Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2014, 10:29   #121
BHPian

22K beast is doing its duty fine . wife thanks me making the choice of buying the Storme . She is just back from a up and down solo trip Mysore - Bangalore ( same day).
Attached Thumbnails
Windy, Cloudy & Finally a Storme-image968320978.jpg  

Fortuner71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 21:34   #122
BHPian

Congrats. The truck looks lovely. How do you manage to maintain it as it seems just polished before the pic was taken.
Old 21st March 2014, 12:31   #123
BHPian

Windy, Cloudy & Finally a Storme-imageuploadedbyteambhp1395385253.717990.jpgtruck doing well as expected
Fortuner71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 16:48   #124

Re: Windy, Cloudy & Finally a Storme

So glued to this thread, I am planning to buy a SUV as well. Choice is between XUV W6 & Storme EX. Heart says Storme but it lacks some really useful features like Airbags, Auto AC, Proper music system, steering controls and it being a huge vehicle (will be the only vehicle in the family) driving in the city and finding those tight parking slots will be a big challenge. Brain says XUV.
Old 8th April 2014, 10:22   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damore View Post
So glued to this thread, I am planning to buy a SUV as well. Choice is between XUV W6 & Storme EX. Heart says Storme but it lacks some really useful features like Airbags, Auto AC, Proper music system, steering controls and it being a huge vehicle (will be the only vehicle in the family) driving in the city and finding those tight parking slots will be a big challenge. Brain says XUV.
XUV is equally huge and you will face the same problems of parking and negotiating tight spots in your city.
garyag79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 10:54   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
XUV is equally huge and you will face the same problems of parking and negotiating tight spots in your city.
100% agree with you. However, when compared literally XUV appears to be smaller in length and hence may be a bit maneuverable in the city as well.

Was never in so much of confusion over cars earlier.
Old 8th April 2014, 11:44   #127
Team-BHP Support

If we look at it objectively, the XUV is indeed a better value for money. For a moment lets forget ASS and Reliability,because Tata fans will say Tata is better and Mahindra Fans will say Mahindra is better.
Comparing vehicles feature to feature and what you get for your money, the XUV wins hands down.

If you talk about handling and ride, Tata wins in Ride quality and XUV wins in handling. I have driven both and the difference is clear.

If you talk about size and parking issues, both are the same. If those are a problem than a Duster and Terrano make more sense(but they are 5 seaters, not 7 seaters).

I suggest, you take a back to back test drive and decide.
That said, if you love the storme, and it pulls your heart strings, then go for it. A car is as much an emotional purchase as its a utility.

Lemme give you my example. We wanted an expedition vehicle. If you talk about "head" and "common sense", a scorpio would have made more sense.

However, Safari pulled at the heart.
Our Safari, the white elephant, gave us a lot of troubles and breakdowns. But if we went back in the past, and could change our decision, will we? No we would not. We will still buy this.

And before you ask me, will I buy a storme next? Well I cannot be sure because the storme does not pull at the heart like the Safari did.

I consider the 2.2 the last of the Safari's with the rear tailgate mounted wheel. The storme to me looks more and more like a narrow van, a sad shadow of the glorius Tata Safari, forged by people in suits and ties in air conditioned board rooms, and not buy the raw passion, like the old Safari.
tsk1979 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 14:41   #128
BHPian

Odo reads 23500 . No issues to report. Had a wonderful pleasant drive today morning to bangalore , back tonight to Mysore .
Attached Thumbnails
Windy, Cloudy & Finally a Storme-balur-estate-158.jpg  

Old 21st May 2014, 11:23   #129
BHPian

ODO reads 26500 no issues . The beast is doing fine and serving me well .
Fortuner71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 11:18   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damore View Post
Bro, storme is a breeze to drive in the city or maneuver those tight turns while trying to park , given its extremely low turning radius and super comfortable seats. Yes, it doesn't have the bells and whistle unlike XUV but what good are those features if half of them do not work when needed : I'm waiting for its facelifted version only in a hope to get a proper 2 din.
Old 20th June 2014, 16:54   #131
BHPian

Inching towards 30K ODO reads 28200 now , No issues to report . Beast runs like dream .
Old 20th June 2014, 17:15   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Inching towards 30K ODO reads 28200 now , No issues to report . Beast runs like dream .
There is a saying,"One can judge a man by the way he maintains his car". Hats off to you Fortuner71. Great work on maintaining the beast in such pristine condition.

Looking forward to some travelogues with the beast.

Cheers,
Vinay.
yaniv14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 18:13   #133
BHPian

Windy, Cloudy & Finally a Storme

Quote:
Congrats Fortuner71 on owning SUV of my Dreams.

Quite a few times I've sighted your Beast on BM Habitat Mall Road, Mysore but was unable to acknowledge you, as I was not a member then. Hope some day if time permits will meet.

OT: Even Vijaykanth, Service Manager Urs Kar seems to be impressed with your beast as he was mentioning about it, when I was there last time to get my car serviced.

Regards.

Last edited by KING DYSP : 20th June 2014 at 18:16.
KING DYSP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:15   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Congrats Fortuner71 on owning SUV of my Dreams.

Quite a few times I've sighted your Beast on BM Habitat Mall Road, Mysore but was unable to acknowledge you, as I was not a member then. Hope some day if time permits will meet.

OT: Even Vijaykanth, Service Manager Urs Kar seems to be impressed with your beast as he was mentioning about it, when I was there last time to get my car serviced.

Regards.
We should catch up , i stay in the same area .

Last edited by Fortuner71 : 23rd June 2014 at 14:17.
Fortuner71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 15:37   #135
BHPian

Quote:
We should catch up , i stay in the same area .
Definitely Sir will catch up on some weekend. I will PM you my contact details .

Regards.

Most Viewed