Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 17:16   #16
BHPian

re: My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres]

Your tires gave up and you went in too slow. Good to see you using the "chota" gear often.
Dont sell this one when it gets old , rip off those plastic bumpers slap on some M/T tires and it'll be a blast.
It is truly a highway monster.

Was in the same situation with my gypsy once, middle of the night,no tools, no other vehicle to tow it out , we pushed , fell , dug with our bare hands and sacrificed a friends new pair of jeans to get out.

Last edited by paras211 : 22nd November 2012 at 17:20.
paras211 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 17:35   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
Your tires gave up and you went in too slow. Good to see you using the "chota" gear often.
Dont sell this one when it gets old , rip off those plastic bumpers slap on some M/T tires and it'll be a blast.
It is truly a highway monster.
May be you're right about gathering the pace before going in I agree

& yes i can already visualize my car with Metal Bumpers, bigger M/T Tyres etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Great review and pics Karan561. You seem to have really enjoyed your Fortuner as is evident by the pics. I have done almost 75,000 kms in my Fortuner and without anything untoward to report.
Thanks !!!

Quote:

I will suggest that when the time comes to change tyres, not to experiment and go in for the same Dunlop Grandtreks that your car came with. Do make sure they are the Made in Japan ones though. I recently have burnt my hands on Yokohama Geolanders that I replaced my Dunlops with at the 72,000 kms mark.
Frankly i was excited about getting The Yokhama Geolanders as a replacement as soon as my tyres lose steam. But after your incident i think i may not go in for this brand at-least on my T-Fort.

I have used Yokohamas on my Punto ( es 100's ) & on my Cruze too (dB Series ) & the performance has been supreme was always praising about them, i am shocked & surprised after what happened in your case.

I may mostly stick to the stock Dunlops when it comes to replacement or may look at Michelins or Continentals

Quote:

I am really surprised as to why your brake pads were changed at 17K kms!? Mine were only changed at the 70,000 kms service recently.
As you know the brake pad life is subjective to driving style.

In fact it is surprising that your set lasted 70k kms

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th November 2012 at 00:34.
Old 24th November 2012, 13:24   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the car under-body power washed at a local service station. The muck/slush had dried up & was hard to remove from the wheel arches & other critical areas so the service center person had to manually remove using his bare hands to reach out & get it out;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-clean-1.jpg

& out ;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-clean-2.jpg

PS - KAMYO super detail coming up

Last edited by karan561 : 24th November 2012 at 13:26.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 22:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Got the car under-body power washed at a local service station. The muck/slush had dried up & was hard to remove from the wheel arches & other critical areas so the service center person had to manually remove using his bare hands to reach out & get it out;
Great to see you enjoying your vehicle.

I try to avoid deep mud or water if possible (translation: if I have to go through mud and water on my way to someplace, I do. But I don't actively go looking for mud/water to play in it , since one needs to clean and grease asap after that. And that is not always possible).

Toyota ASCs in Bangalore don't know much about post-offroading checks and measures.
Old 28th November 2012, 22:04   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Great to see you enjoying your vehicle.

I try to avoid deep mud or water if possible (translation: if I have to go through mud and water on my way to someplace, I do. But I don't actively go looking for mud/water to play in it , since one needs to clean and grease asap after that. And that is not always possible).

Toyota ASCs in Bangalore don't know much about post-offroading checks and measures.
Thanks !

Well regarding the post off-roading checks & measures IMO none of the Toyota ASC across India would be trained for this.

Regarding the post off roading cleaning, the best is to plan to go for off roading before your service interval

Quote:

PS - KAMYO super detail coming up
Finally it was time to get my BRUTE-FORT Super detailed ( Exterior + Interior )

Here are some WIP pics;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-1.jpg

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-2.jpg

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-3.jpg

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-4.jpg

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-6.jpg

A clean engine bay

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-7.jpg

Sun & Shade captured & WHITE cant look any better

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-5.jpg

This was the first time i had called for KAMYO detailers & they did not disappoint, my BRUTE FORT now looks showroom fresh & well deserved

Kamyo Team Strength : 4 people

Total Time taken : 6 hrz 30 mins

Total Cost : Rs 7500/-

PS - Great job in the interiors as well, haven't taken photos yet , will upload shortly

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2013 at 15:59. Reason: No more than 2 smilies / post please
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 17:39   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently my Brute Fort was all decked up for an event, some pics id like to share;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-photo-3.jpg

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-photo-2.jpg

The view from the cockpit

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-photo.jpg
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 10:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recently my Brute Fort was all decked up for an event, some pics id like to share...
Let me guess - a wedding in the family ?!! That's intelligent of me eh ?
Now I could be wrong of course...these days there is no telling for events I guess.
Anyway your Brute- Fort in this livery reminds me of Attila the Hun in a bride's trousseau.
Shake it off and it deserves an OTR event.

Last edited by Guderian : 30th January 2013 at 10:40.
Old 30th January 2013, 11:33   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Let me guess - a wedding in the family ?!! That's intelligent of me eh ?
Yupp ! My cousins marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Shake it off and it deserves an OTR event.
Yup, its off & im in
Old 18th February 2013, 15:09   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Update : 30k Service done;

Engine Oil change, Oil Filter, Air Filter (1st change), brakes cleaned, & other checks & top ups
Also prop shaft greasing, tire rotation etc

A/C Filter wasnt changed as had replaced in mid 20s (Had rat droppings in the A/C Filter so put a new 1 that time)

Total cost Rs 7823/- (Incl. of taxes etc)
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2013, 15:09   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Last Sunday 7 BHPian Fortuner owners had gone for an expedition to Pawna Dam, Lonavla

& What a sight it was to see the 7 butch SUVs conquer the beautiful landscape around Lonavla, few pics from the drive;

Brothers in Arms : Grouping before hitting the Expressway

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-1.jpg

@ Expressway : En - Route Lonavla

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-2.jpg

@ Pawna Dam

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-3.jpg

The Line up

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-5.jpg

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-4.jpg

The BHPians from L to R : VenkatIyer, Bhp, myself, Monaro CV8, Kedarwalke, Guderian(taking the snap), & Ahmed(Missing - probably setting up the tripod)

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-bhpians.jpg

The upcrawl, do note my rear view mirror

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-6.jpg

My BRUTE-FORT

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-7.jpeg

Goodbyes & Already planning the next drive

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-8.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 22nd February 2013 at 15:15.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 03:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Last Sunday 7 BHPian Fortuner owners had gone for an expedition to Pawna Dam, Lonavla

& What a sight it was to see the 7 butch SUVs conquer the beautiful landscape around Lonavla, few pics from the drive;

The Line up

Attachment 1054526
See 3 current versions of the Fortuners. Did any of those have automatic transmission? Please share your experience, if any, with the Automatic transmission versions of the Toyota Fortuner.
Old 5th March 2013, 17:16   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
See 3 current versions of the Fortuners. Did any of those have automatic transmission? Please share your experience, if any, with the Automatic transmission versions of the Toyota Fortuner.
Hi Murugan,

There were no A/T Fortuners in this drive, all were 4x4 M/T.

Have not driven the latest 5 speed A/T but im sure the new 5 A/T is far more responsive, refined & fuel efficient than the previous 4 A/T.

Sadly no 4x4 A/T on offer

Last edited by karan561 : 5th March 2013 at 17:21.
Old 14th April 2013, 21:15   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Had have a couple of road trips to Pune, but this recent trip was a quickie covered about 380 kms on the Trip meter by running around within Pune, outskirts & back to Mumbai;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-photo-1.jpg

One of the lowest figures for a Pune trip, but also one of the fastest too

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-photo-2.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 14th April 2013 at 21:17.
Old 29th April 2013, 21:33   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Last Sunday (21/4/13) Team Fortuner Owners group did a drive to Deer Park, Silvasa;

Some pics from the drive;

6 Fortuners all BHPians turned up for the drive;

The first Deers spotted in herds;

The Elegant Antler;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-antlers.jpg

The dry & dusty reserve;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-7.jpg

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-8.jpg

(From L to R) - Myself, Guderian, MonaroCV8

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-team1.jpg

The antler charging;

The line up;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-img_4548.jpg

My BRUTE FORT;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-img_4574.jpg

Had stopped for breakfast @ Kamats before entering the Deer reserve;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-dsc01796.jpg

Group Discussions, table courtesy Manish (bhp!)

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-img_4601.jpg

Exploring Countryside;

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-923108_10151445487172762_44867966_n.jpg

Empty NH8 on return

My BRUTE-FORT: Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T [Upgraded Brake Booster & A/T Tyres] EDIT: Now sold!-photo.jpg

Trip log;

Total Distance covered: 300 Km (Aprox)

FE : 10.7 Km/l

You can read the entire report here;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...to-jungle.html

Thanks

Last edited by karan561 : 29th April 2013 at 21:52.
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 22:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
6 Fortuners all BHPians turned up for the drive
Good pictures, Karan! Thanks for sharing.

More details about your ride and experiences will help the future buyers
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks