Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2016, 15:52   #181
BHPian

re: My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!

Wonderful.
Those are some amazing shots, must say, my hands are really itching to get some off-road fun as well!
Any off-roading events coming up wherein non-Fortuner owners can come along?

Luv.
Luv_Jaiswal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 16:26   #182
BHPian

re: My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!

Nice ownership review Karan. Became a fan of yours after seeing the recent video reviews. I am also in dilemma, whether to wait for a new Fortuner or to go for the new Endeavor, or to buy a pre-ownerd current gen Furtuner.

I have few of questions to you.
1.during any time of your ownership tenure, did u miss the rear diff lock on your fortuner?
2. As per my understanding, the traction control system has been added in the face-lifted (2012) version, how effective it is, in the slippery conditions. and how effectively it can improve the traction, compared to pre-facelifted versions. Did you experience it any time in your recent off-road session? ( I have seen some face-lifted version too in the pics )
3. How advance is the terrain management system of the endeavor compared to the Fourtuners 4X4 system? according to me it should be much superior because of the rear diff locks and the traction control system. I have seen videos where the reviewer depending on traction control system rather than locking the rear differential for tackling the obstacles.

Any how, I have decided to wait for the new Fortuner to arrive in this festival season as per your latest update.

Last edited by Speed-Gladiator : 2nd August 2016 at 16:42.
Speed-Gladiator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:35   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Jaiswal View Post
Wonderful.
Those are some amazing shots, must say, my hands are really itching to get some off-road fun as well!
Any off-roading events coming up wherein non-Fortuner owners can come along?

Luv.
Thanks, well there are many 'non Fortuner' guys doing Off Roading in their Thar, Gypsy's etc but our group we roll only with Fortuner owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Gladiator View Post
Nice ownership review Karan. Became a fan of yours after seeing the recent video reviews.
Thanks i appreciate that

Quote:
I am also in dilemma, whether to wait for a new Fortuner or to go for the new Endeavor, or to buy a pre-ownerd current gen Furtuner.

I have few of questions to you.
1.during any time of your ownership tenure, did u miss the rear diff lock on your fortuner?
2. As per my understanding, the traction control system has been added in the face-lifted (2012) version, how effective it is, in the slippery conditions. and how effectively it can improve the traction, compared to pre-facelifted versions. Did you experience it any time in your recent off-road session? ( I have seen some face-lifted version too in the pics )
3. How advance is the terrain management system of the endeavor compared to the Fourtuners 4X4 system? according to me it should be much superior because of the rear diff locks and the traction control system. I have seen videos where the reviewer depending on traction control system rather than locking the rear differential for tackling the obstacles.

Any how, I have decided to wait for the new Fortuner to arrive in this festival season as per your latest update.
1) No
2) As far as i know the Traction Control gets deactivated once you use the low ratio gearbox.
3) As you are in a dilemma i would simplify it for you, if buying an A/T buy the 3.2 Endeavour over this or upcoming Fortuner as its more powerful (hp, Torque), 1 extra cyl & Terrain Management System is a gem.
If buying M/T then go for upcoming Fortuner.
Buying currrent gen doesnt make sense if buying new, preowned option can be looked though.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 14:47   #184
BHPian

Hi Guys have been reading and following silently ! Mine is a Sept 2009 black fort ( prefer to call it that as it keeps me safe ) has clocked 90,000 kms tyres changed at 65k to Dunlop OE.. considered the contis but highway comfort was more important hence Dunlop s although tyres had a few thousand kms of life it was hard and drive pleasure safety were compromised . Changed clutch from toyota at 65k again due to hardness and city traffic . Now the only complain is suspension which we all can live with but a slightly better ride would be great . Throwing sandbags in at end loading with passengers isn't always a solution I guess . Also will keep a close watch on someone finding out wether 2009 models are BS 3 compliant . I don't think it matters much but it's good to be informed .Regards
Old 4th August 2016, 14:53   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
Hi Guys have been reading and following silently ! Mine is a Sept 2009 black fort ( prefer to call it that as it keeps me safe ) has clocked 90,000 kms tyres changed at 65k to Dunlop OE.. considered the contis but highway comfort was more important hence Dunlop s although tyres had a few thousand kms of life it was hard and drive pleasure safety were compromised . Changed clutch from toyota at 65k again due to hardness and city traffic . Now the only complain is suspension which we all can live with but a slightly better ride would be great . Throwing sandbags in at end loading with passengers isn't always a solution I guess . Also will keep a close watch on someone finding out wether 2009 models are BS 3 compliant . I don't think it matters much but it's good to be informed .Regards
Hi, what tyre pressure are you running ?
Old 5th August 2016, 11:37   #186
BHPian

Hey karan561 fort always drives 30psi nitrogen checked every 60 days to same pressure cheers mate
m-hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 21:26   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
Hey karan561 fort always drives 30psi nitrogen checked every 60 days to same pressure cheers mate
30 psi is perfect setting for Fortuner

But 60 days is a big interval, i normally prefer once in 10 days or before after a long road trip.

As you are running on nitrogen you may have the liberty to not check for 2 months, but i personally dont prefer/trust nitrogen to be honest hence i stick to regular air.

Last edited by karan561 : 8th August 2016 at 21:29.
Old 10th August 2016, 18:46   #188
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
30 psi is perfect setting for Fortuner

But 60 days is a big interval, i normally prefer once in 10 days or before after a long road trip.

As you are running on nitrogen you may have the liberty to not check for 2 months, but i personally dont prefer/trust nitrogen to be honest hence i stick to regular air.

I have been running my Fortuner at 29 psi as 95% of the time I am usually the sole occupant of the Car.

And I tend to check my tyre pressure in most instances when I top up my tank provided the tyres are cold
Old 10th August 2016, 21:17   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
I have been running my Fortuner at 29 psi as 95% of the time I am usually the sole occupant of the Car.

And I tend to check my tyre pressure in most instances when I top up my tank provided the tyres are cold
Yes 29 psi is good too, i have tried that often after switching to pure A/T tyres and i like it. But i really dont push people for 29, because many people may argue about it being under inflation.

Old 17th August 2016, 09:49   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Reporting a 1st interior plastic quality issue;
My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1471407548.437018.jpg
^ The fuel cap release lever came off :(
Old 17th August 2016, 13:47   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The fuel cap release lever came off :(
Has the spring broken off OR plastic notches that hold the spring have broken?
Old 18th August 2016, 17:22   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Has the spring broken off OR plastic notches that hold the spring have broken?
Nope, nothing has broken off nor the plastic notch/hinge or the spring. Its just come off and has to be re-fitted.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 19:03   #193
BHPian

Brake Booster upgrade in Kerala ..??None available

Went to Nippon toyota today asking for the brake booster upgrade for my 2010 fortuner. they have no clue about it and noone has asked them for it till now! HAs anyone in KErala done a brake booster upgrade for their Toyota Fortuner yet???
If yes kindly PM me !!
Old 29th September 2016, 12:24   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

When I opened FB today this came in as a memory 3 years ago;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1475131779.097829.jpg

^ That time the spirit for Fortuner was so high that we (Harish & Myself) felt we could pull out a stuck 2 ton Fortuner

Guderian is still missed on our every T-FOG drive

Last edited by karan561 : 29th September 2016 at 12:26.
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 15:21   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I opened FB today this came in as a memory 3 years ago;

Attachment 1560564

^ That time the spirit for Fortuner was so high that we (Harish & Myself) felt we could pull out a stuck 2 ton Fortuner

Guderian is still missed on our every T-FOG drive
I miss HG too. And GD, who used to do so many wildlife trips. Life is ephemeral, but their memories and writings live on.
nilanjanray is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks