Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2012, 11:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: "Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 10,000 km Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
About the 'khat' noise,do check the window winding channel for unneccessary play
Hmm. Checked but didn't find any play. Maybe it's too minor still. Does not happen always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Now that you are happy with the FE, when is the ICE upgrade coming up ?

I am using Cerwin Vega speakers with my good old Alpine HU and amp. Quite happy with the setup.
ICE is due. Holding back primarily due to lack of funds. Even if I reuse most of the Baleno equipment, it may still need ~10k, considering damping, new wires, installation charges etc :(

Where have you installed the amp? Snaps would be welcome !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Congratulation ShuvC !

Hope, the FE part will be maintained, now that you have reached your desired level of 16+ Kmpl.

Did you take a test drive of Vista?
Thanks ! Yes if I continue getting around 19 during the non-ac months, I should end up with an annual average of around 16. Lets see. Early days yet. First service is due.

Nope. Did not drive it in recent times. I recall TD'ing the Vista after it was launched. But that was just for the sake of it. Having earlier had an Indica petrol for 3 years I'm not too keen on venturing the Tata way if I can help it !
Old 16th November 2012, 00:43   #62
Senior - BHPian

First Service

First service completed this Tuesday.
One month after taking delivery. ODO reading was a bit over 3000kms.

It was quite uneventful. I had booked earlier. Tuesday was a holiday here (Kali Puja) but the workshop was open. I reached at 9:30am and was 5th in queue. By the time I left for home a bit after 10, there were just 6/7 cars that had checked in for servicing. It was a strange sight no doubt, for someone used to seeing the rush at Honda and even more so at Maruti.

The SA noted down all the things I wanted checked.
- Driver window noise
- Chirping noise in the rear
- Occasional wiper noise (difficult to reproduce and show him)
- Occasional rear brake release sound
- Steering wheel sliiiightly turned to the right, at the centre position.
- 'Whoom' sound at 2k rpm
- New user manual

He however seemed more intent on selling me under body protection (a full polish being offered free with it). Politely. I refused equally politely. He also sold me a Waxoyl engine treatment. I agreed to it, to let him get some 'cut' for his efforts ! The price was around Rs.300. What shocked me though was that Ford charges Rs.86+tax for the protective plastic covers they put on the seat/steering/gearshift !! Honda does not I am sure ! The total bill, along with the price of the user manual came to Rs. 590.

I was given a time of 2:30pm. He called at 2 to inform car was ready. I was in a rush and did not have time to check out the work done on the car. He said everything taken care of ! I was sure they weren't The 'whoom' is still there , so is the steering tilt. Not that I was expecting either of them to be resolved. I'm yet to check on the chirping sound from the rear as I've not been sitting at the back since the service. The car was delivered in a fairly clean and polished state. While there were still some corners that were missed out, I might venture out to say they did a slightly better job than Maruti/Honda.

Overall it was a pleasant experience and within the mild levels of expectations I had. At least everyone was friendly, accommodating and willing to help. There was no 'attitude' on display from anyone. The first step of developing a rapport has been established.

I realised that I'll be visiting the workshop pretty frequently, since the car will potentially clock 10k kms every 3 months !
Old 16th November 2012, 18:14   #63
BHPian

It is very pleasant to see Ford owners having such pleasing experience at the dealership.Previously the experience ranged from disgusting to downright horrible. It is good to see that that has changed. Please check into the whoom sound in order to ensure no undue damage happens to your engine like the engine stalling on downshift which happened to quite a lot many BHPian. And yes wish you many more economy filled diesel advantage fun-to-drive miles ahead in your new acquisition. And also wish to see your Dart darting through the traffic infront of my eyes. :-)
Old 16th November 2012, 18:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

Re: First Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I'm yet to check on the chirping sound from the rear as I've not been sitting at the back since the service
Checked today. The sparrow seems to have disappeared. Sound gone.

Topped up again. Got 19.36kmpl with almost zero AC. This includes ~ 30km DTE drop post 1st service. Possibly due to idling etc during service?

The FE figures till date:

13.2 70% AC - City
17.7 70% AC - Highway
17.1 30% AC - City
17.9 10% AC - City
19.7 02% AC - City
19.4 02% AC - City

As mentioned earlier, city commute involves fairly good roads and usually not much of bumper to bumper traffic.

The DTE showed 860km after I topped up today - in stark contrast to the 541 km it showed when I filled it up for the first time after taking delivery.
Old 16th November 2012, 22:43   #65
Senior - BHPian

Shuvc.
Congrats. Great to know about your new ride.

I also got the Figo recently.
One query, there's a lock sign (Red) above the RPM meter, which keeps blinking whenever the car is parked. Any idea what it is ? Couldn't find anything in the manual and Ford guys are still doing research on it. lol

Here's my ride.
"Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 56,000 km Update-20121112kps_4898-large.jpg
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 23:39   #66
BHPian

Congratulations shuvc on that mileage. It will be great during the winter which hopefully will balance out once the summers set in so that your overall mileage criteria of around 16kmpl remains intact.

kpzen the lock you are referring to is the immobiliser for the security. It is present in almost all the cars which have immobiliser equipped into their ECU. No need to worry a great about it.
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2012, 00:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Shuvc.
Congrats. Great to know about your new ride.

One query, there's a lock sign (Red) above the RPM meter, which keeps blinking whenever the car is parked. Any idea what it is ? Couldn't find anything in the manual and Ford guys are still doing research on it. lol

Here's my ride.
Thanks! And I return the compliment ! I think the Figo looks best in white. Are those 185 A-drives? You've sold the Getz?

I never gave much thought to that light. I had presumed either of these options ..
A) it indicates that the security system is active
B) it is a sort of countdown for the auto lock. I think the car auto locks after a minute or two. I was specifically told by a showroom driver to never keep the key inside after parking the car.
Old 17th November 2012, 08:51   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A) it indicates that the security system is active
B) it is a sort of countdown for the auto lock. I think the car auto locks after a minute or two. I was specifically told by a showroom driver to never keep the key inside after parking the car.
Yes, that is the immobilizer at work.

As I said to KP earlier, these guys at ASC should go & hang themselves. The Figo DOES NOT autolock. Even if you manually push the lock inside (the gate opening lever) & close it, it won't. Keep the spare key around & try it out.

From what I know, Cars which have remote as OE, don't autolock. At least Tata, Mahindra, Skoda & Ford don't.
Old 18th November 2012, 10:06   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The Figo DOES NOT autolock.
Now that you mention it, I've got to try it out. I'm quite sure the guy at the yard demonstrated it to me. He just took out the key and closed the door. The key was outside. The car locked probably after a minute or two. Now I'm wondering whether I was mistaken and he had locked it with the key.
Old 18th November 2012, 14:57   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I've got to try it out. I'm quite sure the guy at the yard demonstrated it to me. He just took out the key and closed the door. The key was outside. The car locked probably after a minute or two. Now I'm wondering whether I was mistaken and he had locked it with the key.
Okay,

You can program it I think. (Dunno how...)

If you open the door via key, it won't lock (this I am dead sure of).

If you unlock & don't attend to the Car (that is not open any door), it will auto lock. If you open any gate & then close w/o locking, it will not lock itself.

Please try & revert.

Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 13:36   #71
Senior - BHPian

@shuvc---Congrats on your new Figo. Even I got one on Oct 18th, but have not found time to put up an ownership thread. My son drives it most of the time, so I need to drive it more before putting a report.

However, on the FE front, we had better results, despite upsizing to185/65 Energy XM2s on day 1:-
  1. 1st refill : 16.2 kmpl (included 210 kms of airport runs, which is like highway runs)
  2. 2nd refill: 15.6 (90% city and 10% ORR)
  3. 3rd refill: 15.55 (90% city and 10% ORR)
AC usage was 60 to 70% on all 3 occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Shuvc.

]
Congrats on your new model Figo. Looks good in white--even mine is.
So will your ownership thread read as 'kpzen to kpgetz to kpfigo'?

I thought you were going to buy a Sail Uva , after reading your comparative posts on that thread.

As regards that light, it is the PATS light. It is there on all Figos and most Fiestas. My Fiesta does not have it, though most have it. But my Fiesta does have an immobilizer. So I am not really sure what is the function of PATS, that is in addition to the immobilizer.

Last edited by vnabhi : 26th November 2012 at 13:37.
Old 4th December 2012, 22:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

5000+kms

5000kms up in 50 days.

It's chugging along faithfully. Nothing much to report.

Ah, got the high security plates fitted. I was charged an additional Rs. 150 by the tout who manages all the dealership cars.

Some creaking/khatkhat etc sounds had developed at the rear. I was unable to pinpoint the source. Sometimes it seemed like a big rattle, sometimes suspension related.

Went to the workshop. Told the SA that I need the car checked in 2 hours. He kept his word to the T. Whisked it away and gave me a TD in 1.5 hours. The noise had subsided to a large extent. Apparently the rear seat had not locked in properly and he 'tightened the hatch door' too. I didn't probe further. Am happy with the service experience still. Adding to it, the lounge is nice. I found it better than Honda and much better than Maruti. Their coffee is better too

Oh and the mud flap woes. Lost the rear pair. Dunno when they fell off. Discovered that half of the right front had sheared off. So decided to get a new set. Got it fitted at the showroom for Rs. 600.

And got sunfilm installed. Free of cost ! A proactive offer from the Sales guy. Possibly returning some favours he got from me. I didn't ask. I was happy it got done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If you unlock & don't attend to the Car (that is not open any door), it will auto lock. If you open any gate & then close w/o locking, it will not lock itself.

Please try & revert.
Right. That's how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
However, on the FE front, we had better results, despite upsizing to185/65 Energy XM2s on day 1:-
  1. 1st refill : 16.2 kmpl (included 210 kms of airport runs, which is like highway runs)
  2. 2nd refill: 15.6 (90% city and 10% ORR)
  3. 3rd refill: 15.55 (90% city and 10% ORR)
AC usage was 60 to 70% on all 3 occasions.
Congo ! Awaiting your report !

Your FE figures with AC seem realistic, though honestly I was hoping for more with AC in the city. But now I'll have to reset my expectations and be happy if I get 15 during the summers. Hope that happens. 12/13 will kill me !!

FE suddenly dropped right after 1st service. From 3.5K kms to 4.5K kms it went from 19s to 17s. Same driving cycle. Strange. The current fill seems to be doing better.

13.2 70% AC - City
17.7 70% AC - Highway
17.1 30% AC - City
17.9 10% AC - City
19.7 02% AC - City
19.4 02% AC - City
17.4 No AC - City
17.9 No AC - City
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 21:13   #73
BHPian

That's not so good news shuvc. Please get your air filter checked since from what I know you drive through some very dusty area enroute to work. Maybe the dust has clogged your airfilter resulting in your car consuming more fuel to compensate for the low amount of air. Please do give it a thought and maybe you again need to be lightfooted since your car is now revving even more freely hence you might be unconsciously pressing the gas pedal a bit more. This is just a casual guess.
Old 6th December 2012, 15:30   #74
Senior - BHPian

since when did you become so Fuel Economic? Infact, think: you drive the Dart to get 18-19 KPL and you come back home and drive out the Civic and grin at the 7KPL figure. Get a life, Sir! Enjoy the Dart, and you don't drive the Dart in FE mode always.

Dart now deserves better ICE - atleast the 75.4 you took from me (in my dreams) and never returned! God bless and drive safe.
Old 7th December 2012, 00:27   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
FE suddenly dropped right after 1st service. From 3.5K kms to 4.5K kms it went from 19s to 17s. Same driving cycle. Strange. The current fill seems to be doing better.

13.2 70% AC - City
17.7 70% AC - Highway
17.1 30% AC - City
17.9 10% AC - City
19.7 02% AC - City
19.4 02% AC - City
17.4 No AC - City
17.9 No AC - City
Right. The last topup returned 18.9kmpl. Will keep observing to see if any pattern emerges.

This time the DTE had dropped to 60kms before I topped up. After doing so, the engine felt quieter !! Does the engine sound 5-10% harsher when so low on fuel? Or were my ears playing tricks on me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
since when did you become so Fuel Economic? Infact, think: you drive the Dart to get 18-19 KPL and you come back home and drive out the Civic and grin at the 7KPL figure. Get a life, Sir! Enjoy the Dart, and you don't drive the Dart in FE mode always.

Dart now deserves better ICE - atleast the 75.4 you took from me (in my dreams) and never returned! God bless and drive safe.
Been in economy mode from this year. Financial issues :(. ICE is on the backburner too for the same reason.

But I do try to get a life on those (now) rare occasions with the Civic
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks