Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2012, 19:20   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up

Congratulations on your new ride. I bought my Innova from its first owner at around 35k kms too. 4 years and 70k kms later it has still not given me any trouble at all. Infact it impressed you so much with its versatility that we will probably exchange it with another Innova in the near future.
BTW how much did you pay for it? sorry I missed reading that in your post if you have already mentioned it.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2012, 19:52   #32
BHPian

Congratulations, Sukiwa. Great buy at 6.75 lacs for a 3.25 years used innova, in top trim version with 40k on the odo.

BTW, the v has leather seats. Pls confirm.
Old 2nd December 2012, 23:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Congratulations, Sukiwa. Great buy at 6.75 lacs for a 3.25 years used innova, in top trim version with 40k on the odo.

BTW, the v has leather seats. Pls confirm.
None of the Innova V models, including the current ones (it is called Innova VX now) ever came with leather seats.
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 14:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
BTW how much did you pay for it?
I paid around 8.3L including insurance & RTO charges.

Update: I have changed ICE in Innova, have put a thread in ICE section.

I had taken Innova to Akola few weeks back for a friend's wedding. Roads were not that great between Jalna & Akola and had to drive at slow speeds in some sections.
Fuel economy was 11.8 & 12.4 kmpl during this journey. I refueled at Aurangabad while going to Akola & at Waluj MIDC on return journey. Surprisingly, Diesel costs more in Aurangabad compared to Pune.
Old 28th December 2012, 14:57   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
I paid around 8.3L including insurance & RTO charges.
Well thats a decent price for the car I guess. RTO charges for transferring the ownership?
Old 1st January 2014, 09:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hello Suhas,

First of all wishing you & all other TBHPians a very happy 2014. Thank you for sharing the link of this thread. Kindly revitalize it again as it has been dormant for more than a year now.

For almost a year I was searching for such a type of Innova ownership thread, however could not find one. You have put it very well, clear, crisp & simple. As you are aware I too am looking for a pre-worshipped Innova & that too a "V" model. Not very concerned about the model year or odo reading, but I have a limited budget of 6 lacs max.

I want to know before finalizing the deal, how did you go about inspecting the vehicle? What all precautions did you take? Also if you don't mind sharing, I would like to know how was the payment done, was it all upfront or in installments. I understand you had to pay @ 30K for RTO charges. Was this just for the ownership transfer or any other formalities? 30K seems to be a big amount, hence want to know the exact break-up.
Old 6th January 2014, 13:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I want to know before finalizing the deal, how did you go about inspecting the vehicle? What all precautions did you take?
Just follow PDI inspection checklist from TBHP, that much is enough. Drive around to test suspension, engine sound/noise at various rpm.

Quote:
Also if you don't mind sharing, I would like to know how was the payment done, was it all upfront or in installments.
Payment was made in 2 installments over a period of 3 weeks.

Quote:
I understand you had to pay @ 30K for RTO charges.
30K was combined amount for Insurance and RTO charges at both Mumbai & Pune. Insurance amount was around 26k for IDV of 8.25L & rest were charges at both RTO offices.

Quote:
Kindly revitalize it again as it has been dormant for more than a year now.
Nothing major to report here, but will update thread with service details soon.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 01:12   #38
BHPian

Dear Sukiwa,

Thanks for your thread which has been a support for my search. Though I am aware of vehicles but to get a detailed summary is always a bonus to cross verify and Sorry buddy to hijack your thread.
After a long search of say 6-7 months, I have finally purchased a pre-owned Innova. Its a 2008 Nov manufactured but registered in 2009 March Innova G4 black Innova with odo showing 57860kms. I did check the vehicle personally and got the history from the dealer.
I will be sharing my experience in near future in the same thread if the moderators permit.
Below are few pics of my new purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up-dsc_0084a.jpg  

My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up-dsc_0089a.jpg  

My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up-dsc_0097a.jpg  

My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up-dsc_0105a.jpg  

SHAHBAAZ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 08:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
Dear Sukiwa,

Thanks for your thread which has been a support for my search. Though I am aware of vehicles but to get a detailed summary is always a bonus to cross verify and Sorry buddy to hijack your thread.
After a long search of say 6-7 months, I have finally purchased a pre-owned Innova. Its a 2008 Nov manufactured but registered in 2009 March Innova G4 black Innova with odo showing 57860kms. I did check the vehicle personally and got the history from the dealer.
I will be sharing my experience in near future in the same thread if the moderators permit.
Below are few pics of my new purchase.
Hello Shahbaaz. Many congratulations on getting hold of a preworshipped Innova. I have been struggling for the last several months to get hold of a good used Innova. Please share more details about your find. How much you had to pay and source from where you got it.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 01:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Shahbaaz. Many congratulations on getting hold of a preworshipped Innova. I have been struggling for the last several months to get hold of a good used Innova. Please share more details about your find. How much you had to pay and source from where you got it.
Firstly, Wishes to all for this Diwali. Be safe.

Hello AutoIndian, Looking at your profile, you are located in Pune. If you need any help, then do PM me your details and I will get in touch.
As I mentioned earlier, I was in a hunt for around 7 months from now and came across many Innova's good, average and bad ones too. Fortunately or unfortunately none of them turned my way. Few deals were attractive, but the odo, history from dealer and condition were not good. I did not want to go for an attractive low price and end up reparing majorly. I kept my cool and patiently waited for the right moment. Ended up various sleepless nights after checking out vehicles.
I was very clear in my mind that I will not be buying a car from a dealer thought I did visit dealers first just to get first hand info on the market value. Then surfed on Internet on various sites for old cars. It became an habit and I started logging on to these on daily basis to get latest updates.
To cut short, I came across this Innova while surfing one evening/night. Based on the model details and an individual selling it, I noted the details and called the person first in the morning. Took an appointment and visited his place.
The person was an IT employee and had recently returned back from US. He already owns a 3series BMW and a VW Polo, so wanted to get rid of this car.
He had quoted for 7L for 2009 registered vehicle which I feel it was a low quote. Seeing it fishy but why leave a chance, I made to his place and checked the vehicle on the day of Ganpati Visarjan. In a span of 24 hours of posting, I was the 5th person to visit and by the time I was leaving, there was a group of 4 people standing to check the vehicle. They appeared like tapori agents. Anyways on inspecting and driving the vehicle for around 6-8 kms, this vehicle behaved well. All 5 tyres were original Good years with 11/2008 date. I checked the bodyline, gaps, folded panels, supports, door hinges, under body, ladder chassis for any damage.. Except for RH front door rest of the vehicle was in original paint and also around the battery area. Interiors were a bit dull because he was not using the vehicle on a regular basis and since last 2 months it was almost like an unused vehicle. I informed him that I am interested in the vehicle and would get back after a weeks time if he can wait. Meanwhile I said I also had few other cars to check. I also mentioned him and made him aware that I am not an agent and had travelled around 40kms to check his car. Meanwhile I got the details from one of the Toyota dealer. It’s History sheet was very clean with timely service except for the last one. After a week, as promised I visited his place and offered him 6.6L. Finally we made a Deal of 6.75L. No doubt, I took the delivery after say 10-12 days, till then the vehicle was unused by the previous owner. For me it took time to get the loan and now waiting for new documents.
Below is the Picture taken during the delivery. Rest of them I will post once I give a details review. I may be travelling to Ahmadabad this week so I may have lot of things to share regarding my drive.
No doubt, I have lot of long drive experiences in Innova, but they being into Tourist and owned by one of my cousin.
Attached Thumbnails
My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up-dsc_0093a.jpg  

SHAHBAAZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, Wishes to all for this Diwali. Be safe.
Wishing you and other TBHP members the very same.

Quote:
Hello AutoIndian, Looking at your profile, you are located in Pune. If you need any help, then do PM me your details and I will get in touch.
Yes I am located in Pune (Chinchwad to be precise) and thank you for your offer.

Quote:
As I mentioned earlier, I was in a hunt for around 7 months from now and came across many Innova's good, average and bad ones too. Ended up various sleepless nights after checking out vehicles. I was very clear in my mind that I will not be buying a car from a dealer thought I did visit dealers first just to get first hand info on the market value.
We both are sailing exactly in the same boat. I am on the look out for a used Innova for the last 10 months. Seen and test driven few from the dealer, but cannot trust any dealer for the genuineness of the car as they are more interested in closing the deal rather than ensuring a safe and sound car. There was an Innova from my brother-in-laws office which was spic-n-span condition. I waited for it to be up for sale for 8 months, but when the leasing agency decided to put it up on the block it was grabbed by DSK Toyota. Now they will put it up for sale with a fat margin.

Quote:
Then surfed on Internet on various sites for old cars. The person was an IT employee and had recently returned back from US. He already owns a 3series BMW and a VW Polo, so wanted to get rid of this car.
He had quoted for 7L for 2009 registered vehicle which I feel it was a low quote.
You were damn lucky to spot this car. 58K on the odo in 5 years means this car has hardly ever seen the road and it is almost as new.

Quote:
Meanwhile I got the details from one of the Toyota dealer. It’s History sheet was very clean with timely service except for the last one.
How could you manage that, because when I went to DSK Toyota, Bavdhan to get the service history of one the used Innovas, they said that I need to get the owner of the car along with me and only then they can share the complete service history.

Quote:
After a week, as promised I visited his place and offered him 6.6L. Finally we made a Deal of 6.75L. No doubt, I took the delivery after say 10-12 days, till then the vehicle was unused by the previous owner. For me it took time to get the loan and now waiting for new documents.
Lucky you. For a similar vintage and running, Carwale quotes Rs 7.18 lacs for an Innova in good condition and 7.5 lacs for a car in excellent condition. So yours is a steal deal.

Quote:
Below is the Picture taken during the delivery. Rest of them I will post once I give a details review. I may be travelling to Ahmadabad this week so I may have lot of things to share regarding my drive.
Please share your initial experience, the pros/cons of a used Innova. Preferrably start a new thread and share the link of that thread over here. Wishing you many happy (s)miles with your Innova.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 00:16   #42
BHPian

Quote:

1 - Yes I am located in Pune (Chinchwad to be precise) and

2 - How could you manage that, because when I went to DSK Toyota, Bavdhan to get the service history

3 - Lucky you. For a similar vintage and running, Carwale quotes Rs 7.18 lacs

Please share your initial experience, the pros/cons of a used Innova. Preferrably start a new thread and share the link of that thread over here. Wishing you many happy (s)miles with your Innova.
AutoIndian,
Thanks for your compliments.

1 - I too am located in Chinchwad near Thermax Chowk. If you want, then we can meet for further details.

2 - Well, with the permission of the owner and secondly my cousin run's a Car rental business, and own's around 8-10 innova's, 2 Fortuners and 4 Etios. He is one of the first lot customers so has good relation being a previlaged customer.

3 - I know that I have got a gold at a very less price. On the day of delivery, the owner did ask if he was selling it a lakh rupee less!!

Thanks, Maybe when I am free from professional activities,I will share the details by starting a new thread. Will also post some Pics showing the difference like before and after purchasing the car.
Just to let you all know, I had a great and quick trip to Ahmadabad and truly enjoyed the drive. It took only 10hours travel of which around 8hrs actual drive which had two stops of almost an hour each. (656kms. one side). It was a steady 110-120kmph drive. The roads are awesome with no pothholes or hard bumps. I am in a process to plan my next trip to Ajmer. Fingers crossed.
SHAHBAAZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 10:12   #43
BHPian

My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant

Quote:
AutoIndian,

Thanks for your compliments.

Hey,
If it's possible can you let us know the invoice amount of your Innova ?meaning the price at which it was bought brand new from the showroom ?
Will help me understand how much depreciation hit did the Innova take.
Thanks.
Old 30th October 2014, 19:28   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hey,
If it's possible can you let us know the invoice amount of your Innova ?meaning the price at which it was bought brand new from the showroom ?
Will help me understand how much depreciation hit did the Innova take.
Thanks.
Dean5545, I am not aware of the price at whch the owner bought in 2009. But for sure he might have got a good discount as the manufacturing date is mentioned as 2008/11. Also considering the fact that there was a new model (Type-2) in line and year end. I did ask the owner for the original invoice, but he said it's not available at his end.

Second thought. Can any one share the prices of various models launched in different years?

Dean5545, I have searched for the same on internet, but nothing positive. Hope that the car was around 10-11 L in 2009.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st October 2014 at 12:05. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 30th October 2014, 20:22   #45
BHPian

Innova G4 on road invoice in 2008 was 9.85 lks andhra
Rovergen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks