Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2015, 20:53   #241
BHPian

Re: My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi. 40,000 kms & counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Been a while since I updated. The car has now done 43K and touchwood running well.

The vehicle continues to run do well. I ended up buying a car fridge from Tropicool. A full detailed report on the fridge coming up soon.

Cheers

Rajain
I have been following your thread for long and happy to see that your car is performing so great for you. My ZDI has crossed 30k mark too and post servicing, its driving even better than ever.

I need to check the oil leak that you have mentioned. But I have never seen any oil leak below the car where I park it. Still will check it tomorrow. I am interested in now getting the RD dual channel box but don't get it really easy in Mumbai. Another thing that I have heard about the dual channel box is that RD guys tune it to your liking and its best to be done in Bangalore. Which means when ever I am ready, I will drive down to bangalore for a day and get it fixed. Lets see when I get the time to do this.

I have tried everywhere to purchase the Thule box that you have but totally failed. Got one lead but they asked for 75k for the box and that I felt was not worth the price. If you know any place and where the price is reasonable, I would be interested.
Old 2nd June 2015, 14:24   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I have been following your thread for long and happy to see that your car is performing so great for you. My ZDI has crossed 30k mark too and post servicing, its driving even better than ever.

I need to check the oil leak that you have mentioned. But I have never seen any oil leak below the car where I park it. Still will check it tomorrow. I am interested in now getting the RD dual channel box but don't get it really easy in Mumbai. Another thing that I have heard about the dual channel box is that RD guys tune it to your liking and its best to be done in Bangalore. Which means when ever I am ready, I will drive down to bangalore for a day and get it fixed. Lets see when I get the time to do this.

I have tried everywhere to purchase the Thule box that you have but totally failed. Got one lead but they asked for 75k for the box and that I felt was not worth the price. If you know any place and where the price is reasonable, I would be interested.

Hi

Yes I have been enjoying my Ertiga. It is now 45.5K old.

I have now not faced the oil leak. In fact I had not faced it previously either but the service centre said it needs to be done. So they did it. I never had a drop of oil at the car parking.

The RD folks actually have an office in a place called Jakkasandra close to Koramangla in Bangalore. Retails happen from several places and tuning is not necessary. It comes preset from Ertiga.

The Thule Box too has a dealer in Bangalore called Methods Automotive. They have all sorts of Thule boxes. Yeah, so when you have the time please drive over to Bangalore and this work should be no problem.

PM me your details and I will make myself free for a quick catch when you are in town.

Cheers

Rajain
Old 9th June 2015, 23:17   #243
Senior - BHPian

How is the Racedyanamics chip doing? Any issues ?
I am seriously considering to buy one for my Ertiga.
Old 11th June 2015, 17:09   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
How is the Racedyanamics chip doing? Any issues ?
I am seriously considering to buy one for my Ertiga.
Hi

Racedynamics is doing fine. No problem at all. And i have taken it for servicing as well. MASS people don't have a question.

Tuning is not needed. They are sold for SX4 and Ertiga besides other vehicles.

When i go for pollution check certificate i change setting to stock. Otherwise i drive on P1.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 16:36   #245
BHPian

Hello,

One of my friend is planning to install auxiliary driving lights maybe Lighforce or Rally on his Ertiga. Looking for some good installations if any of you have got the same on your baby. He is contemplating on installing it on the roof rails / root top against an option on front bumpers. Do post a picture of your baby if you have the same installed.

Happy driving and keep smiling
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 22:02   #246
Senior - BHPian

Hello Rajain, no updates on your Ertiga for more than 3 months now. Hope your ZDi is still raking in miles. Do update this thread whenever you get time. I am waiting for the Ertiga facelift to get launched. Hope it comes with the SHVS technology. I will take guidance from you, Parag, Anurag and other Ertiga owners just in case I finalize on the Ertiga
Old 14th September 2015, 09:34   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Hello,

One of my friend is planning to install auxiliary driving lights maybe Lighforce or Rally on his Ertiga. Looking for some good installations if any of you have got the same on your baby. He is contemplating on installing it on the roof rails / root top against an option on front bumpers. Do post a picture of your baby if you have the same installed.

Hello

I have seen at least 1 Ertiga with aux lights on the cross bar on the roof.

With lights being on the bumper or on the bars protruding out from the front the chances of a minor frontal impact damaging the lights certainly increases.

I am sure the lights coming from a height (the roof height) will be different perhaps the spread maybe more. However, as is always the case it maybe blinding to those driving cars.

Please take a few minutes to read this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...uv-ertiga.html. The opening page has a picture (not close up) of the lights)

Cheers

Rajain
Old 14th September 2015, 12:38   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hello Rajain, no updates on your Ertiga for more than 3 months now. Hope your ZDi is still raking in miles. Do update this thread whenever you get time. I am waiting for the Ertiga facelift to get launched. Hope it comes with the SHVS technology. I will take guidance from you, Parag, Anurag and other Ertiga owners just in case I finalize on the Ertiga
Hello

The last couple of months have been rather hectic. Some on work and some on the personal front.

Some intercity runs have taken place and the vehicle continues to do its duty very well with no issues to report. In fact we ended up buying a Tropicool car warmer and cooler for some of these long distance journeys also. Its quite nice. Keeping the water bottles and cans cool in the home fridge and then transferring them to the car cooler/warmer keeps their temperature.

I was hearing (and can't confirm) that the new 1.6 DDiS engine may reach the new facelifted Ertiga. I could be wrong but lets see. Though I must mention that the present engine is just right and never does one feel it to be underpowered.

The present odo reading is 48600 kms and the next service due is at 50k. The tyres are also doing good. I would think at least 4 k more life in the tyres.

Cheers

Rajain
Old 14th September 2015, 12:54   #249
BANNED

Quote:
I was hearing (and can't confirm) that the new 1.6 DDiS engine may reach the new facelifted Ertiga. I could be wrong but lets see. Though I must mention that the present engine is just right and never does one feel it to be underpowered.
I don't think it is possible unless Maruti does some major changes to the engine bay due to the size of the DDiS 320 as compared to the DDiS 200. I'll be happy if Maruti proves me wrong and does release the Ertiga with a 1.6L MJD.

My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting!-marutiertiga02horz.jpg

To me the engine is a only grouse (The enthusiast is speaking).
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 15:00   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Hello,

Here is how I installed 2 lights 10 days back in my ertiga. Total cost of Rs 2500.

I am happy with the setup. Left spot light is focused on 30-40 meter ahead towards the curb to see pedestrians, right spot light is focused on 30-40 m ahead to see potholes/humps.
Attached Thumbnails
My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting!-ertiga1.jpg  

My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting!-ertiga2.jpg  

My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting!-ertiga3.jpg  

arjithin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 15:48   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello

The last couple of months have been rather hectic. Some on work and some on the personal front.

Some intercity runs have taken place and the vehicle continues to do its duty very well with no issues to report.
No news is good news. Most importantly it is niggle free for almost 3 years now, which is quite reassuring.

Quote:
In fact we ended up buying a Tropicool car warmer and cooler for some of these long distance journeys also. Its quite nice. Keeping the water bottles and cans cool in the home fridge and then transferring them to the car cooler/warmer keeps their temperature.
Could you please share some pictures of this Tropicool car warmer and cooler? Seems to be quite interesting. Do you power it from the 12V socket on the 3rd row?

Quote:

The present odo reading is 48600 kms and the next service due is at 50k. The tyres are also doing good. I would think at least 4 k more life in the tyres.

Cheers

Rajain
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I don't think it is possible unless Maruti does some major changes to the engine bay due to the size of the DDiS 320 as compared to the DDiS 200. I'll be happy if Maruti proves me wrong and does release the Ertiga with a 1.6L MJD.

To me the engine is a only grouse (The enthusiast is speaking).
Rajain, I quite agree with Anurag over here. If at all MSIL is going to bring the same Ertiga in India as was showcased in Thailand/Indonesia, then I don't see any major changes to the bonnet/ engine bay area, which means the 1.6 DDis won't make its way in the Ertiga facelift. It is a bigger engine requiring generous space (as is clearly evident from the bonnet of S-Cross). Ertiga bonnet is one of the most compact ones for any MUV and they will have to re-design it to accommodate the bigger engine.

If me too proven wrong over here, then I would be the happiest person on this planet to get a 1.6 DDis powered Ertiga.
Old 23rd September 2015, 08:30   #252
BHPian

Quote:
No news is good news. Most importantly it is niggle free for almost 3 years now, which is quite reassuring.
Yes it has been a trouble free ride. I do go on long full day runs (occasionally full night runs as well) and the vehicle has never let me down. In fact that was the big plus in buying a Maruti Suzuki. And touchwood it has lived up to its expectation.

Quote:
Could you please share some pictures of this Tropicool car warmer and cooler? Seems to be quite interesting. Do you power it from the 12V socket on the 3rd row?
Yes I do owe a full review of this. Coming up soon. Yes I do power it from the 3rd row 12V socket.

Quote:
Rajain, I quite agree with Anurag over here. If at all MSIL is going to bring the same Ertiga in India as was showcased in Thailand/Indonesia, then I don't see any major changes to the bonnet/ engine bay area, which means the 1.6 DDis won't make its way in the Ertiga facelift. It is a bigger engine requiring generous space (as is clearly evident from the bonnet of S-Cross). Ertiga bonnet is one of the most compact ones for any MUV and they will have to re-design it to accommodate the bigger engine.

If me too proven wrong over here, then I would be the happiest person on this planet to get a 1.6 DDis powered Ertiga.
It is certainly likely that if at all Maruti Suzuki were to plant the 1.6 DDiS into Ertiga they would have to re-design it to accommodate the bigger engine. Presently it is a rather compact feel. Between all of us here none would dispute that the present engine is pretty good and serves its duty well without any complaints.

I have also driven the Innova, Scorpio, XUV5oo, Fortuner and Duster. They all have more powerful engines, though for Innova the NM is the same. And I agree there is no replacement for displacement. However, considering other factors like power to weight I will give full credit to the Ertiga's engine. It is a gem of an engine.

Cheers

Rajain
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:03   #253
BHPian

Hello

I had purchased a Tropicool car warmer and cooler a couple of months back and taken it out on a few rides which were full day rides. In some cases the rides itself were small but I was out for the whole day.

Please find below a full review of the product after a use of about 2 months -

1. It measures about 20" by 18" by 15". This is an approx. There was a spec sheet that had come with the product but it is somewhere.

2. Since it is a warmer and a cooler the temperature range on the warmer side is 60 and on the cooler side is 5 deg C.

3. It runs on both power sources - the 5 amps at home and the 12V available in the car.

4. It carries a 2 year warranty.

5. By practical capacity it can carry 8-10 half ltr bottles or 12-14 pepsi cans

After using it for little over 2 months I can say it is a good buy. While this is not your regular fridge but I will say it does its job well. Here is how I have made the best use of it -

First I power it on at home on 5 amps for about 15-20 minutes and cool it down. The temp comes to about 12-14 below outside temp. If the house temp is around 26-28 then the inside temp is 12--14. I also keep the water bottles, the Pepsi cans/bottles in the fridge and then place them in the car cooler. I will say after this pre work, the temperature of the Pepsi cans/bottles stays around the same through the day. However, if juice can and bottles are brought from room temp into a switched off car cooler then it takes half an hour to cool them. The word chill does not come. Remember it is a cooler and not a chiller/deep freezer.

About the same method on the warmer side. Turn the temperature knob on the warmer side. Bring in food from the gas or the microwave wrapped in foil and store it. The food stays nice and warm. If the expectation is that the food will remain warm it will. It will not be very hot but the temp does go up to 45 deg C and the interior also becomes warm.

As far as the materials are concerned it has been sturdy. It is of course hard plastic and I have places a small laptop bag on it with no worries.

It does need ventilation from the front. The air rotation thus does not hamper car AC effectiveness. The handles to pick and transport it is also good.

In the car it is neatly tucked away with the rear bench folded down and the power comes from the 3rd row 12V socket.

It is best when we are on a long drive and cool drinks are available through the day. When I stay overnight in some hotel then I take it to the room and plug in on for an hour before departure next morning.

Below are some pictures -

My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting!-dsc00266-1024x768.jpg

My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting!-dsc00267-1024x768.jpg

My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting!-dsc00268-1024x768.jpg

My 'Luv' - Maruti Ertiga Zdi EDIT: 70,000 km & counting!-dsc00269-1024x768.jpg

Hope you found this useful.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:16   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had purchased a Tropicool car warmer and cooler a couple of months back and taken it out on a few rides which were full day rides. In some cases the rides itself were small but I was out for the whole day.
Thank you Rajain for sharing the excellent review of the Tropicool car warmer and cooler , seems to be a good buy. But the most important question, how much did it cost you and from where did you buy?

Last edited by GTO : 23rd September 2015 at 09:59. Reason: Rule #11. Absolutely no discussion of alcohol on the forum
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:44   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Rajain for sharing the excellent review of the Tropicool car warmer and cooler , seems to be a good buy. But the most important question, how much did it cost you and from where did you buy?
Hi

Yes I may have missed that part. It is 12k or so. I purchased it from Car Fancy in Koramangla, Bangalore.

Yes ice cubes will help. But I would recommend gel cubes which are reusable. There is a sticker on the inside that says do not pour water. So, when the ice cubes melt it will create water. So, I suggest ice packs instead.

Yes the ice packs work very well indeed.

I am glad you liked the review.

Cheers

Last edited by GTO : 23rd September 2015 at 10:00. Reason: Rule #11. Absolutely no discussion of alcohol on this forum

Most Viewed