couple of additions to the Tocks listed in my initial posts
- The intermittent speed setting of the wiper is not intuitive. 1 is the fastest and 6 is the slowest! Why? Also, I would expect a clockwise rotation to increase the speed, but here it decreases.

- The volume of the HU resets to 8 everytime I switch off and switch on the ignition. Is there anyway to set the initial volume to a higher number? Or maybe disable this auto reset feature?

FE update:
Topped up today and got 17.9 kmpl with around 10% AC. This is for what will be my normal routine. Since this is with negligible AC, I am greedy and expecting it will go up a bit more !! Only then will it balance out the 100%AC summer months

The high security number has arrived at the dealer. Need to find out some time to go and get it fixed at the PVD.
Old 4th November 2012, 22:47   #55
Senior - BHPian

look for the hand-book in the ShuvCivic and the SA. also check the boot of the Dart, below the car cover. most prolly you will find it there. Why do you keep losing stuff? Didn't you look the Road Tax receipt of the ShuvCivic earlier?

Hope SA stays for a LONG time. take care.
Old 5th November 2012, 12:34   #56
BHPian

HEy ShuvC,

Congrats for your new car.

The wiper setting as per my knowledge is, 1 for one second interval swipe, 2 for two second interval and so on.

The volume resetting feature of the HU is something that I like quite a bit. It can save one a nasty startle every time you start the car if the volume is set too high. I am not sure if it can be disabled or set to a different volume. Will check the manual and update.

Regards
Old 9th November 2012, 14:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Pleasant first experience with Ford customer care

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
look for the hand-book in the ShuvCivic and the SA. also check the boot of the Dart, below the car cover. most prolly you will find it there
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulbatta View Post
Congratulations! Ford has really done a fantastic job on customer orientation over last few years. A lot more responsive and responsible than some of the other OEMs.
Hope you never have to involve them and wishing you a great long term ownership experience with DART
@planet, I was unable to locate the manual. The Service Adviser searched at his end in the workshop, but no luck.

@vipul, I did therefore had to involve customer care. And your statement was vindicated. I found them to be quite responsive.

While I did have to chase the SA a few times to search for it, I can understand it's not his job and he did the best he could. He was never impolite or unwilling when I called him. Subsequently I spoke to the showroom, to get a replacement manual. They checked the process and asked me to place a request with customer care (email/phone).

I sent an e-mail and then called up a couple of hours later. The call was attended to quickly and the exec patiently understood the issue and my requirement. She then said she will pass it onto the relevant person who would call me later in the day.

As promised, Mr. Rabbani called me in the evening, from Chennai. He said he will check with the workshop and the SA and revert to me the following morning. Once again, as promised I got a call in the morning, and he already had the Ganges Ford workshop customer relations exec in conference. She said she had spoken to the SA and that they did not find my manual. She confirmed she will raise a request for the replacement manual (price Rs.150) and that I could go ahead with my first service even before the new book is issued. Mr. Rabbani professionally summarised the discussion/actions and closed the call followed by an e-mail to that effect.

Chandana called me the next day to say that the book is in stock and I can collect when I'll take the car for the 1st service.

I was very happy with the levels of courtesy, promptness and intent to address my issue. And this applies to everyone I interacted with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
Congrats for your new car.

The wiper setting as per my knowledge is, 1 for one second interval swipe, 2 for two second interval and so on.
Thanks !
I did try timing the gap but it seems to be more than 1s for 1 etc..

Update
A couple of noises:
- The driver side window makes a 'khat' sound (at times), just at the point of being closed fully.
- A chirpy sparrow seems to have found a home somewhere around the rear hatch/tray

FE Update
Last week the car returned 19.67kmpl over 610kms All of this within the city but the commute was on fairly open & good roads with no AC. I keep 32psi tyre pressure. With an average of 2-3 people in the car.

I'm eagerly looking forward to the next fill !

Last edited by shuvc : 9th November 2012 at 14:31.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:48   #58
BHPian

That was a very positive and pleasant experience for you on behalf of Ford India. The fact that they've agreed to replace the manual as well as allowing you for the first service without manual is commendable. Now I understand why ford has been gaining so much popularity in the recent times. The FE you've posted is just awesome. Goes on to show how much of an intelligent car Ford has developed. Enjoy many many miles ahead in dart. About the 'khat' noise,do check the window winding channel for unneccessary play. This used to be a problem with the indica's. Attend to it at the first service.
Old 10th November 2012, 10:54   #59
BHPian

Now that you are happy with the FE, when is the ICE upgrade coming up ?

I am using Cerwin Vega speakers with my good old Alpine HU and amp. Quite happy with the setup.
Saurabh M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 19:27   #60
BHPian

Congratulation ShuvC ! Bit late, as I missed the thread during the holiday time.

Hope, the FE part will be maintained, now that you have reached your desired level of 16+ Kmpl.

I am also planning to have second car (target as of now is around April 2013), a diesle one, with budgest similar to yours (Max 7 Lakhs OTR).
So, I will soon start working with excel.

Did you take a test drive of Vista?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks